facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 15, 2017, 06:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Can we get back to topic ???

Old February 15, 2017, 06:56 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Enough with the personal attacks and remarks

get back to topic
Old February 15, 2017, 07:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Enough with the personal attacks and remarks

get back to topic
Did I say anything personal or was something personal said about me?

you can't keep making personal remarks about me, such as my poor moral family, my 'pen knife' etc and expect me not to respond

This forum is becoming a joke because of a select few posters

Old February 15, 2017, 07:24 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

^was the warning directed towards you?
Old February 15, 2017, 07:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
^was the warning directed towards you?
No, but I was making a point and my posts got deleted where I was pointing out the irony of calling me immature and an imbecile

Old February 15, 2017, 08:12 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Lesson to be learned: like messing with the US military, you shouldn't debate sports with an American. If you can understand football every other sport on earth is like ludo. And I don't mean that dumbass sport where you're not allowed to touch the ball with your hands. I mean real man's football played with pigskin. And Im no John Madden...I just have a rudimentary understanding of gridiron play...etay ey obosta.
Football of all hues is for wimps.

If I grab hold of the average footie fan and try and explain the concepts of Draws, Follow-Ons, Strike Rates and Powerplays to him his mind will be frazzled in double quick time.

Football fans aren't mentally conditioned to understand the intricacies of a tougher sport. Kick the ball, throw the ball, butt into somebody else, quarrel with the referee, that's all they know.
Old February 15, 2017, 10:48 AM
Banned

Vocal minority is out in force, mutually wanking each other off on their self-proclaimed "intellect". Ignorants claim to know more about Indian players who they don't even watch that much. Too many victims of frog-in-the-well syndrome here. Massive turn-off for non Bangla fans from interacting. Came to this site looking for interesting interactions with cricket fans with Bangla stripes. But increasingly find that have to wade through a lot of tripe from tribal jingo-froggies.

Up to the mods how they want to police such behavior, but some unsolicited honest feedback - such crap is a major disincentive for "other" fans to post here.
Old February 15, 2017, 11:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
Vocal minority is out in force, mutually ******* each other off on their self-proclaimed "intellect". Ignorants claim to know more about Indian players who they don't even watch that much. Too many victims of frog-in-the-well syndrome here. Massive turn-off for non Bangla fans from interacting. Came to this site looking for interesting interactions with cricket fans with Bangla stripes. But increasingly find that have to wade through a lot of tripe from tribal jingo-froggies.

Up to the mods how they want to police such behavior, but some unsolicited honest feedback - such crap is a major disincentive for "other" fans to post here.
You can't be using w*ankwng word on here

Old February 15, 2017, 11:46 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
Vocal minority is out in force, mutually wanking each other off on their self-proclaimed "intellect". Ignorants claim to know more about Indian players who they don't even watch that much. Too many victims of frog-in-the-well syndrome here. Massive turn-off for non Bangla fans from interacting. Came to this site looking for interesting interactions with cricket fans with Bangla stripes. But increasingly find that have to wade through a lot of tripe from tribal jingo-froggies.

ah stop whining. If you expect to a get "massive turn-on" then you are in the wrong site my friend!! it is a cricket forum and so there will be heated conversations between different fans (heck even argument among BD fans gets very intense).

and here is someone looking for turn-ons lol...
Old February 15, 2017, 12:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Lesson to be learned: like messing with the US military, you shouldn't debate sports with an American. If you can understand football every other sport on earth is like ludo. And I don't mean that dumbass sport where you're not allowed to touch the ball with your hands. I mean real man's football played with pigskin. And Im no John Madden...I just have a rudimentary understanding of gridiron play...etay ey obosta.

american "football" ??
more like

let me explain so that even supporters of handegg might understand
Old February 15, 2017, 06:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone

If I grab hold of the average footie fan and try and explain the concepts of Draws, Follow-Ons, Strike Rates and Powerplays to him his mind will be frazzled in double quick time.

Football fans aren't mentally conditioned to understand the intricacies of a tougher sport. Kick the ball, throw the ball, butt into somebody else, quarrel with the referee, that's all they know.
I can't comment on footie but American football is 10 times harder than cricket in both physical and cerebral aspects. Most positions in football require players to be extremely strong, fit and athletic while linemen can get away with just being strong and athletic. Have you ever heard of playbooks for any sport? Every time a player joins a new team in football they have to master the playbook which contains hundreds of different play calls. Each play call defines the position, direction and movement for each player on the field. These play calls need to be executed to perfection in a matter of seconds during the game. Here's what a top neuroscientist says about the difficulty level of NFL playbooks
Old February 15, 2017, 11:48 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
I can't comment on footie but American football is 10 times harder than cricket in both physical and cerebral aspects. Most positions in football require players to be extremely strong, fit and athletic while linemen can get away with just being strong and athletic. Have you ever heard of playbooks for any sport? Every time a player joins a new team in football they have to master the playbook which contains hundreds of different play calls. Each play call defines the position, direction and movement for each player on the field. These play calls need to be executed to perfection in a matter of seconds during the game. Here's what a top neuroscientist says about the difficulty level of NFL playbooks
This Lmao. Some folks are really ignorant. Try playing American football competitively sometimes. It's far more than huge guys in protective equipment trying to fight each other and reach the other side of field, like some ignorant posters here seem to think. Heck even the strategy involved in the game is immense. Every single play is planned. Cricket is nothing compared to that
Old February 16, 2017, 04:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Rugby or Aussies Rules is extremly the most physical sport with very less protective gear and most brutal. I had a colleague who was a member of the Cambridge Club and he was such a beast. He got injured from an injury in a scrum.
Old February 16, 2017, 02:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Lol Cricket is much more chill compared to American and/or European football, Rugby and Basketball.
Old February 16, 2017, 07:50 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer
This Lmao. Some folks are really ignorant. Try playing American football competitively sometimes. It's far more than huge guys in protective equipment trying to fight each other and reach the other side of field, like some ignorant posters here seem to think. Heck even the strategy involved in the game is immense. Every single play is planned. Cricket is nothing compared to that
Try playing cricket at least semi professionally and then talk back!!

The amount of dedication and focus it needs, esp in a split second, is immense. Football is a very specialized set piece game ie. the job of a kicker is to solely do...just that.

Football is a very different game than cricket. They are really not comparable. So one can't really say one is better than the other.

I personally prefer even afg vs oman match over any NFL match. But that's just me. People have their own preferences.

On topic, yeah India got good marks out of 10!!
Old February 16, 2017, 07:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone

initiate.ambush()

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Guess you walked right into it, eh? :-]

Joking aside, great link. I'd assume it is a bit like akin to memorizing chess patterns.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles