facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 1, 2010, 04:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan

i've always maintained that against minnows we need to lay out a flat track and simply bat them out of the game like we did at Bulawayo last year. Coventry hit 194* and we still won the game. How and why? Because our batting unit as a whole is still fundamentally better than theirs, and on a flat track where bowlers have little say, the side that wins is the side that can out-bat the other.
Well, this is not another series to bully the minnows, this is the last prep series before WC'11. When we will be facing England, WI, and SA, we won't be able bat them out, our best chance will be to spin them out. IMO, the think-tank did the right thing by not giving the batsmen easy way out, but to force them to adapt to our best possible strategy.

Regardless of the nature of the pitch or nature of opposition attack, there is simply no excuse that our batsmen failed to chase down 210 on our home ground!

Old December 1, 2010, 04:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Well, this is not another series to bully the minnows, this is the last prep series before WC'11. When we will be facing England, WI, and SA, we won't be able bat them out, our best chance will be to spin them out. IMO, the think-tank did the right thing by not giving the batsmen easy way out, but to force them to adapt to our best possible strategy.

Regardless of the nature of the pitch or nature of opposition attack, there is simply no excuse that our batsmen failed to chase down 210 on our home ground!
all excellent points. i fully agree.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 1, 2010, 05:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

If the man does not wanna be a cap.. why force him? How about Imrul as a captain. :p
Old December 1, 2010, 05:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Shabash Shakib! I salute thee!

Now here we have a Man who is not afraid to speak out. Instead of being a mere pawn to the corrupt BCB "leadership", he decided to be his own man. Bravo!

Sad thing is Shakib will be sacked soon and replaced by a non-performing and unfit captain. The team is definitely divided into two camps: corrupt and rotten Loitta Kamal and his patroned players V competent and courageous Shakib.

The answer? Saber Chowdhury. Otherwise, let us collectively kiss the 2011 WC goodbye now!
Old December 1, 2010, 05:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Bravo Shakib. Speaks truth against all the odds.

The Loitta guy is killing our cricket.
Old December 1, 2010, 05:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateCut
It is a clear sign of immaturity. A succesfull leader makes the best of the hand he is dealt with. Clearly it was not the one he wished for. However, publicly naming names and comparison on-field performances will invariably create an atmosphere of discontent. As a captain he cannot play favorites (at least publicly). We will soon be dimished to infighting bunch like the Pakis if this behaviour is continued. Admittedly Sakib led by example on the field but failed terribly off the field. I will implore BCB to releive of his captaincy role which he apparently does not want.
I beg to differ with you...every nation (like what Beamer said) needs a combative unrelenting leader...every great cricketing culture has them....the bothams, boycotts, lillees , miandads of the world

I vividly remember sri lanka's cricketing pioneer Arjuna Ranatunga taking the entire srilankan team off the field when murali was infamously called for chucking in australia....do you thinks that was immature of ranatunga?

Shakib did absoulutely the right thing for blasting the team and especially the deadweights for a game that should have been won.

Last edited by Shartaz; December 1, 2010 at 05:58 PM..
Old December 1, 2010, 06:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Do you want a professional puppet or a reformer ? your pick
Shakib the man.
Old December 1, 2010, 06:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Contrast shakib's ballsy interview with the toolish reporter b.kabir. smh.
Old December 1, 2010, 06:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
You know when I want to lead a team, any team ( be it sports or work ), I would want a lot of authority. Yes, that also makes me more accountable, but thats the only way I would get things done. This situation is not tenable for Sakib. He is clearly a born leader, and not someone who has been given a leadership role ( some one like Bashar ), and in my mind, there is a clear distinction. And since he is a Bangladeshi, such alpha personality will piss off a lot of people who in their mind are the leaders and him carrying their orders. We are the unfortunate ones. Sakib will not be a success in a country like ours. He will be looked at as a beyadob..
Finally. Someone recognizing Shakib's personality for what it is. A role has responsibility. But the responsibility must also have authority. BCB's micromanagement and emasculation of the role of captain and the coach is destroying the team.

Youc call crap if you see crap. If you are the leader, that is your job. You are failing in your responsibility if you do not. But of course, in Bangladesh, he will be pilloried for not showing shomman to the seniors and murubbis.

Age does NOT merit automatic respect (perhaps sympathy). Only ability does.
Old December 1, 2010, 07:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Shame the Shakib has to plays with guy like ashrafool , this guy has played 150 odi but still make the stupid mistake

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old December 1, 2010, 07:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

In a way, i am glad that it happened in the first match of this series. This lost is an eye opener. I fully support Shakib for this bold and honest statement. Any one could easily walked out saying "No Comment" and keeping this secret. That would have been worse for us. Thankfully, Shakib let these know to keep selectors and some of the players on their feet !
Old December 1, 2010, 09:11 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i've always maintained that against minnows we need to lay out a flat track and simply bat them out of the game like we did at Bulawayo last year. Coventry hit 194* and we still won the game. How and why? Because our batting unit as a whole is still fundamentally better than theirs, and on a flat track where bowlers have little say, the side that wins is the side that can out-bat the other.

When you make bowling friendly (in this case spin friendly) tracks, you level the batting aspect and it becomes a case of whose batsman can win the war of attrition. we lost.
A year ago i would have agreed with you but based on the evidence from Zim vs SA series... laying out flat tracks might have back fired also... Their lineup has batsman who are able to hit 4s & 6s... We have firepower in only Tamim, Shakib and Junaid...

Yesterday Mahmudullah wasted 38 balls and scored one boundary in his 14... and that boundary came from an under edge... so who do you suppose would have lead the chase if Zimbabwe had scored 280 batting first?
The bottom line is in a big chase with our current batting order we need Tamim to fire everytime and score 70-100 to win high scoring matches... because only Shakib and Tamim can keep up with the run rate....
Old December 1, 2010, 09:16 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

I don't understand why Board of Directors, President make so much news in BD cricket?... They are supposed oversee the administration and the game's overall development... why the heck are they so involved in Team matters...
How many times do we hear about ECB board officials during the Ashes?... i think all over the world Selectors, Coach and Captain sit together and pick the squad... and Coach and Captain pick the playing XI... why can't we do the same?
Old December 1, 2010, 09:34 PM
Administrator

^^ That's the deshi management way - micromanagement.

Shakib should just say - "Let go of my ears, I know what I am doing".
Old December 1, 2010, 10:02 PM
Cricket Guru

That's ma man
You show'em! And what he said is 100% correct!
Old December 1, 2010, 10:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Can't understand these armchair critics bragging about 'unprofessionalism' yada yada. He's calling a spade a spade. Unprofessionalism is enforcing captaincy on your key player even after he's rejected it. And he just wants a good side, without crapshraful or some other non performers. Unless you give him that, how's he single handedly expected to win games for you?

Hats off Shakib!
Old December 1, 2010, 10:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Finally. Someone recognizing Shakib's personality for what it is. A role has responsibility. But the responsibility must also have authority. BCB's micromanagement and emasculation of the role of captain and the coach is destroying the team.

Youc call crap if you see crap. If you are the leader, that is your job. You are failing in your responsibility if you do not. But of course, in Bangladesh, he will be pilloried for not showing shomman to the seniors and murubbis.

Seconded, bro.
Old December 1, 2010, 10:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I don't understand why Board of Directors, President make so much news in BD cricket?... They are supposed oversee the administration and the game's overall development... why the heck are they so involved in Team matters...
How many times do we hear about ECB board officials during the Ashes?... i think all over the world Selectors, Coach and Captain sit together and pick the squad... and Coach and Captain pick the playing XI... why can't we do the same?
I think a lot of it also has to do with the narcissm and self vanity of the politicians that run the BCB...remember when we were in england earlier this year and Mustafa Kamal and his scrooges were seen sitting in the famous players balcony at lords for the whole match...just so they could get some cheap publicity....it sure irked David Lloyd who said "there's so many seats in the stadium, why do they have to sit in the players balcony".....
Old December 1, 2010, 10:36 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shartaz
I think a lot of it also has to do with the narcissm and self vanity of the politicians that run the BCB...remember when we were in england earlier this year and Mustafa Kamal and his scrooges were seen sitting in the famous Players balcony at lords for the whole match...just so they could get some cheap publicity....it sure irked David Lloyd who said "there's so many seats in the stadium, why do they have to sit in the players balcony".....
well its clear that Shakib will not subscribe to the "Ji Hujur" culture that the Board officials are used to... so we are likely to see things turn uglier :-(
Old December 1, 2010, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid

Hear hear.
Old December 1, 2010, 11:16 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Seriously we are so lucky to have a player like Shakib. A real tiger take a bow.
Old December 2, 2010, 12:32 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Good posts from Baundule and Beamer. This type of brutal honesty isn't pleasant but necessary for eventual positive change. I'm glad he came right out and said what he did. The 3 groups of matobbors -- moron selectors, sissifier Siddons and Loitta/Tutul -- must be accountable for failures because they don't hesitate to take credit for success, even when they're just riding on the coattails of individual success and natural progression of gifted and serious young players.

I'm with Moyna 100%. Semper Fi Skipper!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; December 2, 2010 at 02:28 AM..
Old December 2, 2010, 02:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
You know when I want to lead a team, any team ( be it sports or work ), I would want a lot of authority. Yes, that also makes me more accountable, but thats the only way I would get things done. This situation is not tenable for Sakib. He is clearly a born leader, and not someone who has been given a leadership role ( some one like Bashar ), and in my mind, there is a clear distinction. And since he is a Bangladeshi, such alpha personality will piss off a lot of people who in their mind are the leaders and him carrying their orders. We are the unfortunate ones. Sakib will not be a success in a country like ours. He will be looked at as a beyadob..
I like him as the leader but I didn't like the way he criticized his team mates in front of the media. He did something like this in the past as well. I know they didn't perform well but he has no rights to do so. He has all the rights to scold them or slap them hard in the dressing room for not performing.

You don't criticize your team-mates (at work) in front of others who are not part of your team, do you? I don't think anyone would take it easy even in USA or other western countries.
Old December 2, 2010, 02:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
I'm with Moyna 100%. Semper Fei Skipper!
Ooooh-rah!
Old December 2, 2010, 02:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Whatever Shakib said it needed to say someday at some point by him (it obviously came out from his frustration), so the sooner it came the better for him and the entire team. Shakib kind of player comes once in blue moon for any country with the possessed merit and character. So, for the sake of country's future BCB should consider all reasons behind these hap-hazardous situation, then should come out with suitable solution which brings good for the player like Shakib and the team...

I'm 100% with Iceman !!