facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 17, 2009, 08:27 AM
Cricket Legend

ATMR top post.
Ash is the best on field captain we have ever .i.e shows how poor we are captaincy department. Those who are arguing why Ash did not reserve Mash for death over. Have you forgetting last over 16 and it was not a single case. Mash consistently bowled bad at death. He did the right thing by bowling him out early. He took a gamble on Rubel - who bowled well in the match, in the previous match. Nothing wrong on that.
I would not blame Ash- the captain for this loss; but definately Ash- the batsman for the stupid way he got out

Old January 18, 2009, 05:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

kalke shamokal e ekta news porlam.. bashar bhai bolteche.. shei hole.. oi shomoye aro attack korto...ja ash korte pareni.. tar kotha gulo pore amar hashi paise... attack and bashar..lolz..

koto gulo match amra herechi or karone.. or defensive field setting er karone.. baire theke shobai boro boro kotha bolte pare.... even in this forum.. ami hole eta kortam..ota kortam....bla bla
Old January 18, 2009, 05:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I am with Ash and the team. What happened is a part of the game.

Agreed with Shakil bhai. Though Ash is poor in the international standard, he is the best captain we ever had. Let the team be intact for Allah's sake. After more than one year we started to get some fruits. Please don't hurt it again by changing the team and the captain.
Old January 18, 2009, 07:28 PM
Test Cricketer

don't blame Ash? No, we should let the loser make the same mistake again and again..

when you have enough, change the title to blame Ash..

Last edited by tiger_club; January 18, 2009 at 08:30 PM..
Old January 18, 2009, 07:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashyboy
What makes you confidently say Maharoof would not have laid into those two?
Would you bring the smashyboy after got smashed?
Old January 19, 2009, 10:47 AM
Banned

Problem is with your batting. Not many can defend paltry totals like 140, 125. Remember zimbabwe beat Australia in T20.
Old January 20, 2009, 08:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnaved
sounds like u don't understand cricket my friend.....ash was the main culprit in the batting side....who was bowling against ash? Mahroof...who was batting against mahroof? the world class player ashraful......now how come he got the wicket of ash? because it was a birthday gift to mahroof..the birthday gift was send by ash........laste ki hoilo eita boro kotha na...ashol defect holo pura top-order/middle order batting side, shei liste asher naam ache....captainei jodi dolke uddhar korte na pare tahole r ki bolbo?
Cudn't resist replying ... Ash the batsman has often been an idiot, I agree. But recently he's done good in tests. What about the openers tho? They never have a decent 30-40 run partnership anymore. Tamim and Zunaed both fail consistently. Look at their record since the Australia tour.. Other than Sakib or Rakib, finger can be pointed at every batsman. So why blame captain Ash for not being able to defend 150 and 120? Let's see how many times Ponting defends it..Mash didn't want to bowl at the death. Nobody wanted to bowl that over, that's why Rubel got the over.

Ash has just started trying new tactics..this is unprecedented in our cricket. Maybe in time he'd be a valuable captain. If not, Sakib can replace him in a year. Just give him time.
Old January 20, 2009, 08:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnaved
sounds like u don't understand cricket my friend.....ash was the main culprit in the batting side....who was bowling against ash? Mahroof...who was batting against mahroof? the world class player ashraful......now how come he got the wicket of ash? because it was a birthday gift to mahroof..the birthday gift was send by ash........laste ki hoilo eita boro kotha na...ashol defect holo pura top-order/middle order batting side, shei liste asher naam ache....captainei jodi dolke uddhar korte na pare tahole r ki bolbo?
You're lost mate. Ashraful didn't 'gift' his wicket, he simply wasn't good enough to avoid playing at it. You must think he's some kind of God. He's quite mediocre unless confident.
Old January 20, 2009, 08:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

I am really disturbed by the news that most of the frontline bowlers didn't want to bowl in final overs. I hope it's not true. If it is, it's just gutless and shows little heart. And if that's the case, they have to take a share of blame with Ash.
Old January 23, 2009, 08:40 AM
Cricket Sage

When a captain fail to lead by examples, when a captain survive in the team purely based on politics and flawed logic ( i.e there is nobody to substitute him) and when the cpatian has shaddy role getting rid of some the senior players and competators (ICL fiasco),and when a captain not use a bolwer for allegedly personal dislike... a captain loose all the credibility to his fellow team mates .... and then the team become disfunctional... and bowler's refusal to bowl is a strong signal to that.

I purely blame BCB for all these fiasco.

Last edited by Fazal; January 23, 2009 at 09:08 AM..
Old January 23, 2009, 08:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
You're lost mate. Ashraful didn't 'gift' his wicket, he simply wasn't good enough to avoid playing at it. You must think he's some kind of God. He's quite mediocre unless confident.
nahaz mama ,cricket king mama, khub to bolla, ajke ash koi run korse? a moron should always be a moron........int'ernational cricket is getting tougher, akhon apnader ash 6 mashe duita eid innings khelleo kam ashbe na......
Old January 23, 2009, 10:39 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

We should drop Ash from the ODI team and keep him in the test team.

Its Mash time.
Old January 23, 2009, 10:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
When a captain fail to lead by examples, when a captain survive in the team purely based on politics and flawed logic ( i.e there is nobody to substitute him) and when the cpatian has shaddy role getting rid of some the senior players and competators (ICL fiasco),and when a captain not use a bolwer for allegedly personal dislike... a captain loose all the credibility to his fellow team mates .... and then the team become disfunctional... and bowler's refusal to bowl is a strong signal to that.

I purely blame BCB for all these fiasco.
That's what is my primary point. Sid and Ash co. is definitely liable, but their employer and mentors are more to blame.
Old January 23, 2009, 12:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

I blame Ash for not learning from things that are going on. Jayawardane understood the pitch and despite his PACERS doing so well the first 20 overs, he brought in Jayasuriya who was not one of the top 5 bowlers and hadn't bowled in prior games in the tournament and bowled him through (including powerplay overs). Why did BD have to settle for 2 spinners when there were more capable spinners available.

Bowling Rubel meant Ash was thinking about over 50 instead of going for the jugular after Shakib's double strike. His last defensive batting innings in the 3rd ODI against ZIM shows that he plays based on preconceived notions and not based on decisions that need to be made at the moment (other than his impulsive drive that gets him caught).
Old January 23, 2009, 12:49 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Ash is having a difficult time. His couple of decisions probably cost us the Tri-nationa trophy and the first ODi against Zimbabwe. However, I have to agree that he has played a part in defeating Sri Lanka in the tri-nation series and was a better on-field captain than his predecessors.

Making him discuss his major decisions with five other players is probably a good move forfrom Bangladesh's point of view. The boy needs to get his acts together and perform as a batsman, he can leave his captaincy burden to four other players and concentrate only on his batting.

It will be a big loss to lose Ashraful altogether from the team. Unfortunately he is heading towards that direction which won't be good for the team. I hope he will find his rhythm and confidence in the premier league and will be back against Pakistan with some runs behind him.
Old January 23, 2009, 01:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

we complain a lot about ash but i think what we need to realise is that ash is not suited to batting at the top of the order and up until we find ourselves good openers and a third man, ash is going to underperform.
Old January 23, 2009, 02:29 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fais
we complain a lot about ash but i think what we need to realise is that ash is not suited to batting at the top of the order and up until we find ourselves good openers and a third man, ash is going to underperform.
We give ash too much credit. He is definately not the best batsmen we have and he will never improve. He has already played 139 ODI for crying out loud with an average of 23, how can anyone in their right mind say that he is a good batsmen based on few of his good innings? If you play 139 games, you are bound to play some good innings. Even morkel (24 average), who is no. 8 batsmen of RSA - and who mainly plays as a bowler has a better average than ashraful . Even Mitchell Johnson (25 average) no. 8 batsmen of Australia has a better average than ashraful.

For fracks sake, why the hell is he in the team - any one with 2 cents worth of their brain cells can do field settings; when most of it are standard rules.

Nuke him. Give sakib captaincy - replace ash with a batsmen who can actually bat. I am sick of this sh.it.
Old January 24, 2009, 12:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mash & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_Ashraful
Rabz I posted this thread because after the match I came on to Banglacricket and the first thing I saw was threads bagging Ashraful and him costing us the loss.

Yasin we can talk about him improving not just blaming him after game we lose.

Dhurr, It was 50-50 decision. If Rubel had got the wickets then it wouldnt have mattered. He made mistake then. What happens if you were in Ashs shoes and bowled Shakib and got tonked in the powerplay and you got the blame.

You saw how much the game meant to Ash in the Presentation.
LOL!!!!!!he did bowler later on and gave only 2 runs. lol boy lol. there is no excuse. you know why???? cause everybody knows Murali plays like a blind and on the process he always play fast bowler better. and after sakib's over where he couldn't score any run the on that moment why we couldn't see Naeem was bowling or Riyad was bowling??? Riyad bowled in the Zim series and he did good btw. and you know what we are not blaming ashrafool to give the ball to Rubel for the 1st over where he gave 20 runs. we are talking about the over after that. 2 back-to-back bad overs were more than enough to loose the match. but you know one thing, ashrafool didn't even give the ball to Mashrafee after bowling couple of overs. then what happened there? you know what?? he doesn't have the ability to think properly. he is unable to make a better decision. he he always does the opposite thing what went wrong in the last match and does the same thing if it went right/good in the last game. As a captain he should think about what's happening right now and what's gonna be good/perfect now? but you know thing, he doesn't think this way about his batting. and scoring 5/8/10/12 this kinda scores, he says" Actually i play good cricket. i start well. Playing good cricket but no big score. This is problem."

Yeah right ashrafool, if you can't score a decent score but you scored 4 runs with a boundary and then got out. it's called good cricket. nothing to say about this guy. have fun fan
Old January 24, 2009, 12:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah
We give ash too much credit. He is definately not the best batsmen we have and he will never improve. He has already played 139 ODI for crying out loud with an average of 23, how can anyone in their right mind say that he is a good batsmen based on few of his good innings? If you play 139 games, you are bound to play some good innings. Even morkel (24 average), who is no. 8 batsmen of RSA - and who mainly plays as a bowler has a better average than ashraful . Even Mitchell Johnson (25 average) no. 8 batsmen of Australia has a better average than ashraful.

For fracks sake, why the hell is he in the team - any one with 2 cents worth of their brain cells can do field settings; when most of it are standard rules.

Nuke him. Give sakib captaincy - replace ash with a batsmen who can actually bat. I am sick of this sh.it.
well said. AGREED

and this is not the time in fact perfect time for Sakib. let him control the pressure of fame for now. let him be prepare to control more pressure first. at last he is under the radar. this guy performing from the start and never came to lime light. but he is on. let's see what happen to him now?
Old January 24, 2009, 12:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Ash is having a difficult time. His couple of decisions probably cost us the Tri-nationa trophy and the first ODi against Zimbabwe.
Only as a captain, Miraz bro??? he is doing nothing as batsman in the team. that's why they are blaming him more. he can't even perform or lead the team well or make a good decision. then why is he in the team actually??? the problem is here. if he could perform and later on for a bad decision we lost a match then it wouldn't be this big issue.
Old January 24, 2009, 12:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
I am really disturbed by the news that most of the frontline bowlers didn't want to bowl in final overs. I hope it's not true. If it is, it's just gutless and shows little heart. And if that's the case, they have to take a share of blame with Ash.
it's not true bro. it's ashrafool's way to save himself by blaming others.
Old January 24, 2009, 01:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

what is a winner? A winner is a person that knows value and uses it right to benefit themselves and all others that deserve benefit. A winner is a self-made person doing a job to the best of their abilities and doing it right even when they are a volunteer or at a "low level". When earning, there are no real low levels, just a climb up the ladder, no matter how "eventful" or full of work it may be. Effort determines ultimate consequences. Consequences determine reality. Reality determines existence. Existence determines life. I end there knowing that you have the logical and in line with the universe idea that I am putting forth. When it comes to reality and fantasy. All consequences are reality, good or bad, and must be dealt with for the reality they are. Thus we are dealing with present and future, in the order I just mentioned them, present and future.

The past is just a fantasy except for the effects it has in the present on the mind acting in the present. Ultimate genuine control comes from living in the present and earning and working with values in the present. Good genuine self-control is considered winning, bad genuine self-control is considered losing, quite objectively.

(http://ezinearticles.com/?Payment-is...fit&id=1902278)

Now tell me who is to blame.
Old January 24, 2009, 02:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megh
it's not true bro. it's ashrafool's way to save himself by blaming others.
And I suppose the bowlers called you up to fill you of all people in on the details?