facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old July 1, 2008, 05:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
hey sovik,
i believe you watched the game, do you know what exactly they were doing in the field especially when they are batting. How strong is the Irish bowling that they will be bundled out for so cheap. Though Nannu is coaching them, is their something wrong with their batting approach?
Big Z and others were very dissapointing to...I bet it's the pitch....I hope BCB realizes the importance of making the pitch pace friendly.

i watched only 3day match against Ireland A. irish A bowling attack was ordinary and most of the batsman played bad shot and got out. i loved naeem's batting. he was positive and didn't play any bad shot.

All the bangladesh A players were laid back and wasn't focus. haven't seen rajin saleh smiling but most of the players were really polite. but nobody was really focused. imrul kayes was really upset because he couldn't get any runs.

all the players were picking on rubel it was funny. talked junaed and we shared couple of jokes. he didn't want to skip because he believes that skipping practice would make his a** bigger. but imrul kayes beat everyone in that practice. spent most of the time with nadeef. had a breif talk with naeem and he was really shy.

rasel wanted to bowl few more overs and wasn't really happy. but he got cold couldn't bowl more than 8 overs in second innings

during the rain break, whatever conversation i had with the players, i thought shocking. They are all good players but they still didn't take the game seriously and that would hurt them someday

Old July 1, 2008, 05:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

nz beats ire by 290 runs.. ire beats bd A by 5 wcks.. shows how poor we are in international cricket.. should get more practice from street level...
Old July 1, 2008, 05:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
i watched only 3day match against Ireland A. irish A bowling attack was ordinary and most of the batsman played bad shot and got out. i loved naeem's batting. he was positive and didn't play any bad shot.

All the bangladesh A players were laid back and wasn't focus. haven't seen rajin saleh smiling but most of the players were really polite. but nobody was really focused....

.....during the rain break, whatever conversation i had with the players, i thought shocking. They are all good players but they still didn't take the game seriously and that would hurt them someday

thank you again sovik bhai for taking the time to go the ground and talking to the boys and i thank you for your kind observation and informing us bd cricket enthusiasts about our a-team players mental focus, mindset and just in general how seriously they take their job!

i am sincerely sorry and apologising to all my fellow bc readers for previously bashing our boys and in the process bashing our culture and collective mentality! honestly, i didn't mean some of the things i said, i was just very very upset at the time and i knew soon that i didn't need to be so harsh! i realize imrul is sincerely trying and maybe he is just going through some dry patches at the moment, he will come around!

again sovik bhai, i appreciate it that you investigated and dug up all these and truly this is a major concern for the sport and for bd's future. i know it takes time, years and maybe even a few generations for a whole group of people/society to nurture an aggressive sporting mentality. in time it will come, until then i will keep my hopes up and pray for every bd cricketers!
Old July 1, 2008, 06:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
during the rain break, whatever conversation i had with the players, i thought shocking. They are all good players but they still didn't take the game seriously and that would hurt them someday
Thanks Mr. Sovik for providing your experience with our irresponsible players representing our country. I feel sick to know about their unprofessional attitudes. I hope they can get punished for this. Any videos of their unprofessional game show?
Old July 1, 2008, 06:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Not only the players but also the management who is with the team (Nannu & others) and who was behind the team before the team left BD (Shujan & Co.) should be punished as an example for the future tours.
Old July 1, 2008, 07:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
Thanks Mr. Sovik for providing your experience with our irresponsible players representing our country. I feel sick to know about their unprofessional attitudes. I hope they can get punished for this. Any videos of their unprofessional game show?
please don't go overboard. if you met them u wouldn't be this harsh. i am not saying their attitude was negative. most of the players are around 19-20. They are really good but immature. I don't think i took my life seriously when i was their age. all i wanted to see little more professionalism. They were proud to represent their country and if the weather was little better, they would have won the match.

They lost 2 matches against Ireland team, team that won against Pakistan and Bangladesh in WC07. They had problem adjusting the weather.

We have got a good young team and its up to the management to nurture. They are young and they can afford to be little careless. Its upto the management to bring balance to it.
Old July 1, 2008, 08:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

yeah it's not soley the players fault, i mean if the players aren't being professional enough the management should be having a word to them and should be trying to get them to be a bit more professional. nothing wrong with a little fun as long as the game is taken seriously, in the aussie team players are always pulling pranks on each other but when the time comes they focus and get the job done.