facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 21, 2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Seriously?! You will leave Sabbir out just after two bad Test matches?!
I would not leave him out but to give him a break and see how Musaddek performs after being dropped (unfairly).

Old February 21, 2017, 12:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
I would not leave him out but to give him a break and see how Musaddek performs after being dropped (unfairly).
Since when do we have the luxury or the need to give break to try someone new?
If Sabb fails this entire test series then we can think abt Mosadd.
Old February 21, 2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Since when do we have the luxury or the need to give break to try someone new?
If Sabb fails this entire test series then we can think abt Mosadd.
Some one new? Mosadd is rather a better test player than many others IMHO.
Old February 21, 2017, 12:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Some one new? Mosadd is rather a better test player than many others IMHO.
He can wait.
Meanwhile we hve to persist with Sabbir a bit more dont you think ?
Old February 21, 2017, 12:44 PM
Cricket Savant

As a matter of fact after Sabbir it shoukd be Nasir who already has a test 100 against Srl and international experience
Old February 21, 2017, 01:15 PM
Cricket Guru

IMO, Hathuru doing the right thing with Mosaddek - condition him thoroughly before handing him the Test debut. Regardless of what Tamim says, I think he is still lacking maturity.
Old February 21, 2017, 02:39 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Sabbir needs to improve his defense to be successfull in test
Old February 21, 2017, 09:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
I think Rubel is a very good bowler (better than Shuvasish and Rabbi), however he lacks the patience that you need in test. He tries too many things to get wickets.
Worst statement I heard whole week.

In what ways is Rubel very good bowler in test? We're talking about test format, which is different from ODI and T20.

Here is the Banglar Bradman With The Ball, test record, After 24 TEST.

Bowling averages
Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 5w 10
24 41 3834 2494 32 5/166 5/210 77.93 3.90 119.8 1 0

Still very good bowler?

Test cricket isn't any picnic. Can't be misusing and wasting a spot in the XI, in test. With an ultra mediocre, player in the wrong format.
Old February 21, 2017, 09:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Subasish Roy has just played a test, and apparently Rubel is still better despite the ultra poor test bowling record.

NZ commie, Doullie was speaking high of Subasish in the one off test match against Ind. He talked about the potentials he see's in the BD test bowling department likes of Shahid, Fizz to come in and he mentioned Subasish and Kamrul too. About Subha, he talked about how he bowled with nice shapes, control in one of the innings in NZ, and how good well built he is etc. Even in NZ during the ODI and test Subha bowled, the NZ commies Ian Smithy, Doull, were praising his bowling more!

I never heard anyone say anything nice about Rubel in test cricket - Why would they? because they are not blind like some of the Rubel fans, people can clearly see why he has an average off almost 78 at test.
Old February 21, 2017, 09:20 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I think Rubel was picked for the reverse swing. His stats do not warrant a selection in any scenario with that bradmanesque average.

In India it seemed like nobody else can reverse it in the lineup.

We are behind other teams in terms of swing, reverse swing as well as simple line and length bowlers for our test attack. It could be because of the lack of tests we play but i simply cant see us taking 20 wkts without spinners getting major assistance from the pitch.
Old February 21, 2017, 09:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Yah exactly, reverse swing is the main threat in sub-continental conditions. It took 17 years for us to realize that. None of Taskin, Subhashish, Mustafizur have capability yet to reverse swing. You need high pace for that, Taskin has that but his action is not the best for reverse swing or any swing for that matter. He can only seam. The best bet is Rubel and he is known for that. If you ask me, it is a very good decision, the only thing for him is to consistently bowl at high pace and needs to be accurate.
Old February 21, 2017, 09:30 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

What do you guys make of this interview from Mustafizur? I do not get the vibe that he is really keen on playing tests.

http://m.prothom-alo.com/sports/arti...াঞ্চ
Old February 21, 2017, 09:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Yah exactly, reverse swing is the main threat in sub-continental conditions. It took 17 years for us to realize that. None of Taskin, Subhashish, Mustafizur have capability yet to reverse swing. You need high pace for that, Taskin has that but his action is not the best for reverse swing or any swing for that matter. He can only seam. The best bet is Rubel and he is known for that. If you ask me, it is a very good decision, the only thing for him is to consistently bowl at high pace and needs to be accurate.
Taskin has so far reversed the ball more consistently than Mashrafe, Shahadat, or Rubel. Same with Mustafiz. Of course they have only played 5 games between them. Just got to cricinfo commentary. Only Pakistanis and their Indian fluff girls think Fizz got wickets with 140 kph off cutters.

The one issue with Taskin is he displays the ball very obviously during his run up, so even when he is reversing it appreciably - and he can on occaision - batsmen can read it from the top of his run up, miles away. His reverse is not lethal, but its factually incorrect to say he can't reverse is or has not yet reversed it.

Even in Hyderabad, Yadav made the ball talk in just a single spell. There is more to reverse swing than pace or action. You have to polish the ball just right, keep the shiny side dry as sand, etc.

Just look how Joe Root won't even let his team mates touch the ball when he is working on it. Also the new modern technoque is to use the cuff of the sleeve to shine it. We have Shakib and others still using their crotch. Only Tamim in Hyderabad was using the cuff.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 21, 2017, 09:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Roy maybe better than Rubel, but so is half of our women's team. Roy has serious issues with his follow through. Fizz, taskin, Rabbi it will be. Even Rabbi is useless in subcontinent conditions. Shahid or Ebadat would be ideal.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 21, 2017, 10:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz

My X11
Tamim
Sarkar
Mominul
Musfiq
Liton
Sakib
Sabbir
Miraz
Taskin
Fizz
Rabbi or rubel
Old February 21, 2017, 10:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz

Riad really need to seats .. so he can play only odi and t20... liton should keep, so whatever chances we will get, must use it. Musfiq selfishness need be to cut it off here.. this is a prime opportunity to make a statement front of the world and to our self... really need to use the brain and cricketing knowledge in srilanka... srilanka is the new comers team, little pressure on them players like sakib, tamim and musfiq... will make the difference... ar trump card mustafiz to asei
Old February 21, 2017, 10:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Taskin has so far reversed the ball more consistently than Mashrafe, Shahadat, or Rubel. Same with Mustafiz. Of course they have only played 5 games between them. Just got to cricinfo commentary. Only Pakistanis and their Indian fluff girls think Fizz got wickets with 140 kph off cutters.

The one issue with Taskin is he displays the ball very obviously during his run up, so even when he is reversing it appreciably - and he can on occaision - batsmen can read it from the top of his run up, miles away. His reverse is not lethal, but its factually incorrect to say he can't reverse is or has not yet reversed it.

Even in Hyderabad, Yadav made the ball talk in just a single spell. There is more to reverse swing than pace or action. You have to polish the ball just right, keep the shiny side dry as sand, etc.

Just look how Joe Root won't even let his team mates touch the ball when he is working on it. Also the new modern technoque is to use the cuff of the sleeve to shine it. We have Shakib and others still using their crotch. Only Tamim in Hyderabad was using the cuff.
I agree with some of what you said, I stand corrected. Taskin did reverse it in Hydrabad, but it was quite minimal, and the swing wasn't as prominent. Atleast for me watching it I didn't see it move as much as Yadav made it swing. But again, you brought up another good point, Joe Root and Kohli each and maybe more were actually working on the ball from 10th over. This comes with knowledge about the game and the ball, I feel Bangladesh seriously needs to work on this or be left behind. I only saw Tamim working on the ball for a bit, and later he didn't do much. Also another thing I remember is when they got the 2nd new ball in the Indian innings, Taskin asked in the 82nd over, if he can ball with the old ball. The mic picked that up, what that tells me is Taskin was asking for the old ball to try atleast to reverse it, and Mushfique wasn't allowing it. This probably isn't even Mushfique's fault because if he wants to test reverse swing he should start from the 40th over, bowl in short bursts. Obviously the other factor is Mushy doesn't trust his bowlers with reverse swing yet, cause we are not good or still very new to the concept. It has to change if we are to be of any effect overseas where all the teams rely on it. There is no alternative to reverse swing, you need to bowl it and the other problem with our batsmen is we can't play it. So, we need to learn both, because as Yadav, Ishant, Neil Wagner, Ben Stokes have shown us repeatedly is that we can't play this for shait.
Old February 21, 2017, 11:16 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

I have a question.. Why isnt Sabbir playing this rounds BCL? Mominul, Soumya, Liton, Mosaddek all are playing this round despite being on the team for the trip to India. I cant imagine selectors or coaches wanting to rest him as he is no seamer.

Poor dedication shown by Sabbir who is not set in the format yet and still skipping a chance for a match practice. Great to see Mominul, Soumya still working hard
Old February 21, 2017, 11:36 PM
Cricket Guru

^
Good question, who knows if he's off shooting more commercials
Old February 22, 2017, 02:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
I have a question.. Why isnt Sabbir playing this rounds BCL? Mominul, Soumya, Liton, Mosaddek all are playing this round despite being on the team for the trip to India. I cant imagine selectors or coaches wanting to rest him as he is no seamer.

Poor dedication shown by Sabbir who is not set in the format yet and still skipping a chance for a match practice. Great to see Mominul, Soumya still working hard
I have zero respect for players who lack dedication. As I said earlier, shabbir thinks he's some ATG already and thus zero dedication. There is no reason he shouldnt be playing BCL. He should be dropped with immediate effect. I dont care if he scores a century against Lanka. Freaking overhyped player with no temperament and skill to play tests. Heck Kamrul's technique is better than him (no joke).
Old February 22, 2017, 02:45 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
I have zero respect for players who lack dedication. As I said earlier, shabbir thinks he's some ATG already and thus zero dedication. There is no reason he shouldnt be playing BCL. He should be dropped with immediate effect. I dont care if he scores a century against Lanka. Freaking overhyped player with no temperament and skill to play tests. Heck Kamrul's technique is better than him (no joke).
Completely agree with the last part. He doesnt have the defense technique to be a test batsman. I am seriously in doubt with Hathuru's credibility.
Old February 22, 2017, 03:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
I agree with some of what you said, I stand corrected. Taskin did reverse it in Hydrabad, but it was quite minimal, and the swing wasn't as prominent. Atleast for me watching it I didn't see it move as much as Yadav made it swing. But again, you brought up another good point, Joe Root and Kohli each and maybe more were actually working on the ball from 10th over. This comes with knowledge about the game and the ball, I feel Bangladesh seriously needs to work on this or be left behind. I only saw Tamim working on the ball for a bit, and later he didn't do much. Also another thing I remember is when they got the 2nd new ball in the Indian innings, Taskin asked in the 82nd over, if he can ball with the old ball. The mic picked that up, what that tells me is Taskin was asking for the old ball to try atleast to reverse it, and Mushfique wasn't allowing it. This probably isn't even Mushfique's fault because if he wants to test reverse swing he should start from the 40th over, bowl in short bursts. Obviously the other factor is Mushy doesn't trust his bowlers with reverse swing yet, cause we are not good or still very new to the concept. It has to change if we are to be of any effect overseas where all the teams rely on it. There is no alternative to reverse swing, you need to bowl it and the other problem with our batsmen is we can't play it. So, we need to learn both, because as Yadav, Ishant, Neil Wagner, Ben Stokes have shown us repeatedly is that we can't play this for shait.
Yes very good point about the new ball. Most ar chair experts would have missed it.

I noticed that as well but did not realise the signficance.

Mushy can always be beard consulting others (Shakib and Tamim at least) about field placement. I dont think he as clueless a captain as he is made out to be. Sure he gets some boaling changes or tactical things wrong...but generally he's not much worse than an Angelo Matthews. He's no Brendon McCullum, mind you. You can always hear Mushy's rationale "na, shey udige martesena...oikhane dey". Sure it might be the wrong set, but its not
Predetermined or formulaic.

Its also good to see Taskin voice his opinion to his captain.

Bottom line, we play an average of 4 Tests a year and often go 10, 12, 15 months with no Tests. On top of that our seamers are Al Amin, Rubel, Shahadat, and Shafiul. Thats like a who's who of net bowlers. Our fielders dont even know how to shine the ball. When you are not playing Test cricket, you are also not watching Joe Root shine the ball. How did Tamim learn it....from watching Root of course!

As we play more tests, and actually have pacers with some skills (Mustafiz and Taskin) our field placememts will gradually improve, our slip catching will improve, and our reverse swing will improve.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 22, 2017, 03:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Yes very good point about the new ball. Most ar chair experts would have missed it.

I noticed that as well but did not realise the signficance.

Mushy can always be beard consulting others (Shakib and Tamim at least) about field placement. I dont think he as clueless a captain as he is made out to be. Sure he gets some boaling changes or tactical things wrong...but generally he's not much worse than an Angelo Matthews. He's no Brendon McCullum, mind you. You can always hear Mushy's rationale "na, shey udige martesena...oikhane dey". Sure it might be the wrong set, but its not
Predetermined or formulaic.

Its also good to see Taskin voice his opinion to his captain.

Bottom line, we play an average of 4 Tests a year and often go 10, 12, 15 months with no Tests. On top of that our seamers are Al Amin, Rubel, Shahadat, and Shafiul. Thats like a who's who of net bowlers. Our fielders dont even know how to shine the ball. When you are not playing Test cricket, you are also not watching Joe Root shine the ball. How did Tamim learn it....from watching Root of course!

As we play more tests, and actually have pacers with some skills (Mustafiz and Taskin) our field placememts will gradually improve, our slip catching will improve, and our reverse swing will improve.
Yah exactly, I watched Tamim closely in this test and he was in mid on and mid off using his cuff to shine the ball, and he started very early, I believe from the 10th over. That was actually very good to see, because if they take care of the ball, and the others take care of it too then it becomes in the prime state for reverse swing. There are other factors like not spitting on the rough side, English players if you looked closely didn't even touch the rough side in the test series against Bangladesh. There were atleast 3/4 players working on the ball right after the initial overs, basically the faster they brought in reverse swing in the game they felt they increased their chances of winning the test match. They calculated that BD is going to score runs between overs 10-40 and they didn't care, they were all waiting for reverse swing to kick in. And that's what exactly happened in the first test match, they won the bloody test match with only reverse swing, it was just experience and clever strategy from England. We are learning but I am not sure how fast, at international level you need to learn very fast.

I still dont believe Mushfique will be the captain in 2/3 years. I think he can't keep all his positions, but what I do agree with his supporters that he has improved. He used to be defensive, he used to spread the field like no tomorrow before, he doesn't do that. He has grown more patience, but overall he is still an average or below average captain. It would have been ok if we were a number 1 or number 2 team, but we need a captain like Mashrafe in Captain who will push the team to perform better, Mushfique is just not that guy, that's what I believe. And yes, does not matter if we win the test series against SL. In 2013, we drew a test in SL, we drew the ODI series as well, we were already competing with SL in 2013, 4 years later I atleast expect to draw the Test series and win the ODI series or some changes have to be brought in. We lost 8-0 to NZ, and yes we are showing improvements but this is still not enough. We need to do more.

Going back to reverse swing, I know Rubel's average is close to 80 and he has been really s***tty in tests, but I still believe he has it in him to succeed, I still feel he hasn't yet given the best he could. What is Walsh doing anyways? Why hasn't our bowling coach asked our bowlers to bowl reverse swing more and really take control of line and length. He is a coach isn't he? I am yet to see results from our esteemed bowling coach really, it won't be easy to take 20 wickets in Sri Lanka if we wait for things to happen. Compare the pitch map of the Bangladeshi bowlers against Indian/NZ bowlers, we were consistently spraying our length. There was NO BALL ON THE FULLER SIDE. The pitch map shows it, in the first innings bangladeshi bowlers were all over the place, the only ball that was full from Taskin gained him a wicket. Yet, he didn't follow it up with any more fuller balls. I believe if your bowlers are doing these things it is the job of the coach to correct the bowlers, in Streak's era I remember Taskin bowling all 6 balls in the block hole, in perfect yorker lengths. It was T20s but still, you get the point, he had the control and match awareness. In Walsh's era our bowlers are seriously regressing.And I strongly with you on one point, why is Taskin showing the ball? I just don't get it. It is class 1 schoolboy type error. You need to hide the ball when it is reversing, atleast it puts a doubt in the batsman's mind.

Btw, just want to add in the fact that if we can't win a test match with Mustafizur, Taskin, Miraz and Shakib with possibly Rubel/Taijul then I don't know when we will. This is our best bowling attack, EVER, no question about that.
Old February 22, 2017, 10:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Tamim has a poor test record against Sri Lanka. We could do with Ashraful: the guy has 5 test centuries against them. My test XI will be: Tamim, Sarker, Mominul, Mahmudullah, Shakib, Mushfiqur, Sabbir, Mehedi, Roy, Taskin and Fizz. If it is a spinning pitch then I will swap Roy for Taijul. Realistically, it will actually be a tough assignment for Bangladesh to beat Sri Lanka in this test series. Also, I prefer if Mushfiqur gives up the gloves, so we can bring in Liton. Mushfiqur's keeping has actually regressed. I personally think Mahmudullah should quit tests, so we can accommodate a few of the newer players: his average is so poor despite scoring a recent 50.