facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 3, 2023, 09:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Rumor is that Papon is so taken by Hridoy that he will be included in the T20I squad from the England series. With Yasir losing his BCB contract, I guess this was the card either way.

With LKD and Shanto solidifying their claims for opening spots, question still remains - who will be the backup opener? Will Soumya get another opportunity to reunite with Hathuru or will selectors dare to move forward with a new option like Zakir? I guess it's safe to rule out Bijoy (unless he does something extraordinary in upcoming matches) given how much Hathuru dislikes him.

There is a possibility that LKD, Shak, and Fizz will skip Ireland series to play in IPL. If that happens, selection will open up even more.
The Ireland series is a chance for the team management to see a few things with the openers and other positions. Now the question is, will they be able to use it properly?

Old February 4, 2023, 10:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Shanto wasting the powerplay today costing his team the match. This will be also a risk for Bangladesh team with him as an opener.
Old February 4, 2023, 11:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Shanto wasting the powerplay today costing his team the match. This will be also a risk for Bangladesh team with him as an opener.
This is a real issue with him. He did the same in the India game.
Old February 4, 2023, 11:46 AM
Test Cricketer

The pitches had been really good (Mirpur, comparing to other editions)and many batters this time around are scoring at a strike rate over 120. So Shanto’s strike rate has been a little underwhelming.
Old February 4, 2023, 04:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Rony Talukder and Towhid Hridoy should open the batting for BD in T20 going forward, and need to be given consistent run. Lord Soumya and Anamuls and others were given enough chances without anything good in return.

I would also like to see Mritunjoy brought up to the national squad. If he can master the swing can be quite deadly at his bowling speed.
Old February 5, 2023, 03:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Yeh Rony should have been persisted years ago, only played one t20 and then was dropped forever while we give chances after chances to Soumya etc
Old February 7, 2023, 01:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

In this bpl.. Camilla Victorians have a solid quality team. Probably can compete with any other t20 team elsewhere in the world .
Old February 7, 2023, 02:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
In this bpl.. Camilla Victorians have a solid quality team. Probably can compete with any other t20 team elsewhere in the world .
They would be IF they had Fortune Barisal pace attack.
Old February 8, 2023, 03:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Sylhet won't be much without Imad and Amir. I am expecting to see another Barishal vs Comilla final this year.
Old February 9, 2023, 05:30 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

I havent seen much of this year's BPL but looking at the stats nasir is number 3 in runs scored and number 1 in wickets taken..has he been this good? or stats are hiding real play?
Old February 9, 2023, 06:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

BPL will mostly be a poor barometer for judging players mainly because of the pitches, no DRS, and overall quality of poor domestic bowlers.
Old February 9, 2023, 04:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
I havent seen much of this year's BPL but looking at the stats nasir is number 3 in runs scored and number 1 in wickets taken..has he been this good? or stats are hiding real play?
Except for the last few rounds (from Feb 7) on an overused and degraded Mirpur pitch, I would say this is the best DPL to date. Most of the matches were played on batting friendly pitches, as they should have been. We have seen good contest between batters and pacers here. Unlike other editions of BPL, or other BD domestic leagues, low skilled SLAs or offies have not made much of an impact. That said, quality spinners are definitely lacking in the league, which was masked by poor quality pitches in previous editions.

Nasir has been an anamoly, but if you look at other table toppers - they are all quality players (in our standard). There is no one season wonder like Munim Shahriar or Abu Hider this time. The emerging player of the league, Towhid Hridoy has been long time coming. Even before BPL, anyone that followed the HP/Bangla Tigers camp last summer would know Hridoy evolved a lot and very close to be ready for an international debut.
Old February 10, 2023, 09:59 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Except for the last few rounds (from Feb 7) on an overused and degraded Mirpur pitch, I would say this is the best DPL to date. Most of the matches were played on batting friendly pitches, as they should have been. We have seen good contest between batters and pacers here. Unlike other editions of BPL, or other BD domestic leagues, low skilled SLAs or offies have not made much of an impact. That said, quality spinners are definitely lacking in the league, which was masked by poor quality pitches in previous editions.

Nasir has been an anamoly, but if you look at other table toppers - they are all quality players (in our standard). There is no one season wonder like Munim Shahriar or Abu Hider this time. The emerging player of the league, Towhid Hridoy has been long time coming. Even before BPL, anyone that followed the HP/Bangla Tigers camp last summer would know Hridoy evolved a lot and very close to be ready for an international debut.
So is Nasir ready for a call up? Or we ignore the anamoly..That's one hell of an allround performance
Old February 10, 2023, 03:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
So is Nasir ready for a call up? Or we ignore the anamoly..That's one hell of an allround performance
I am opposed to take an one league wonder in the T20I team. Even Munim Shahriar came in the team last year after continued good performance in both DPL and BPL.

Secondly, he played safe for personal stats most of the time, for losing cause, even though he's the team captain. For a finisher, SR 120 is not really fitting, not in this BPL. If we're desperately looking for a #7, to replace Mosaddek or Nurul, imo, Shuvagata or Ziaur is more deserving, based on current BPL.

Third point - Nasir's real age is more likely 34. Unlike many other senior cricketers, he has not been best at maintaining his fitness. He may be still fit enough for T20, but I would like to observe him till next BPL.
Old February 11, 2023, 09:59 AM
Test Cricketer

One thing for certain there are definitely better players than Soumya, Shabbir, Mossadek, Nurul, Naim, Anamul.
Old February 12, 2023, 09:26 AM
Cricket Legend

who is the coach and in managment for Comilla victorians. I am so impressed by their selection and plans.
Old February 12, 2023, 09:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
who is the coach and in managment for Comilla victorians. I am so impressed by their selection and plans.
For Victorians -

Captain: Imrul Kayes (won both DPL and BPL titles last year)
Coach: Mohammad Salahuddin (Coach of Shakib, Tamim, Mushfiq, etc since their teenage years)
Managing Director: Nafisa Kamal (Daughter of BD Finance Minister Lotus Kamal)

This BPL is another indication that time of the Fab5 is coming to an end sooner than later. Shakib, Tamim, Mahmudullah are already out of the tournament, looks like Mash and Mushfiq are on their way out too (though they will get another chance in Qualifier 2 against Rangpur).
Old February 12, 2023, 10:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Rangpur looks stacked now. They can easily beat CV.
Old February 12, 2023, 10:44 AM
Cricket Guru

What an idiot Mushfiq is! The bowler or Shanto could have easily taken that catch, yet he ran all the way from the other end of the wicket, and then floored the catch from Andre Russel!!

I can't believe this idiot was once the captain of Bangladesh team...
Old February 12, 2023, 11:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
Rangpur looks stacked now. They can easily beat CV.
not too sure about easily they have the potential. But My money is on CV evenoguht with departure of Rizwan opering pair is a bit erratic and a loss of quick wickdet can easily mess things up. But i really liked the liton - rizwan combination... they allowed the middle and lower to play so freely...
Old February 12, 2023, 11:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
What an idiot Mushfiq is! The bowler or Shanto could have easily taken that catch, yet he ran all the way from the other end of the wicket, and then floored the catch from Andre Russel!!

I can't believe this idiot was once the captain of Bangladesh team...
agreed. dark days of bangladesh. He lost us so many games from jaws of victory.
Old February 12, 2023, 03:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Shakib pissed off Barishal FB page admin. The post was removed later.

Besides the batting order fiasco, Barishal coach Fahim also pointed out that Shakib didn't rotate his bowlers well, and bowled out his own overs early. ACSU should investigate this match for fixing.

Old February 12, 2023, 10:01 PM
Cricket Legend

^ LOL, how unprofessional is this? lmao ...

BPL is a third-class league and it shows. It keeps on showing every single year. Usually, at one point, you get better, not BPL!
Old February 13, 2023, 11:29 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
^ LOL, how unprofessional is this? lmao ...

BPL is a third-class league and it shows. It keeps on showing every single year. Usually, at one point, you get better, not BPL!
The worst part is when Mushfiq tries to throw ball at another player. This year Sohan yelling at bowlers for giving bad balls etc. I mean dude this is T20, bowlers are going to get hit lol.
Old February 13, 2023, 12:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Sam Billings is on the way to join Rangpur, against Sylhet.

On the other hand, Shakib benefited from Barishal's early exit - he now will join Peshwar Zalmi in PSL, for two weeks, under captaincy of Babar.