facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 2, 2013, 10:06 AM
MLC World Series I

Compose music. You could be the next Jimi Hendrix.

Old April 2, 2013, 11:14 AM
Banned

Sorry Zeeshan Bhaia for my last two posts. Anyway, if you feel you really need psychiatric help, I will suggest you to contact your doctor and see immediately a psychiatrist. He may recommend you accordingly. By the way, try to be busy with something you like.....
Old April 2, 2013, 12:05 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Zeeshan bhai er kuno khobor nai....am worried!
Old April 2, 2013, 12:59 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Guys, chill out. He's just seeking attention. Stop feeling sorry for him.
Old April 2, 2013, 08:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Zeeshan - I am proud of the fact that I saw a kinder gentler you this year - keep it up man! Sent an PM to you regarding that - so keep on truckin.
Old April 3, 2013, 05:40 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Zeeshan bhai please come back. Why are you depressed without GF? People get depressed after they have GF? There are people far worse situation then us.
Old April 3, 2013, 06:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
Help the needy with the skills you developed so far, if you haven't yet, focus on that,
donate blood regularly if possible contact with a Thalassemia patient.
Share the burden with the oppressed,
they will eat your depression
you would love to smell your socks because you will know that some people's body smell worst than that.

But the next thing i expect from you is to open a thread that will seriously make us laugh...
Thanks. This post really cheered me up. You are a good man.
Old April 3, 2013, 06:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Sorry Zee, I don't see much hope for you. Didn't you know the rest of us BC'ites are actually under cover famous celebrities with uncountable riches, extremely good looks and six packs. We all travel with body guards and entourages, and are so busy having fun 24/7 that we never have time to get depressed, frustrated or even annoyed. We're so intelligent we can write articles like yours in our sleep and we're so funny we make Seinfeld look like a novice. Now that you've been exposed, I think you'll have a really tough time fitting in with this elite group.
Old April 3, 2013, 11:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Sorry Zee, I don't see much hope for you. Didn't you know the rest of us BC'ites are actually under cover famous celebrities with uncountable riches, extremely good looks and six packs. We all travel with body guards and entourages, and are so busy having fun 24/7 that we never have time to get depressed, frustrated or even annoyed. We're so intelligent we can write articles like yours in our sleep and we're so funny we make Seinfeld look like a novice. Now that you've been exposed, I think you'll have a really tough time fitting in with this elite group.
Thanks so much for the kind words; not-worthy of them.
Old April 4, 2013, 01:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah

Stop posting pseudo-intellectual, pretentious, post-modernist, hipster thread every few days. (!! Important !!)
Why?..........
Old April 4, 2013, 02:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Why?..........
To perhaps help you with your depression by not being in a constant need for validation.
Old April 4, 2013, 03:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
To perhaps help you with your depression by not being in a constant need for validation.
wtf....so opening threads has need for validation? whats wrong with you.
Old April 4, 2013, 03:15 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
wtf....so opening threads has need for validation? whats wrong with you.
Nothing wrong with opening thread.

Averaging 1 trying-to-be-witty-thread a day, seems like trying too hard.

But that's just me. I am sure most others don't mind and probably even enjoy it.

Carry on, then.
Old April 4, 2013, 03:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Nothing wrong with opening thread.

Averaging 1 trying-to-be-witty-thread a day, seems like trying too hard.

But that's just me. I am sure most others don't mind and probably even enjoy it.

Carry on, then.
You seem to take internet image very seriously. I do this for kicks not for living.
Old April 4, 2013, 05:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
You seem to take internet image very seriously. I do this for kicks not for living.
ok then what you do for living?
Old April 4, 2013, 05:28 PM
Cricket Legend

I know I probably made you upset with that comment but if you really believe in what you said, my internet comment shouldn't bother you! ha!!

But when it comes to depression, I agree with blah. Brother knows a lot about depression.
Old April 4, 2013, 07:40 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Lol iDumb.

I just feel for the newbies who got all sad over this.
Old April 5, 2013, 07:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
On a serious note. I did give my advice with sincerity. I have been there and done that (with depression) and I am sure most people had highs and lows in their life. A cousin of mine tried to commit suicide last year, I took it personally to try to help him snap out of it. Its still a work in progress and he is a difficult case because his problem is that he has no problem; meaning a rich kid with too much time and nothing better to do. I am trying to make him understand that you can't complain about not doing anything with your life when you never tried to do anything with your life. Its a toughie, because people like him honestly believe that the world owes him something and that he shouldn't have to work hard for it. Anyways, just to be clear I am not suggesting you are that type of person; just giving you an example.

I think the most difficult things in life are quite simple. If you are not happy with your life, whatever you are currently doing is obviously not helping. So you have to change. The problem is change is difficult and everyone is afraid of change because its outside of their comfort zone.

So when I suggested to lay off the pot. I suggested it not because I have anything against smoking pot, or hold any judgement on anyone who smokes pot. But because if you are trying to make drastic change in your life, smoking pot is the last thing you should be doing. It makes you lazy. Simple as that.

I also suggested to turn off from the internet because, depending on how compulsively obsessive you are on internet usage, it will also make you lazy and kill time like there is no tomorrow. 3-4 times a year I take mini vacations from the internet, like 1-2 weeks vacation. It made huge change in my obsessive internet consumption nature. But ofcourse I go back to my old self and another internet vacation resets it.

Depending on how you use internet, it also gives you a false sense of being smart or knowing something without actually having deeper understanding on the subject. It gives you sense that you are being productive, when you are actually not.

tl;dr : Stop f*cking around. You only live once. Spend your time wisely.

Also this:

Old April 5, 2013, 09:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

^^
Quote:
I think the most difficult things in life are quite simple. If you are not happy with your life, whatever you are currently doing is obviously not helping. So you have to change. The problem is change is difficult and everyone is afraid of change because its outside of their comfort zone.
I believe this is the most important thing and the main issue of being depressed in a nutshell.

I think most of us understand during depression that we have to change the course of our life.
But this afraid of being out of the comfort zone as you mentioned hold us back...
If you love this world too much and not having quality time or there is a lack of love in your life in this world is one of the most common reasons to feel low..

Actually here comes the true understanding and belief of resurrection(judgement day) and purpose of this life.
Don't want to discuss anything more than that because now it is individual's choice ..
Old April 6, 2013, 02:46 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

I am depressed.
Old April 6, 2013, 06:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

i'm on depressants.
Old April 7, 2013, 10:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
I am depressed.
whats going on man? already missing london before even leaving? I think it's normal to have feelings of sadness before any major changes in life...

I think I suffer from some sort of subclinical depression too. And the treatment I take is frequenting red light districts without catching a bug....
Old April 19, 2013, 10:02 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Genuinely depressed
Old April 19, 2013, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

^ And this time there's no cheering up.
Old April 20, 2013, 09:05 AM
Forever Bangy

I think some people get First World Problems and depression confused. Actual clinical depression is heartbreaking to see. Nobody else noticed that Blah YOLOd? He's right although he was being overly condescending about it. The elderly, I think, have the right to be depressed.