facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 3, 2010, 04:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Bravo LALA,joy ho LALA,carry on LALALALALA.
Actually he told th press last time that he was very disppointed that after taking 4 wckts BD still lost the game so this time he went for a 5.

Old December 3, 2010, 04:40 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

1st ever? You mean his 1st ever?

Ya congrats. But why does he look so nervous all the time?
Old December 3, 2010, 04:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Would you believe it. His form in NCL was so indifferent and here he is almost unplayable. Loved the hattrick delivery. Flighted and full instead of speared in as it would by the old Razzak
I've heard that Razzak is moving to Monaco because its a tax haven. His property tax is astronomical because he owns Zimbabwe.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 3, 2010, 04:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Lala the Great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old December 3, 2010, 05:13 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Old December 3, 2010, 05:16 AM
2019 WC Ranking Predictor Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sachin,Klusener

Razzaq is the first spinner to take HAT TRICK in an ODI
BRAVO LALA
Old December 3, 2010, 05:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

hat-off to the man !!
Old December 3, 2010, 06:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awla
Razzaq is the first spinner to take HAT TRICK in an ODI
BRAVO LALA
i think saqlain mushtaq was the first spinner to get a hat trick in an ODI
Old December 3, 2010, 06:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Ooooh yess. Sign-ed-e
Old December 3, 2010, 07:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

before bowling the Hattrick delivery rajjak was having a long chat with moni, when the new batter was coming in. ppl may have missed due to ads on tv. we saw it on stadium. perhaps raj was saying "moni bhai, onek bhul out disen, ajke eita jodi plumb hoy, plz diye diyen"
Old December 3, 2010, 07:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib

Btw he is the 1st left hand spinner to take a hattrick in odi
Old December 3, 2010, 07:54 AM

Congrats indeed. Missed watching the match today altogether.
Old December 3, 2010, 08:31 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Well done Razzak. As long as we don't play him against Australia or England, he has lot to give to Bangladesh Cricket.
Old December 3, 2010, 08:54 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

রাজ্জাকের হ্যাটট্রিক

২০০৬ সালে জিম্বাবুয়ের বিপক্ষে বাংলাদেশের প্রথম বোলার হিসেবে ওয়ানডেতে হ্যাটট্রিক করার বিরল কৃতিত্ব অর্জন করেছিলেন শাহাদাত হোসেন। এবার সেই জিম্বাবুয়ের বিপক্ষেই বাংলাদেশের দ্বিতীয় বোলার হিসেবে ওয়ানডেতে হ্যাটট্রিক করে রেকর্ড বুকে নাম লেখালেন আবদুর রাজ্জাক।
দ্বিতীয় ওয়ানডেতে প্রথম থেকেই জিম্বাবুয়ের ব্যাটসম্যানদের চাপের মুখে রেখেছিলেন রাজ্জাক। তুলে নিয়েছিলেন জিম্বাবুয়ের দুই গুরুত্বপূর্ণ ব্যাটসম্যান রেগিস চাকাভা আর টাটেন্ডো টাইবুর উইকেট। দ্বিতীয় স্পেলে বল করতে এসে গড়লেন সেই অভিনব রেকর্ড। জিম্বাবুয়ের ইনিংসের ৪৫তম ওভারের শেষ বলে ফিরিয়েছিলেন প্রসপার উেসয়াকে। পরের ওভারে বল করতে এসে প্রথম দুই বলেই রেমন্ড প্রাইস আর ক্রিস প্রোফুকে এলবিডব্লিউর ফাঁদে ফেলে হ্যাটট্রিক পূর্ণ করেন এই বাঁ-হাতি অফস্পিনার।
রাজ্জাকের আগে একদিনের ক্রিকেটের ৪০ বছরের ইতিহাসে হ্যাটট্রিক করার গৌরব অর্জন করেছিলেন মাত্র ২১ জন বোলার। আর এর আগে এই কীর্তি একদিনের ক্রিকেটে হয়েছে মাত্র ২৬ বার। ২০০৩ সালে পাকিস্তানের বিপক্ষে টেস্ট ক্রিকেটে বাংলাদেশের একমাত্র বোলার হিসেবে হ্যাটট্রিক করেছেন অলোক কাপালি।— ক্রিকইনফো
ওয়ানডেতে হ্যাটট্রিক করা বোলারদের তালিকা
১. জালাল উদ্দিন (পাকিস্তান, ১৯৮২)
২. ব্রুস রেইড (অস্ট্রেলিয়া, ১৯৮৬)
৩. চেতন শর্মা (ভারত, ১৯৮৭)
৪. ওয়াসিম আকরাম (পাকিস্তান, ১৯৮৯)
৫. ওয়াসিম আকরাম (পাকিস্তান, ১৯৯০)
৬. কপিল দেব (ভারত, ১৯৯১)
৭. আকিব জাভেদ (পাকিস্তান, ১৯৯১)
৮. ড্যানি মরিসন (নিউজিল্যান্ড, ১৯৯৪)
৯. ওয়াকার ইউনুস (পাকিস্তান, ১৯৯৪)
১০. সাকলায়েন মুশতাক (পাকিস্তান, ১৯৯৬)
১১. এডো ব্রান্ডেস (জিম্বাবুয়ে, ১৯৯৭)
১২. এন্থনি স্টুয়ার্ট (অস্ট্রেলিয়া, ১৯৯৭)
১৩. সাকলায়েন মুশতাক (পাকিস্তান, ১৯৯৯)
১৪. চামিন্ডা ভাস (শ্রীলঙ্কা, ২০০১)
১৫. মোহাম্মদ সামি (পাকিস্তান, ২০০২)
১৬. চামিন্ডা ভাস (শ্রীলঙ্কা, ২০০৩)
১৭. ব্রেট লি (অস্ট্রেলিয়া, ২০০৩)
১৮. জেমস অ্যান্ডারসন (ইংল্যান্ড, ২০০৩)
১৯. স্টিভ হার্মিসন (ইংল্যান্ড, ২০০৪)
২০. চার্ল ল্যাঙ্গেভেট (দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকা, ২০০৫)
২১. শাহাদাত হোসেন (বাংলাদেশ, ২০০৬)
২২. জেরম টেলর (ওয়েস্ট ইন্ডিজ, ২০০৬)
২৩. শেন বন্ড (নিউজিল্যান্ড, ২০০৭)
২৪. লাসিথ মালিঙ্গা (শ্রীলঙ্কা, ২০০৭)
২৫. অ্যান্ড্রু ফ্লিনটফ (ইংল্যান্ড, ২০০৯)
২৬. পারভেজ মাহারুফ (শ্রীলঙ্কা, ২০১০)
২৭. আবদুর রাজ্জাক (বাংলাদেশ, ২০১০)

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...03/news/113059
Old December 3, 2010, 09:07 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mortaza,Kapali,Tendulkar.

Congratz razzak well done, he's a good bowler in ODI and TWENTY20 but he shouldnt be in the TEST team though, his not good in TEST...

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old December 3, 2010, 10:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib and Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
before bowling the Hattrick delivery rajjak was having a long chat with moni, when the new batter was coming in. ppl may have missed due to ads on tv. we saw it on stadium. perhaps raj was saying "moni bhai, onek bhul out disen, ajke eita jodi plumb hoy, plz diye diyen"

no, we saw that on TV as well....and I was saying the same thing here.....also, moni briefly took away the ball from razzak at that time....and I was saying, Moni must be saying ..... dey ball ta amare dey..... suura poira fu dia dei.....
Old December 3, 2010, 11:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Utseya...First batsman to be part of TWO hattricks! Furthermore, both by same team!
Old December 3, 2010, 11:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

good to see razzak back in form. well done. proud of you.
Old December 3, 2010, 11:28 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Although Mpofu's was plumb, Enamul Haque took a while to give the decision. Any other time, he might not have given it for his well-known anti-BD bias in umpiring. However, he might have felt that his life in Dhaka might become miserable if he did not give this one. মানুষ ঢাকা ছাড়া করে দিতে পারে! Anyway, congrats. It was well deserved. He is attacking a lot more, while being economical. I guess he is finally truly comfortable with his new action.
Old December 3, 2010, 01:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Yes, Big congrats to lala for the hat trick. He is also climbing the all time wkt takers list in one dayers and approaching the 200 wkt mark. When he first showed up against SL in that Asia Cup, with a visible tendency to chuck, I thought we got yet another short time fix in the team who will be out of the team and to oblivion in no time. But, he has changed his delivery since then as mandated, and has been a good steady performer in the one day game. BTW, if Zim is that desired woman, she certainly has two guys madly in love with her in Lalla and S Nafis : )
Old December 3, 2010, 01:13 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=164644
Quote:
Probably the expectation of fending off the hattrick ball got to Christopher Mpofu. The tall strapping paceman from the small town of Plumtree in southern Zimbabwe looked ill at ease wearing pads and helmet as he traipsed to the middle. The noise at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium was a deafening cacophony as skipper Shakib Al Hasan moved Junaed Siddiqui to first slip and Rokibul Hasan under the helmet at silly mid-off. The No 11 took strike, unusually wearing bowling boots rather than the half-spiked options for the batsmen.

Prosper Utseya and Ray Price with Keegan Meth in between had just fallen in the space of eight deliveries late in the Zimbabwe innings. Shakib Al Hasan took one and Abdur Razzak grabbed two in consecutive deliveries -- Utseya skied one to Naeem Islam at long-off, a typical slog over dismissal, and off the first delivery of the 47th over, Price was found in front of the stumps for a first-ball duck.

Razzak, unlike Mpofu, looked confident without going over the top and took an extra second to think about the delivery. Most bowlers get into this situation to only mess it up with an overenthusiastic attempted yorker that usually gets defended or left well alone. Razzak trotted in, fired it through and though not the best yorker, it was full enough to beat Mpofu's best efforts to defend the ball. In his own words, Razzak revealed his plan for the hattrick ball saying, "It was almost what I wanted to do. I tried to hit the stumps but I was happy with the leg-before nonetheless."

The fateful ball hit low on the front pad, the batsman's leg-stump in full view of the umpire and within a moment that saw the raised finger, Razzak joined Pakistan's Saqlain Mushtaq as only the second spinner to take a hattrick in one-day international cricket.

"I am very, very happy. I think I should be extremely happy," he said, several hours after the achievement. He also became the second Bangladeshi to take an ODI hattrick (after Shahadat Hossain) and the third overall (taking Alok Kapali's Test hattrick into account).

He was probably aware of the Bangladeshi side of the feat but only learned of the real significance of his effort from the media. "I knew about all this after the match," admitted Razzak about joining Saqlain's exclusive club.

"I heard it from you guys later on about what I did. When I was out in the middle, I didn't know anything about these records."

Though he joked at the post-match press meet that he would dedicate his feat to the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium (51 wickets from 29 games), it is Mohammad Salahuddin to whom Razzak owes a lot.

"I am grateful to Salahuddin bhai. He has always backed me with small technical stuff but more importantly, he believed in me. He knows me for a long time, since I was a teenager actually so I am indebted to him," said Razzak.

For the record, Razzak also joined Bruce Reid, Wasim Akram and Chaminda Vaas, as the fourth left-arm bowler to take an ODI hattrick. If not a genius like the Pakistani, the best Razzak can do is replicate the prolific Lankan and to be safe, avoid the beanpole Aussie's fate.

The hattrick usually is the pinnacle of a bowler's career while for a few it could become a starting point, especially ahead of an important phase in their career. Definitely the latter is true for Razzak who had a terrible first half of 2010 taking only eleven wickets from 14 matches. Against New Zealand last month, he was slowly coming back to form with five wickets and now against Zimbabwe, he has already taken nine in two games.

The left-arm spinner had to resurrect his career after receiving a ban for suspect bowling action in 2008, marring most of that season and the next. Since coming back from the hiatus, he took some time to get his rhythm going.

"I have always said that it would take some time to regain what I had before, after making changes to those things. It's not easy to do everything like before in a short time," he said.

Make Salauddin the permanant spin bowling coach(if we dont bother to hire any from outside BD). Or keep him with the team all the time. He is one of the main reason why many of our players have improved alot over the year
Old December 3, 2010, 01:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

I am happy for Razzak on the hatrick although I was gunning for Shakib to get that fifer.

It did bring the memories of some other famous ODI hatricks:

1. Shahadat : our first one vs. ZIM but we still lost

2. Malinga's 4 for 4 vs. SA in the 2007 WC. WIth 4 runs to win and 5 wickets in hand, Malinga made this a contest by removing 4 players in a row although SA pulled it out at the end.

3. Vaas' hattrick vs. us in the 03 WC. For the newbies that don't know, Vaas took 4 in the first five balls of the game including our own knight Sir Ash.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/65243.html
Old December 3, 2010, 02:00 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98

[Daily Star article snipped]

Make Salauddin the permanant spin bowling coach(if we dont bother to hire any from outside BD). Or keep him with the team all the time. He is one of the main reason why many of our players have improved alot over the year
Spin is the department in which we are the best in the world, after the departure of Murali and Warne. So, we probably can find the best coaches for spin from within.

Pont can work on our pacers.
Old December 3, 2010, 07:34 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

congrats...
But do not become another Kapali.
Old December 3, 2010, 08:41 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
দুজন মাত্র স্পিনারের হ্যাটট্রিক আছে ওয়ানডেতে, আর বাঁহাতি স্পিনার হিসেবে রাজ্জাকই প্রথম