facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 16, 2012, 03:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat @cri
Amar sudhu aktai question Sakib ar out ar kono replay giant screen a dekhano hoy nai keno ??. Akbar dekhate niche sathe sathe off korche. Why ?? Was that really out ?? Amra stadium a sobai khub excited hoichilam tokhon .
That wasn't out. Footage was very bad, but even from that long distance shot it was clear to me that some portion was behind the line... A close up could have made it clear. Commies were also with Not Out on benefit of doubt ground. But it was shocking to see OUT popping up on the screen.

Old March 16, 2012, 03:47 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

These guys seem exhausted and rightly so. Let's share our experiences when Mushy hit those sixes and the daripalla came to our side. My mouth became very dry even though I was drinking lots of water. For few mins, I thought I thought I have diabetes.

Stadium guys, share it tomorrow bro. Eagerly waiting.
Old March 16, 2012, 03:50 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Amar sudhu aktai question Sakib ar out ar kono replay giant screen a dekhano hoy nai keno ??. Akbar dekhate niche sathe sathe off korche. Why ?? Was that really out ?? Amra stadium a sobai khub excited hoichilam tokhon .
haha..akbar dakhay e jei response paise manuser,r sahos hoynai dakhanor
Old March 16, 2012, 04:00 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
These guys seem exhausted and rightly so. Let's share our experiences when Mushy hit those sixes and the daripalla came to our side. My mouth became very dry even though I was drinking lots of water. For few mins, I thought I thought I have diabetes.

Stadium guys, share it tomorrow bro. Eagerly waiting.
I was talking to two friends on skype while streaming the match online and for some reason their feed was one ball ahead of mine. So I heard Mushy's sixes and Nasir's out over skype before seeing it!
Old March 17, 2012, 07:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
big screens are not allowed to show replays .... specially replays that are referred to third umpires, bat-pad, lbw appeals, catches taken just of the ground, etc .......
Old March 17, 2012, 07:50 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Eijei Mac, Isnaad, Night_wolf bhaira, apnader detailed match report gulo koi? Amra kintu ekhono opekha korchi....
Old March 20, 2012, 12:57 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Jitsi Jitsi Jitsi Jitsi Jitsi

Ami kisu pic tulsi segulo r amar stadium experience kal dibo aj r energy nai

Bangladesh Bangladesh Bangladesh Bangladesh Bangladesh
Old March 20, 2012, 01:09 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Ajke kara stadium gesilen? Ektu share koren apnader experience plz
Old March 20, 2012, 01:18 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
ami aj o gesilam vai...awesome exp..oikhane na thakle bujha jay na..ami kal pic share korbo
Old March 20, 2012, 01:20 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
They won't be back yet!
Old March 20, 2012, 01:21 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Yeah, I think they are still dancing. Enjoy it guys. It sucks not to be there.
Old March 20, 2012, 01:23 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
They won't be back yet!
hehehehe...basa kase hobar aita akta subidha
Old March 20, 2012, 02:06 PM
Cricket Legend

^ Indiar sathe match ar por ami Banani porjonto pickup ar pichone jhuila aschi. Tarpor 1 hour kono bus pai nai . Dui hathe duita juta nia haita basay aschi . Manusher payer chapay juta chire gechilo . But these things dont matter if we win
Old March 20, 2012, 10:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/QUOTE]

The picture says it all....luck you too

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Ami bolbo apnara jara deshe thaken tara please shobai stadium e jaben.. BD haruk or jituk.. Amader cricket bachiye rakhar pichhone dorshokder bhumika oneekkkk boro.. dorshok joto beshi hobe- profit toto beshi hobe- amra toto beshi beshi game pabo...
ekdom thik kotha....we should always stand beside our players....this is how they will get the boost to do even better in the future
Old March 21, 2012, 09:53 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
ami aj o gesilam vai...awesome exp..oikhane na thakle bujha jay na..ami kal pic share korbo
sobi koi? Joldi koro vai
Old March 21, 2012, 11:55 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Jack Hobbs

i will say this, sbns is the worst stadium in the world that i have ever been to, i have been to the vip zone which is ok.. food drinks washroom facilities are good but the mood is awful. at the gallery i mean all the facilities are just terrible but the mood with so many of my fellow compatriots makes it a great experience.

i wish the stadium could give proper facilities to all fans irrespective of their economic ability afterall, money doesnt change the fact we are all gods children.
Old March 21, 2012, 03:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onelove
i will say this, sbns is the worst stadium in the world that i have ever been to, i have been to the vip zone which is ok.. food drinks washroom facilities are good but the mood is awful. at the gallery i mean all the facilities are just terrible but the mood with so many of my fellow compatriots makes it a great experience.

i wish the stadium could give proper facilities to all fans irrespective of their economic ability afterall, money doesnt change the fact we are all gods children.
What's wrong with SBNS? I think its one of subcontinents bests.
Old March 21, 2012, 05:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
What's wrong with SBNS? I think its one of subcontinents bests.
if u have money or connection, VIP section is great, u get to order anything u want, waiters bring em to you. its nice. but if you go the galleries, i mean people are treated like cattle, washroom is horrible, food stalls are pathetic, u are parched and u have to wait in line for long long time to get ripped off for a drink. and so called "burger" is not fit for human consumption. pepsi u get is nice and warm and without any fizz. i mean its horrible.

facilities for VIPs and rich people are vastly different from what ordinary people get to enjoy.

its not the best in terms of facilities for common man, india has way better stadiums now.

plus i have been told u get searched like hell on the way to the stadium.

I have been fortunate, drove into the VIP sections and sat and got bored as the atmosphere is "polite"

call me old fashioned, leftist or whatever.. i hate class differentiation. i can understand a bit of downgrade when you are at normal galleries but such stark contrast was hard to take for me.
Old March 21, 2012, 05:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Bhai when did you go at SBNS last time ?? After the reconstruction work for WC 11 it has become one of the best in subcontinent if not the world. Gallery facilities are also very good now
Old March 21, 2012, 05:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Bhai when did you go at SBNS last time ?? After the reconstruction work for WC 11 it has become one of the best in subcontinent if not the world. Gallery facilities are also very good now
i was there for the world cup ..all the games and last time i was there was for pak vs ban t20.

and i not sure about ur definition of very good. but if ur happy well wonderful. i guess i just use different standard myself.

i mean i have been to IPL matches, i am almost always at ACC here in toronto or the skydome and (which most toronto folks feel is antiquated now). i have been world cup in germany, south africa. i have been to F1 ciruits, nascar circuits, nfl games. if u say the world ..i mean wow ..i am sorry ..i havent been to pakistan or srilanka or australia yet, but so far its the 2nd worst behind the chitagong stadium.

(yes am a sports fan)
Old March 21, 2012, 05:22 PM
Cricket Legend

I have to agree (partly) with OneLove here. The last time I went to the SBNS was during the three-match ODI series vs. Australia last year. The VIP section is top notch, but lacks atmosphere because those poisha-wala public don't know how to cheer. They are the ultimate fair-weather fans. I traded my VIP tickets for seats in the galleries for the second and final ODIs. Top notch support (except for those "bhua, bhua" chants at our own players, like Shakib). Excellent atmosphere. But available services are terrible! You really can't buy a decent drink...certainly not cold (not even cold water). There are no proper food stalls. There were two make-shift stands where I was sitting selling kababs, and they ran out of food within 20 minutes. Plus, nobody bothers to line-up properly. Too many people smoking in the stair wells. Toilets weren't too bad. But some people really need to learn how to take a p*** and there needs to be permanent staff at the toilets to clean up during games. Other than that, the stadium isn't all that bad.

Bottom line: baire diye fitfat, bhetore shodor ghat.
Old March 21, 2012, 05:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
i was there for the world cup ..all the games and last time i was there was for pak vs ban t20.

and i not sure about ur definition of very good. but if ur happy well wonderful. i guess i just use different standard myself.

i mean i have been to IPL matches, i am almost always at ACC here in toronto or the skydome and (which most toronto folks feel is antiquated now). i have been world cup in germany, south africa. i have been to F1 ciruits, nascar circuits, nfl games. if u say the world ..i mean wow ..i am sorry ..i havent been to pakistan or srilanka or australia yet, but so far its the 2nd worst behind the chitagong stadium.

(yes am a sports fan)

I just compared it with other cricket grounds in the world . Certainly looks better than the grounds of Srilanka and Pakistan
. But yes you cant get good food in the gallery, Its a problem but the noise and atmosphere SBNS provides during a match really makes me feel excited specially under lights
Old March 21, 2012, 05:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
I just compared it with other cricket grounds in the world . Certainly looks better than the grounds of Srilanka and Pakistan
. But yes you cant get good food in the gallery, Its a problem but the noise and atmosphere SBNS provides during a match really makes me feel excited specially under lights
atmosphere is great one of the best, being part of it is a great experience, honestly trading "vip" tickets for the experience is truly worth it.

but the facilities, wow just horrible and i can assure you facilities wise for common man, its not even close to "best" in the world.

and dont get me going how the whole stadium is not "disabled friendly"

i will say this, part of the problem is our own culture, we do not treat our own people well, we mistreat others at will, so to find such shocking facilities at so called international stadium maybe hard to take but most people in bangladesh do not complain as we not treat people as people ourselves.

we seriously need a change in attitude. someone who has more money than me is not better than me, someone who has less than me, i am certainly not better than him. this concept is lacking in our compatriots.
Old March 21, 2012, 05:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
atmosphere is great one of the best, being part of it is a great experience, honestly trading "vip" tickets for the experience is truly worth it.

but the facilities, wow just horrible and i can assure you facilities wise for common man, its not even close to "best" in the world.

and dont get me going how the whole stadium is not "disabled friendly"

i will say this, part of the problem is our own culture, we do not treat our own people well, we mistreat others at will, so to find such shocking facilities at so called international stadium maybe hard to take but most people in bangladesh do not complain as we not treat people as people ourselves.

we seriously need a change in attitude. someone who has more money than me is not better than me, someone who has less than me, i am certainly not better than him. this concept is lacking in our compatriots.

Agree with you but we common people has no choice !!
Old March 21, 2012, 06:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
if u have money or connection, VIP section is great, u get to order anything u want, waiters bring em to you. its nice. but if you go the galleries, i mean people are treated like cattle, washroom is horrible, food stalls are pathetic, u are parched and u have to wait in line for long long time to get ripped off for a drink. and so called "burger" is not fit for human consumption. pepsi u get is nice and warm and without any fizz. i mean its horrible.

facilities for VIPs and rich people are vastly different from what ordinary people get to enjoy.

its not the best in terms of facilities for common man, india has way better stadiums now.

plus i have been told u get searched like hell on the way to the stadium.

I have been fortunate, drove into the VIP sections and sat and got bored as the atmosphere is "polite"

call me old fashioned, leftist or whatever.. i hate class differentiation. i can understand a bit of downgrade when you are at normal galleries but such stark contrast was hard to take for me.
thats whats wrong with you rich people. you wanna have fun like us in sports yet wanna enjoy the finer things of life... like being waited on. you cant have best of both world. everyday i wish i could afford a vip ticket so i can piss in golden urinals and drink australian beer.

next time i spot one of rich ppl like you in our gallery, we gonna rob you and send u back to vip.