facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 26, 2006, 11:28 AM
Cricket Legend

It seems none of the BCB President XI players were determined and focused to their business. It was just an occassional "weekend cricket".
However, BD remaining team played against Khulna Division and won by 240 runs.

Old November 26, 2006, 11:42 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

This was good for the Zimbo side as they needed to get some self confidence built before the series. The last two series were too close and that's what i expect out of this (A 5-0 will still be the ideal result, eheh) series.

As for BD, we needed this to wake us up a little bit. A 5-0 will always be a wishful thinking when we have two teams who are pretty closely matched. We may have better players but the Zimbo's seem a have stronger will, that's what worries me the most.

Goos job by Nazmul, Mosharraf, Nadif and Marshal. I am glad no one is crying about including any of them in the main team. It's funny how some folks think 1 or 2 good (or bad) performance automatically gets you in (or out of) the national team.
Old November 26, 2006, 12:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

I think they will give Mehrab a chance..i mean Ashraful as the opener..waste..I guess Tushar is the one who'll get replaced by Ashraful.. And for this match... we had too many youngsters 'not performing'. Good to see Bashar getting starts ( run out is careless but better than getting bowled,caught,lbw ).
One more thing is that.. I dont think Tapash should get a chance for the ODI's. I mean he's very EXPENSIVE as always! even with Zimbabwe? .. Not good.
The Twenty-20 Result will have a big effect on the ODI series started!
Old November 26, 2006, 01:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Bit disappointed, but I hope this result will prevent the national team from being complecent ahead of the ODI series.

Some observation: I am saying this once again- Farhad Reza being an allrounder is nothing but a myth, he should be told to solely concentrate on his batting.

Nazmul's performence was satisfactory. If the ODI squad needs a fourth pacer in near future, he should be considered over Tapash.
Old November 26, 2006, 01:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

TheWatcher : yeah i agree..Farhad Reza is an all rounder..but he's not bowling well recently..and now he is not even batting well..He really should concentrate hard on Batting and maybe pump out some overs!
Old November 26, 2006, 01:15 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Okay, now I am getting the picture. I think this match result, media and fans' pressure forced the selectors to include Ash. Too bad for Mehrab Junior but I hope he still gets a chance to open the innings with SN, since we do not have JO and RS I think selectors will give Mehrab a chance to prove his worth.
Old November 26, 2006, 02:06 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Farhad's bowling is ineffective, he should just concentrate on his batting. Should he fail to perform and we need a bowler, he should be replaced by Tapash. It seems Tapash can bat a little, his bowling may be tad expensive but at least he picks up wickets.
Old November 26, 2006, 02:59 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

I doubt the result of this match will have any impact on the selection of the playing XI for the first ODI atleast, or the next two, for that matter. From the Bangladesh's point of view, this match was perhaps all about giving the visitors some match practice before the series gets underway.

Having said that, i personally won't like it too much if Mehrab jnr doesnt come out to open with Nafees. If Ash is to play, then Tushar gets replaced. Seems simple, but lets see how, and if, the selectors make this a complicated situation.
Old November 26, 2006, 03:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster
I doubt the result of this match will have any impact on the selection of the playing XI for the first ODI atleast, or the next two, for that matter.
Can't agree with you here. Mehrab will probably get the openning position in the national team regardless how he did in this match, but, especially after Ashraful's inclusion, Reza's position in the team is under question now. Reza still has the twenty20 match to prove his worth, but, without doubt, he is under immense pressure to perform now.
Old November 26, 2006, 04:14 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
[...]especially after Ashraful's inclusion, Reza's position in the team is under question now. Reza still has the twenty20 match to prove his worth, but, without doubt, he is under immense pressure to perform now.
point taken.

but do you think the selectors will associate the inclusion of ash with reza's lack of performance ? They've been using him (reza) as mashrafe's opening partner with the new ball, or be it the first-change, and i would be surprised if they actually drop reza (given that he fails in the Twenty20) and include ash with tushar already in the XI as well. For me it seemed like tushar's the one who would get the axe with ash coming in now, as it makes sense in dropping a middle-order for another middle-order (not sure though if ashraful's status in the team, based on recent history, is still that of an opener or a middle-order bat)

well, i'll admit that i am myself confused enough now that ash has been recalled. he wont be sitting outside the playin XI while in the 14-man squad after all this. will he ?
Old November 26, 2006, 07:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

How can BD lose against a low strength Zimbawabe team?
Old November 26, 2006, 07:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

I wouldn't worry about it. It's just a practice match...nothing agains the ODI team. As opposed to this, the ODI team won by 240 runs against Khulna. We should keep that in mind
Old November 26, 2006, 09:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash, Nasir

this match shows how easy it will be for bd national team to win all the matches. zim couldn't even play musarraf hossain, how they are gonna play rafiq and razzak. rafiqand razzak combined will have the figure like 20-5-60-5 .meahrab on this match couldn't prove himself 'caz he faced only 1 ball and was given LBW. bashar was run out. also, riad, farhad and ziaur rahman had no contribution at all. farhad won't play all the odis, may be couple. zim won't be able to cope-up with bd national team. it will be 5-0 all the way, inshaallah. wrtie it down
Old November 26, 2006, 10:09 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mominul

It would have been more satisfying if we could beat Zim in the practice match.Anyways, I think it was not a bad practice for our 20/20 players like Nadif.Sad that Mehrab Jr. couldn't do anything.And, I am very much worried about Farhad.He is not in touch these days.Even in National league matches he played, didn't do good.Hope he will come back as before in the series.
Old November 26, 2006, 11:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Great warm up match for Zim!! I like their attitude in every game.... they know their limitations and they successfully executed the plan based on their abilities.
Overall good win for zim and love see this kind of fight in the coming matches...
Old November 27, 2006, 01:49 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tawanda Mupariwa

BCCB played well and i think they exposed quite a number of Zim's weaknesses. From the looks of it, i think Zim will have a tough time playing spin, as evident from Mosharaf's figures. There where a couple of starts but nobody went on to score a BIG one and thats something we haqve to worry about cuz we need a Nafees in our side...hopefully Taylor or Masakadza will do that for us in the series.

There is a bit of some positives in batting coz at least 8 guys in the line up have the capability of scoring at least 25 runs and if we can get someone to bat through then we will be aiiight!!.
Old November 27, 2006, 06:28 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisermatin
How can BD lose against a low strength Zimbawabe team?
It's not BD team tha played... its a team made of BD team rejects and A-Team/Age group players ... (except for Bashar & Mehrab Jr.)
Old November 27, 2006, 09:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Congrats to Zimb..And Big question mark for batting of BD?
First of all it's our development unit, so they did good to restrict them withing 221.
Few things struck me about BD bowling, Tapash's expensive overs but three wickets! Lack of our pacers and their effectiveness, Nazmul's silent contribution 20/1 in 8 overs.
I don't know how many times all of us, including me, mentioned that we really need to think about our pacers and developing new pacers. We had six years after test status but I barely recall any attempts besides one or two pace hunt programs over this period of time. Kinda ridiculous, when we have shortage of effective pace bowlers. Can't we find ten pacers from whole Bangladesh so that we can start playing them in international matches. Nazmul, Tapash are good but what attempt we took after rejecting them from ODI and test. Not sure Nazmul has increased his pace or Tapash did something to rectify his line and length/pace.

BATTING...I wish I can ever express my thanks to this dept especially on the thanksgiving days. Our top order never works together, and as usual we lost wickets but Nadif, Marshall did good (that's why they are chosen). Later stage Musfiq, and Tapash(yes Tapash) tried best. I guess we need to have a good batting coach immediately before world cup to give it a last shot to improve openning pair whoever will be with SN, number 2,3,4 batsmen. No matter whom we choose, the first four batsmen either go cheap, or get out in pairs. Why is that??