facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old October 10, 2013, 10:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Ha ha ha...and HE IS BACK !

I had a evil plan to lure him back. I was about to embark on an epic rant of trash talking about the Wings. I know he reads the posts and hoped that my move will bring him back. But, I am glad that I didn't have to resort to such a tactic. Actually, I am very glad !

Hertl's fourth goal ! OMG. Milbury didn't appreciate it. He said it was hotdogging and somebody should have laid him out for doing that in a game that was already 7-2. Whatever moron! Freaking dinosaur. Only think I hate about NHL being back is to sit and watch NBCSN and its panel of Milbury, Douchebag Roencik and the other Flyers scum.

Yes, great rookie class. But, the 82 game is a grind. Expect some of them to fall off.

Old October 10, 2013, 11:44 AM
Cricket Guru

This Friday, Zatkoff will make his NHL debut vs Florida. I am so anxious to watch him play. He had no chance in LA behind Quick and Bernier. Now, he has a chance to prove himself as a young back up goalie in NHL. He will get 20 games at least this year. Also, backing up Fleury means you are one meltdown away from being the starter. He needs to go about his business.
Old October 11, 2013, 06:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Still unimpressed. We're but a shadow of our former, puck possessing selves. Outshot and outplayed by Phoenix at home, the 2-4 scoreline could've been worse. We were playing senior citizens' pond hockey whenever Bert was on the ice. Terrible game from Alfie also. BTW, Sergei Fedorov has come out of retirement. I won't be surprised to see Kenny add him to his collection of wrinklefesters.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; October 12, 2013 at 01:33 AM..
Old October 11, 2013, 09:36 AM
Cricket Guru

But, its way too early. Plenty of time to right the ship, and Wings will , since they have the best coach in all of hockey. There are so many ups and downs in a 82 game season. There are upswings, downswings, injuries etc etc. I won't worry too much. This is how I look at it : If you win 2/3rd of your games, you will be in great shape. On loss in every three games is normal for a good team. If you can win three out four, then you are in great shape at the end. So, fear not my friend. Florida got killed by Tampa last night ( 7-2 ), so they will be upset and will fight tooth and nails against us tonight. It won't surprise me one bit if they take it to us. BTW, Filpulla looked great : (
Old October 11, 2013, 10:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

Florida has gotten killed in every game. Crosby and Geno will feast on their poor souls. I should watch that game to see how bad the Panthers get thrashed

Another great outing by Bernier. This kid is a gamer, and we honestly got a steal of a deal with him. The team is still playing sluggish, at times lazy hockey. Hope they pick it up sooner rather than later. Wish Clarkson was here. His intensity and tenacity would've surely helped the youngsters pick it up.

Dave Bolland's addition was also excellent. This guy has a good bit of offence in him, and has produced when he was gotten the chance with us. His offence wasn't really needed in Chicago, and never really had the chance in such a role. I expect 40-50 pts from him. However, his biggest asset for us is his experience, and playing style when the game is on the line. This guy is already a savvy veteran with who turns it on when the game is close. He also is one of the hardest workers on the team. His influence on our youngsters will be priceless if he keeps up this solid play.

Lupul hasn't even been that great and he already has 6 pts in 5 games. His finishing has been pretty off so far. Once he gets his touch back, and if he can stay healthy, we will have a nice 1-2 punch this year.

Morgan Rielly continues to impress. He is the best skating Leafs dman I have ever seen. He's a better skater than Kessel even.
Old October 11, 2013, 10:10 AM
Cricket Guru

I disagree. I think they will fight back. When teams get thrashed at their barn like that, a quick turnaround is the best possible thing. Thats exactly what they have. A game in 24 hrs. They will punch above their belt. I just want to see how Zatkoff plays.

Leafs are a serious team. They have speed to spare. So damn fast. This is a good team up and down the order. Solid every where. Great additions in off season too.

How about that Patrick Roy ! Love that guy..
Old October 11, 2013, 11:29 AM
Cricket Guru

http://deadspin.com/young-red-wings-...her-1443846240
Old October 11, 2013, 01:42 PM
Test Cricketer

LOL What a bawse

Roy has done a good job so far. Lets see if he can maintain this. The biggest problem with young teams like the Avs and Leafs is consistency. Roy is no slacker though. This guy will work these kids to the bone.

Aside from his temper, he has the make up of a perfect coach for young players.
Old October 12, 2013, 09:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

eeeeekk what a nerve wracking game! 5-6... Leafs have done it again though
Old October 12, 2013, 10:39 PM
Test Cricketer

When in doubt, give it to Lupul.

Bolland is the most clutch player we have had in a long *** time.

Defense continues to be a joke. Wake the **** up Randy.
Old October 13, 2013, 01:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Finally, a decent outing from the Red Wings. Here's Monica's report: Detroit Sends Phily Flying.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old October 16, 2013, 07:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Minnesota has a scary good possession game. Unfortunately, their lack of finish hasn't gotten much better since the time of Lemaire. Averaging less than 2.5 GPG isn't gonna work on nights where you face offensive juggernauts like the Leafs and Pens. These teams don't need many shots to score. Give them enough chances up close and they will capitalize. Hope Minny can get Vanek this year, as I do like them as a team.

That Jonas Brodin impressed once again. This kid was not beat by anyone last night. Him and Suter kept Kessel quiet. Granted it was much easier with no JVR, but it was an accomplishment nonetheless.

We once again played under par, but won due to 3 things - great goaltending, great special teams (2/3 PP, 4/5 PK), and capitalizing on our chances (4 goals on 14 SOG). The defence was a lot better tonight - they kept Minny to the outside for most of the night. Really hoping the return of Clarkson and Kulemin improves our possession game, as they are both excellent @ the cycle game. Bolland line was the only one which had considerably time in the offensive zone on a regular basis.

Sid continues to roll. It's great to see the Ovy vs Crosby race again. Crosby is gonna win if he stays healthy tho - I see 140 pts from him this year. The man is on a mission.

With the suck that is the Metrosexual division, the Pens are gonna run away with the title.

Best start for the Leafs in 20 years!
Old October 16, 2013, 10:27 AM
Cricket Guru

If he stays healthy . That is the key. He was running away with it last year until the jaw incident. And, of course, that year when he was having an unbelievable year until some no name garbage named Steckel decided to elbow him in the back of the neck. Keeping fingers crossed.

Man the Oilers are fast. They played great last night. Perhaps a bit unlucky they didn't win. Fleury was very good ( regular season champ that he is ) and possibly robbed them off two pts. We are far from a finished product. Letang and Neal hasn't played this year due to injury and those two are pretty big part of the team. Bennett is hurt now too and missed last night. Its still too early. But, can't complain with the results so far.

Metro div is bad right now, but its October. Plenty of time for teams to gel and address issues.

Oilers are fun to watch but they have first line talents playing in third line. Sometimes it doesn't work. They have to upgrade that D without a doubt.
Old October 17, 2013, 07:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Oilers have no defence or goal tending. They need to parley some of that offensive talent (Hi Yakupov) into a goal tender and some NHL d. They have an excellent D prospect pool, but you can't just throw in a bunch of kids on the blue line. Need to give them some help with quality D.

Andrew Ference is the only decent NHL d they have. The Leafs could be a good trade partner if we decided to move Reimer + Gardiner or something like that. But then, the only offensive piece we would want is a center, and ther Oilers themselves are pretty thin on that department.
Old October 17, 2013, 09:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Leafs vs Canes tonight. Stats comparison:

Carolina stat line:

#26 G/G, #17 GA/G, #23 SA/G, #13 SV%, #12 PK, #23 PP, #22 FO%

Leafs stat line:

#4 G/G, #7 GA/G, #27 SA/G, #5 SV%, #3 PK, #3 PP, #26 FO%

We should really win this game.

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!
Old October 17, 2013, 09:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Yak will be traded eventually. From a neutral perspective, it was awesome watching the Oil. Don't get to see them often and I was impressed by their team speed. I thought Eberle was the best player out of Hall, RNH, Yak etc. I like to watch teams that skate up and down the ice. They are exciting to watch. Outside of Pens, I like to watch Isles & Leafs for that reason. Throw in the Oil now too.

Pens-Flyers today. Throw all the records out. We bring the best in them. I think they come out firing and a win vs us will give them the push. If they lose big, don't be surprised if Homer over reacts, again. Oh yes, and there will be a few fights..

What did you think of Lapierre hit on Boyle? And, BTW, Kaletta needs to be suspended indefinitely. He is the dirtiest player around. Even Cooke stopped his BS.

I heard a rumor here that Pens-Wings could be dancing soon regarding one of our surplus young D men and Nyqvist ( spelling ? ) from the Wings. Don't know much about him. When Letang comes back, we need to make room.

My first game of the season at CEC this Sat afternoon vs Canucks. Taking the whole family. My fifteen month old got her #71 shirt and she is ready to cheer on her Pens !!!Lol
Old October 18, 2013, 06:59 AM
Test Cricketer

I still haven't seen that hit. I saw the one by Burns, and it was dirty. I was hoping he'd get a couple games at least. And I completely agree on Kaleta. This guy has zero respect for humans, and that hit was as vicious as it gets. He reminds me of Chris Simon. He was eventually run out of the league.

I hope someone knocks out Kaleta the next time this sad sack of **** is on the ice.

Reimer went down with a head injury last night. That's 6 starters out within the first 8 games Reimer, Clarkson, JVR, Kulemin, Fraser, McLaren - basically all the size and our 1b goalie. The team has gotten super soft in the absence of these guys. Clarkson and JVR should be back within 2 games. Kulemin and Fraser are out for a while, and Reimer's injury extent hasn't been disclosed yet. It could be long as he has had a concussion before on a similar hit. Hope he's okay.

You got your daughter the wrong jersey brother. She's gonna hate you later on when she's sporting the blue and white.

Guess who lives on my street beamer bhai? Take a look at the location, and you might have a good idea
Old October 18, 2013, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

So you and Crosby are homies now, Leafs PWN? Brothas from the same hood?
Old October 18, 2013, 09:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Ha ha..I guess I am gonna have to get her a #87 shirt before game time. I was going to get her #87, but wife intervened, because it was more expensive. Her argument " she is gonna grow out of it in a few months". Not that #71 was cheap, but it is cheaper than #87. I could have got a half price Iginla jersey, but I have some self respect !ha.ha..women always mess up things.

I see you are at Halifax. Permanent move or, just traveling? Same street? wow..Hanging with the big dawns?

Felt good beating the Flyers at their barn. Nothing like it. God, I despise them. We were shorthanded too just like they are. Lots of injuries . We had to play a defenseman as a winger. Hoping that Letang and Neal come back soon. Bennett is hugely missed. I am a big fan of his. He is gonna be a great playmaker.
Old October 18, 2013, 10:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
So you and Crosby are homies now, Leafs PWN? Brothas from the same hood?
Ain't nuttin' gettin between us bru

Brotha hooked me up with some of dem Pens season tix. I can't go doe.....hope bratha don't mind doe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Ha ha..I guess I am gonna have to get her a #87 shirt before game time. I was going to get her #87, but wife intervened, because it was more expensive. Her argument " she is gonna grow out of it in a few months". Not that #71 was cheap, but it is cheaper than #87. I could have got a half price Iginla jersey, but I have some self respect !ha.ha..women always mess up things.

I see you are at Halifax. Permanent move or, just traveling? Same street? wow..Hanging with the big dawns?
That is such a bangali mentality your wifey has

My middle school graduation suit was 1.5 sizes bigger than my fit because I was gonna grow into it. Unfortunately it didn't happen

Here for a 4 month coop term - Sept to December. My landlord knows Sid's parents, and yes I live on the same street as Sid's parents. Nate MacKinon's place is also close by. Pretty amazing how much talent this place produces compared to the population. Time for me to make some contacts eh

Which D are you guys gonna move, aside from Despres, when Letang gets back?

Dan Girardi isn't fitting into AV's system so far. I hope it stays like that, and we can swing a Kulemin + Gunnarson for Girardi trade. Those two will combine for 6.5-7 M in '14 and on. We have about 2 replacements for Kulemin, and that little extra cap space will be huge for us. We need to re-sign McClemment, Bolland, Gardiner, Franson, Phaneuf, Reimer and possibly Raymond in the '14 off-season.
Old October 18, 2013, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Ah so you hangin' with the Troy. Nice going Bangy.

The #87 the wife got me is too loose for me too. I'm too old to grow into it though. Maybe I can get fat like Tamim, eat a lot of beef.

Btw, Beamer bhai what did you do? How come your wife has Bangali mentality? You transformed her yo.
Old October 18, 2013, 11:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Ah so you hangin' with the Troy. Nice going Bangy.

The #87 the wife got me is too loose for me too. I'm too old to grow into it though. Maybe I can get fat like Tamim, eat a lot of beef.

Btw, Beamer bhai what did you do? How come your wife has Bangali mentality? You transformed her yo.
You guys are funny yo!

LeafsPWN bhai is big time now. Hanging with Troy and Trina.

Asif- tomar abar wife kobey theke? Congrats! Naki GF key wife bola style azkal? Please, don't get a tummy like Tamim ! Return the jersey after wearing it for months like a true Bangy style.

How did I transform her? ha ha..bhat and kochu bhorta..thats how.
Old October 18, 2013, 11:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Leafs PWN bhai

Best of luck man. That place has produced two of the biggest names. McKinnon is gonna be great too. Having a great laugh at the suit situation. Us Bangalis think way ahead! Please give my best to the Crosby's when you have that hood block party thing. Tell' em the Burgh loves them.

Tricky situation with our D. Logical move would be Niskanen. He was supposed to be the odd man out. He is making $2M and was seen as the weak link. But, he is playing great, with plus-10. Depres will be moved. He was thought of as top 4, yet he is playing in AHL. In the bottom six they love Bortuzzo and what he brings. Big, tough, physical and positionally strong. Maatta plays like a 26 yr old though he is 19. He is very very calm. He is reaching the 9 game limit, after that, he either stays here or get sent back to London. Can't go to AHL, because of that deal that exists between NHL and OHL. If he stays, this year starts as the first of his ELC. Numbers aside, he is too good to be sent down, but probably will have to go, just for the pure number game. Pouliot, Harrington, Sammuelsson or Duomolin wont get traded. It is Depres who will be moved. Orpik is an UFA and should he be moved? Logic says he should since we have a so many young stay at home type coming up the system, but he is a icon player here. Heart and soul type. I doubt they will ever trade him. They will probably let him walk end of season for one last big pay day. Martin, Scuderi, Letang, Orpik are top 4. Last two spots- Bortuzzo and Niskanen. Maatta will get sent down, though nobody wants that to happen.
Old October 21, 2013, 04:12 AM
Cricket Savant

We're still at 60% of our ability even during this rebuilding period, and need to be at 75 to 85% to win games we're expected to win as a team. I don't want us to peak before the playoffs. Hopefully we'll start playing vintage Red Wings hockey then. The idea of playing either the Hawks or the Avs for the Cup someday is an enthralling one for us at the RWN.

We're winning games ONLY because of solid goaltending and because Hank and Pasha have stepped up. Alfie has been on a hot streak also. Gustavsson has had a couple of unexpectedly good games. Good reflex goalie but his positional play needs to improve. Our young and very talented defensive corps is learning and cutting down on turnovers, but we need more offense from future Norris contenders Kindl, DeKeyser and Smith. We also need better offensive output from forwards other than the big two and Alfie. Franzen has worked harder than I've ever seen him work during the regular season but it's still not hard enough for his pay grade. Gotta play Tatar and Nyquist every game, period. This obsession with Bert and Cleary must stop.

Bernier looks to be the best Leafs goalie since Cujo, and Kessel, Lupul and Kadri are a serious offensive threat, but that defense?

Last edited by Sohel; October 21, 2013 at 07:35 AM..
Old October 21, 2013, 04:32 AM
Cricket Savant

@Beamer: Maatta is pure gold. Very unlucky not to have scored more with that accurate howitzer. A very calm defensive presence too, almost Lidstrom-like when Nick came into the league as our number four defenseman behind Fetisov, Vlad and Coffey. Of course being partnered with Coffey developed him quickly enough to become the better partner in his pairing with Murph, an excellent defenseman in his own right.

Crosby has changed his game this season and we'll see his PPG go beyond 2. Like Gretzky, he wants to make a scoring play every time he's on shift and he's doing it with his ability to see a possible play before it unfolds, and then by making it happen. Such premeditation is something new for his vision game. He used to just hold the puck with his superior skillset and look for opportunities like other elite players, Malkin, Datsyuk or Toews for example, or Mario, Yzerman, LaFontaine, Fedorov and Howe before them.

Now his ability to accelerate and then stop on a dime makes him the right guy at the right place, because most NHL defensemen can't skate at that level and skate right past him, leaving him open enough for a perfect no-look pass or shot on goal. You give him space to skate and you'll be toast 1 out of 3 times. Reminiscent of Pavel Bure in his prime, but with a plan his fellow players are also in on. He has obviously been working very hard on executing give-and-go plays with his linemates the way Gretzky used to.

Last edited by Sohel; October 21, 2013 at 07:34 AM..