facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 20, 2020, 02:21 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

This forum was the best when the team did poorly.

All those match threads that started with "hoping for a win", only to be outplayed.

I believe some of us kept scores on who was the best match thread opener (in terms of win percentage).

5000 posts in a match thread was peak BC.

Old February 20, 2020, 02:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

How about we invite M.Stonier to this thread, he can surely turn it alive.
Old February 20, 2020, 03:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
This forum was the best when the team did poorly.

All those match threads that started with "hoping for a win", only to be outplayed.

I believe some of us kept scores on who was the best match thread opener (in terms of win percentage).

5000 posts in a match thread was peak BC.
Sadly these days BC gets what 50 posts on a match thread on a good day. Infact we don't even have match threads at times.

I remember in the past I'd open match threads for both BPL matches for a day. Man BPL was exciting on this forum. I wish BC was back
Old February 20, 2020, 03:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Sadly these days BC gets what 50 posts on a match thread on a good day. Infact we don't even have match threads at times.

I remember in the past I'd open match threads for both BPL matches for a day. Man BPL was exciting on this forum. I wish BC was back
Most of us here came when we were young...

The younger ones these days are directed to other stuff other than discussing about cricket on a site that's not Facebook or Twitter or instagram or snapchat.
Old February 20, 2020, 04:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Yeah, totally agree.
Also BC not being a dating site, I hear young folks are busy frequenting the hook-up sites nowadays. Young generation has NO time for BC or cricket.

Maybe Tehsin uncle can open a hook-up sub-forum in BC and idomb can moderate that section.
Maybe not a good idea, just a thought, to revive BC.
Old February 20, 2020, 04:16 PM
Cricket Savant

That's the way she goes
Old February 20, 2020, 04:30 PM
Cricket Savant

People don't believe me but I still think Russian takeover was inside job.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 20, 2020, 06:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Personally, I didn't notice any extremities from the mods. I thought it was more because of the decline in the quality of posts here. In hindsight, I recall a reduction in posts from some of the more knowledgeable contributors over the last 2-3 years. The subsequent increase in nonsensical and often abusive posts from some newer contributors resulted in rapid deterioration of quality in the forum. I recall questioning whether some of those folks had ever played any competitive cricket at all - such was the absurdity of their views with regard to the sport.

Furthermore, I felt there was a proliferation of trolls who were there to only antagonise members and I'm not sure why these people weren't weeded out and removed quickly. I found this intolerable at times and was one of the main reasons I avoided BC.

There's a pretty good BC WhatsApp group to which many previously-regular members have shifted. This would suggest that interest in BD cricket isn't dead but it may be a combination of the decline in the quality of contributions as well as a outdated platform.
Old February 20, 2020, 07:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Why am I angry at this decline? I will give an answer why I opened this thread in the first place.

We need a platform guys, it is so important. We need a platform online to share our views as a collective, you guys mentioned youtube, facebook and twitter and I agree that there has been many new social media platforms and everyone is doing their sharing of opinions and there is a lot of opinions going around. But, everyone still reads and goes to Cricinfo for the latest and opinions, no-one refers to facebook comments. There is a reason, it is more of an official opinion or an expert opinion rather than just jodu modu kodu comment.

I still remember the time, when BC was in it's peak time, I still feel BC was at it's peak around 2015 and 2016 T20 WC. In the peak I remember we gave advice to the officials in BCB, like managers and coaches. I will even go on to say that in Asia cup we played 4 fast bowlers because of the opinions of the members here, it did happen. It wasn't thought of anywhere else but here, and what started of as an opinion and a thought became reality in the playing 11 in the national team. If that doesn't matter then I don't know what does. Check the match threads around that time.

I also need to mention when the decline started in my opinion, I remember I couldn't share my frustration of Taskin being banned here, it was just the sheer frustration of thinking if I really write what's on my mind that I will be banned here. It was a valid fear because I did see many members getting banned infront of my eyes in that case, and in many many cases like this. It had been happening for a long time and the moderators thought oh if one gone doesn't matter because another one will come. Guess what, if the same member came back with a different ID and even changed their views he would be still found out with IP address checks and banned.

I have to share these frustrations because the moderators have been nothing but obnoxious at most of the times in my opinion. IMO they are the reason, yes there are many reasons but they are the main reason for this site's decline.

Am I living in a fool's world to think that valid fan opinion pieces shouldn't exist online from a Bangladeshi cricket fans perspectives? This is a site for the fans and we should have a platform online to express everything we are feeling. Unfortunately, we only wanted to show the good side of ours and that in turn made this site feel muted, almost gagged.

Through this site also I have connected with many people who have given me such invaluable insights into cricket and more specifically bangladeshi cricket. We need this platform to discuss the upcoming cricketers and what's happening around Bangladesh cricket because guess what, I feel that it will contribute to the development of Bangladesh's cricket. I do strongly believe that. We just need to make it better with better moderators and better moderation.

The other point is that, and I also feel strongly about this. Cricinfo/Cricbuzz is just bullsh** imo.
Mohammed Islam maybe a dedicated reporter but his reports are nothing but one person's opinion and at times doesn't give any insights more than what we already know. A match report will tell only what happened on the field, if I wanted to know that Tamim hit 67 runs off 76 balls I would just read the scorecard and not his match report. There is just one reporter covering whole of BD cricket and at times it is just not enough, lacks in-depth analysis and lacks everything that makes a good insight into Bangladesh cricket. The biasedness of cricinfo and Cricbuzz is a sheer frustrating factor for me. I think Mohammed Islam also is heavily gagged there like we are here, in all I feel that this platform or another one if necessary is needed very much to share what we actually feel. It doesn't have to be right, we just need to express it. If Bangladeshis in future come up in the future with a cricketing news site like cricinfo then you can say it's not need but at this point of time Cricinfo/Cricbuzz belongs to a non-Bangladeshi point of view and at times even go at lengths to share anti-BD news.
Old February 21, 2020, 12:31 AM
Cricket Legend

A product is only as good as how it's built and marketed. Out of all the Asian cricket forum (apart from Lanka), bc forum is the bottom feeder, just like our team.

I raised this issue previously aswell, for a forum to be successful, you need interaction. Previously, members were contributing on a regular basis, would take time to check threads after threads to see if someone quoted them to start a debate/discussion. Those boomer days are done with, notification features needed to be added. Social media needed to be added aswell. None of them took place, this was inevitable. Better platform exists outside of poorly managed/designed forums

Also, how many people even knows about BC in BD? Seems like most people here that contributes are from outside BD.
Old February 21, 2020, 12:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Personally, I didn't notice any extremities from the mods. I thought it was more because of the decline in the quality of posts here. In hindsight, I recall a reduction in posts from some of the more knowledgeable contributors over the last 2-3 years. The subsequent increase in nonsensical and often abusive posts from some newer contributors resulted in rapid deterioration of quality in the forum. I recall questioning whether some of those folks had ever played any competitive cricket at all - such was the absurdity of their views with regard to the sport.

Furthermore, I felt there was a proliferation of trolls who were there to only antagonise members and I'm not sure why these people weren't weeded out and removed quickly. I found this intolerable at times and was one of the main reasons I avoided BC.

There's a pretty good BC WhatsApp group to which many previously-regular members have shifted. This would suggest that interest in BD cricket isn't dead but it may be a combination of the decline in the quality of contributions as well as a outdated platform.
I will side with Cricket_king here. Note: I am also a part of the whatsapp group just letting you BCites lad know

So I have been following BC since 2009/10. I was a viewer mainly in the early days because I was too shy to post, heck I opened my FB account in like 2010/2011. And back in those days it was doom and gloom and hopes and heartbkreaks. But it was amazing to be on this forum no doubt. I do agree with Tanvir bhai that Mods needed to be a bit more lenient because we are already a forum which is struggling with membership. This isn't pakpassion.

Anyways, once again, BC members going away is simply nothing but a snowball effect. At first 2 members dissappeared, and then slowly 4 and so on. Seeing members dissappear the forum became deserted and that caused even more members to start leaving the group including myself. YES many people have moved on with life but i dont think that is what happened. Most of the members stopped posting because it stopped being fun to post here. I remember during 2013 or 2015 BPL there was hardly much interest even though i posted religiously.

Also these days, with mobile apps for Facebook and Messenger on our phone, it is so much easier to talk about cricket on our phones rather than typing on a cricket forum. It is instant gratification. We are habituated to making an instant comment and BAM we have made a comment or saw a comment from others. That is something we see on that whatsapp group. I just think this forum needs to find a way to attract members back again. Take initiatives.

If you have one poster more per day, a few days later it will attract 3 posters. For example, if I start posting regularly 2/3 more posters will become regular and they in turn will attract 10 posters and the cycle continue.
Old February 21, 2020, 04:08 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Because of the unofficial BC Whatsapp group
Old February 21, 2020, 05:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
Because of the unofficial BC Whatsapp group
Anyone is welcome to join the Group - it’s been running for over 2 years now.

Initially opened the WhatsApp Group when the server in BC Crashed and people couldn’t log in. There was chaos - especially when BC was attempted to upgrade, which sadly failed.

Please send me a PM if you wish to be part of the Group, we have over 30 members all from BC.
Old February 21, 2020, 09:51 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

So Ladies and gentlemen...We have found the reason for BC's death.Its SportingBD..Its because of SportingBD's conspiracy BC is dying. This so called member of BC had taken over 30 regular members from this site, and bribed them not to post here. (He is a multi millionaire so he can afford). I am demanding a severe exemplary punishment for his conduct..Amader dabi mantey hobe
Old February 21, 2020, 10:12 AM
Cricket Savant

I think as a genuine start, we should reach out to all old time posters and find out
1. first if they are still alive and then ask them come post again.
2. Unban all the old now banned but once highly active poosters and ask them to forgive us and request them to post again.
3. I will make a list of old the old posters that are banned and call them...we can split the calling responsibilities between a all the posters in this thread. I will give you everyone's numbers and some of their home addresses too. I have them.
Old February 21, 2020, 10:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
People don't believe me but I still think Russian takeover was inside job.
I believe you my dear Zee dosto! It is that Gabbard, I can't stand her! And that Moscoo Mitch! Those two I despise with all my dark poisoned heart!
Old February 21, 2020, 06:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Also Ashraful used to unite us, ok more like divide us but atleast kept the forum alive.
Old February 21, 2020, 06:21 PM
Cricket Savant

shumon dao R jokes tokes bolen na.... door R bhal lag a na

Old February 21, 2020, 06:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
shumon dao R jokes tokes bolen na.... door R bhal lag a na
Simone ki joke bolbey aar...Or matha-e nai chul...Simone tumar matha-i Taak porsey naki ei boyoshei, Ai Hai biye boshaitey amader koshto hobey...Tomar sasoori amader taka Joutuk ditey hobey...Tumi Mthai abar Gamchha bedhicho kene? Thanda lgsey naki tumar? Kof, kasha....tumeky dekhsley amar Agortola-er Shamsoo chachcha-er moton dekthey lagey...Uni jodio mara gechen (RIP) in the 70S.
Old February 21, 2020, 06:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Zeeshan, is that you in your avatar picture? Tumar chul dekhi paka shuru korechey...Khub beshi shangsharik Dushchinta + Tension koro naki? Beshi pereshaan tension korio naa dosto!
Old February 21, 2020, 06:33 PM
Cricket Savant

There is a good side of Banglacricket dying....at least akta Kool-khani othoba Chollishaa korley kichu khawa dawar bebostha kora jetco...et least ekta Chuto baksho mishti+Ponir Samoosa Ameertee after Milaad!
Old February 21, 2020, 06:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Zeeshan, is that you in your avatar picture? Tumar chul dekhi paka shuru korechey...Khub beshi shangsharik Dushchinta + Tension koro naki? Beshi pereshaan tension korio naa dosto!
That "you" in the avatar has enough money to drill a new one on you and me and the rest of BC-ites with a glue gun and get away with it.

In fact, that "you" learned Swahili in just 6 seconds. All he had to ask was "How much it costs?"

Old February 21, 2020, 06:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Why am I angry at this decline? I will give an answer why I opened this thread in the first place.

We need a platform guys, it is so important. We need a platform online to share our views as a collective, you guys mentioned youtube, facebook and twitter and I agree that there has been many new social media platforms and everyone is doing their sharing of opinions and there is a lot of opinions going around. But, everyone still reads and goes to Cricinfo for the latest and opinions, no-one refers to facebook comments. There is a reason, it is more of an official opinion or an expert opinion rather than just jodu modu kodu comment.

I still remember the time, when BC was in it's peak time, I still feel BC was at it's peak around 2015 and 2016 T20 WC. In the peak I remember we gave advice to the officials in BCB, like managers and coaches. I will even go on to say that in Asia cup we played 4 fast bowlers because of the opinions of the members here, it did happen. It wasn't thought of anywhere else but here, and what started of as an opinion and a thought became reality in the playing 11 in the national team. If that doesn't matter then I don't know what does. Check the match threads around that time.

I also need to mention when the decline started in my opinion, I remember I couldn't share my frustration of Taskin being banned here, it was just the sheer frustration of thinking if I really write what's on my mind that I will be banned here. It was a valid fear because I did see many members getting banned infront of my eyes in that case, and in many many cases like this. It had been happening for a long time and the moderators thought oh if one gone doesn't matter because another one will come. Guess what, if the same member came back with a different ID and even changed their views he would be still found out with IP address checks and banned.

I have to share these frustrations because the moderators have been nothing but obnoxious at most of the times in my opinion. IMO they are the reason, yes there are many reasons but they are the main reason for this site's decline.

Am I living in a fool's world to think that valid fan opinion pieces shouldn't exist online from a Bangladeshi cricket fans perspectives? This is a site for the fans and we should have a platform online to express everything we are feeling. Unfortunately, we only wanted to show the good side of ours and that in turn made this site feel muted, almost gagged.

Through this site also I have connected with many people who have given me such invaluable insights into cricket and more specifically bangladeshi cricket. We need this platform to discuss the upcoming cricketers and what's happening around Bangladesh cricket because guess what, I feel that it will contribute to the development of Bangladesh's cricket. I do strongly believe that. We just need to make it better with better moderators and better moderation.

The other point is that, and I also feel strongly about this. Cricinfo/Cricbuzz is just bullsh** imo.
Mohammed Islam maybe a dedicated reporter but his reports are nothing but one person's opinion and at times doesn't give any insights more than what we already know. A match report will tell only what happened on the field, if I wanted to know that Tamim hit 67 runs off 76 balls I would just read the scorecard and not his match report. There is just one reporter covering whole of BD cricket and at times it is just not enough, lacks in-depth analysis and lacks everything that makes a good insight into Bangladesh cricket. The biasedness of cricinfo and Cricbuzz is a sheer frustrating factor for me. I think Mohammed Islam also is heavily gagged there like we are here, in all I feel that this platform or another one if necessary is needed very much to share what we actually feel. It doesn't have to be right, we just need to express it. If Bangladeshis in future come up in the future with a cricketing news site like cricinfo then you can say it's not need but at this point of time Cricinfo/Cricbuzz belongs to a non-Bangladeshi point of view and at times even go at lengths to share anti-BD news.
Hashtag entitlement.

Old February 21, 2020, 06:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
That "you" in the avatar has enough money to drill a new one on you and me and the rest of BC-ites with a glue gun and get away with it.

In fact, that "you" learned Swahili in just 6 seconds. All he had to ask was "How much it costs?"
Haaa...arey bolu ki dosto! Hami tow koto Chollish bosur dhorey Das ist fist up mine Deutsch shiktesi...Kinto jei matro German mohila-der shamney jai shob gulai feli!
Old February 21, 2020, 06:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Wait Zee, is that our Mahmud chacha? FO rreal it is his photo? Sorry bhaiya!