facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old April 10, 2007, 02:40 PM
Club Cricketer

I hope both Ash and Aftab score good runs against England. It is becoming evident that whenever Ash and Aftab play well, BD win the game.

Old April 10, 2007, 02:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

can't wait. waiting for a good match
Old April 10, 2007, 02:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

It seems that the newly laid pitches gets slower as game progresses. We need to win the toss tomorrow and bat first to give our spinners a decent chance.
Old April 10, 2007, 02:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

It's getting into my blood, increasing my blood pressure. We Must Win Tomorrow. Can we do it?
Old April 10, 2007, 03:05 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
It's getting into my blood, increasing my blood pressure. We Must Win Tomorrow. Can we do it?
Bhai Jan shore rer proti jotno nian.... Pressure ta bara yan na.
Old April 10, 2007, 03:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Mushfiq or Bashar has to come first down. Mashrafee needs to become economical and take early wkts, he is not the same as he was against India.

England has Bell, KP, Colly, Nixon and Bopara with the bat as our danger man, with the bowl, it will be Freddie and Colly.
Old April 10, 2007, 03:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruja1810
Bhai Jan shore rer proti jotno nian.... Pressure ta bara yan na.
Thanks brother. Ei rokom choto bhai thakle ar chinta ki?
Old April 10, 2007, 03:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder
Mashrafee needs to become economical and take early wkts, he is not the same as he was against India.
I think he is not 100% fit. We saw him trying his best but still cannot deliver over 82/83 mps in the last few matches.
Old April 10, 2007, 03:36 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Thanks brother. Ei rokom choto bhai thakle ar chinta ki?
Chinta to apna ka ne aya Boro Bhai. Boish to kom holo na, tar poray abar pressure er khota ta bollan.

Last edited by ruja1810; April 10, 2007 at 03:47 PM..
Old April 10, 2007, 03:50 PM
Club Cricketer

Good article about Ashraful...

source: http://www.jaijaidin.com/details.php?nid=5625
Old April 10, 2007, 03:53 PM
Club Cricketer

The joy of cricket has moved south and east on the subcontinent

South Asian shuffle

Osman Samiuddin

April 10, 2007

The game has given them much, and the players from Sri Lanka and Bangladesh know that and are ready to give something back © AFP

The joy of cricket, the vitality of it, in the subcontinent has migrated southwards and eastwards. Whether it is a permanent shift or just temporary asylum can only be guessed but, as Karachi and Mumbai stand jaded, Colombo and Dhaka are set to sparkle.

How has this become the case? After all, the four teams share many traits. All have - or had until recently - foreign coaches; two have succeeded, two have failed and no new light is shed on an old debate.

And it isn't as if Sri Lanka Cricket and the Bangladesh Cricket Board are models of corporate and administrative virtue. No cricket board is perfect and those in the subcontinent, in particular, are less perfect than others.

Is it to do with the personnel for, as we are tiresomely reminded, talent fairly gushes out of every subcontinent galli and village? Perhaps age, and the blend of old with new, has a little to do with it, but it's not entirely that. Pakistan and Bangladesh had 12 players under 30 in their squads and three over, India 11 under and four over. Sri Lanka have a whopping six over 30. For experience in terms of matches, Sri Lanka are sandwiched between India and Pakistan, all well ahead of Bangladesh.

Instead, there is a feel about both teams, a sense captured equally through TV sets thousands of miles away and in stadiums where they've played. Suresh Menon and Rahul Bhattacharya have articulated in greater detail this vibrancy but how enamoured their players are with the game and only the game is clear. They are devoted to it, not in a dutiful sort of way but more beholden by it: the game has given them much, they know, and they have to give back to it, they also know.

In odd ways it reveals itself. In the dance of the elderly, for example: the oldest players in a line-up can often be the weakest links but, when needed, they can also be the strongest. Muttiah Muralitharan, Sanath Jayasuriya and Mohammad Rafique have not only scored and stopped runs and taken wickets when necessary, they have done it with the zest of men half their age and in their first internationals. The contrast with the sullenness emanating from Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Inzamam-ul-Haq and Mohammad Yousuf is stark.
Bangladesh and Sri Lanka have not only fielded better, they have enjoyed doing so much more. Jonty Rhodes says that fielding should be fun and watching these two, you see the wisdom of simple words

Most vividly it can be seen in the field. Efforts in batting and bowling are often slave to situation and circumstance; pitch and weather conditions, chasing a big total, defending a small one, the form of key players. Fielding largely operates outside these confines and so is often a more accurate indicator of a side's mood and health.

Bangladesh and Sri Lanka have not only fielded better, they have enjoyed doing so much more. Jonty Rhodes says that fielding should be fun and, watching these two, you see the wisdom of simple words. Conversely, Pakistan and India give the impression that fielding is as much fun as the ICC.

It's strange, in fact, how India and Pakistan resemble each other so. On the field, there has been a spooky sameness; results and performances in South Africa were nearly identical, the Champions Trophy and World Cup, both failures. Both batting line-ups struggle in alien conditions, as fielders both are poor and both leaders increasingly embattled and embittered. Both now rebuild.

Off it, they are cricket's Paris Hilton and Britney Spears. One, pure monied trash, influential for no other reason than having too much of it, the other straight-up trailer trash, cricket's true basket case. They are tabloid fodder, stumbling from one front page to another: religion, player factionalism, spats, coaching intrigues, politicking, doping and even possible murder. How much of the news that you have read about these two sides recently has been about their cricket?

Bangladesh seniors like Mohammad Rafique play as if in their first international, with much enthusiasm © AFP

In this world, how much could they have really enjoyed playing cricket when they know that failure, among other things, means hysterical reactions from fans and contract suspensions? Their love of the game shouldn't be questioned but they walk the field burdened, their cricket joyless. Bangladesh and Sri Lanka either have no burdens or they have managed to put them aside. They are floating in a rare time, in the midst of substantial development and progress and it shows.

It is inaccurate and hasty to talk of new standard-bearers. Sri Lanka were world champions ten years ago and have long been a top side. This is only Bangladesh's first creditable performance in a multi-nation event. Those are lofty questions not answered on the basis of even the biggest tournament of all. But clearly, on the subcontinent, these are the best of times and the worst of times

Osman Samiuddin is Pakistan editor of Cricinfo

source: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/colu...ry/289710.html
Old April 10, 2007, 04:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder
Forget about our bowling, our batsmen has to post 330+ runs against England, that should be their target going into the match. Look how South Africa scored only 36 some runs in first 10 overs and then ended up with 356, since our batting is not as great as South Africa we should at least post around 330+.
lol, nice logic.

I see some people in some of the Universities bench pressing 300+. Since you went to school also I would like you to bench press 250+.
Old April 10, 2007, 04:08 PM
First Class Cricketer

ধর এবার ফিরিঙ্গী্দের ধর।
মাইরা বিলাত পাঠায়া দিমু ইনশাল্লাহ।
Old April 10, 2007, 04:13 PM
Club Cricketer

Does anyone know if Frahad Reza is playing against England or BD is sticking to the same players?
Old April 10, 2007, 04:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Why not, if during the initial selection process I also got qualified to be in the same group level as those bench pressing 300+, I should be able to do it, otherwise I should not be in the same bracket like those uni guys. If I am in the same group and unable to bench press 250+, there will be questions as to how did I get into that group? was it based on my ability or some other crooked way??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
lol, nice logic.

I see some people in some of the Universities bench pressing 300+. Since you went to school also I would like you to bench press 250+.
Old April 10, 2007, 05:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

If we bat first, something around 270 will be good enough to defend. England always choke under pressure and our spinners will get them. However, we need put the runs on the board first.
Old April 10, 2007, 05:33 PM
Street Cricketer

Good luck BANGLADESH..!!

&.... If Bangladesh wins against England, My ever so growing resolutions (Made everyday anyway)... I’m going to DUMP my one night stand, this gori-english girl..!!

I promise you guys _ jay mia (Love you Bangladesh)

Last edited by jaymia; April 10, 2007 at 05:53 PM..
Old April 10, 2007, 05:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

story of 3 left hand spinners...

inverviewd by uthpo shubro....

http://www.prothom-alo.org/mcat.news...yMTM=&mid=OA==
Old April 10, 2007, 05:54 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

hmmm.
Old April 10, 2007, 06:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruja1810
Good article about Ashraful...

source: http://www.jaijaidin.com/details.php?nid=5625
Good. But why does all the journalists color their stories with a lot of flowery words and high emotion? These kind of pre-match hype and expectation creates issues for our young guns. I hope the team management prevents the kids from reading online BD newspapers at least the day before the match.
Old April 10, 2007, 06:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

14 hours to go. can't wait
Old April 10, 2007, 06:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Good luck to our beloved BD team; Hope we will not be disharten by you

The concern is whenever we expect,they disappoints us and whenever we are hopeless they make us proud.
Old April 10, 2007, 06:32 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
14 hours to go. can't wait
Ekto pore ghumabo, bisal ghum...........................................uth e khela dekha surooooo..
Old April 10, 2007, 06:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammed Ashraful

Key wickets are Strauss,Pieterson,Flintoff

Old April 10, 2007, 06:37 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

This is a very important game for us. Let's pray for the best. C'mon Bangladesh!!