facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 14, 2023, 01:12 PM
Test Cricketer

India gets home crowd basically in every single stadium out there. Even in Antartica I bet they will have decent crowds.
Old May 14, 2023, 12:52 PM
Cricket Savant

No wide, no ball or byes plz.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 14, 2023, 12:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Just curious... do we get penalized for slow over rate? 5 runs? lmao

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 14, 2023, 12:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

This is terrible crowd for Ireland. It's not right. Rubs me the wrong way. Home game should'n't have this type of crowd
Old May 14, 2023, 01:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
This is terrible crowd for Ireland. It's not right. Rubs me the wrong way. Home game should'n't have this type of crowd
I vaguely remember our crowd once outnumbered England supporters in England. I think it was during Champions Trophy 2017.
Old May 14, 2023, 12:54 PM
Test Cricketer

6 now will be icing on the cake.
Old May 14, 2023, 12:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Allhamdullilah. What a change up. Better captaincy better bowling by Fizz and Hassan
Old May 14, 2023, 12:59 PM
Cricket Guru

We found our pace quartet in Taskin, Fizz, Hasan, and Ebadot. Still have to find a fifth pacer though, given we have a long campaign ahead of us Asia Cup and World Cup combined.
Old May 14, 2023, 09:55 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
We found our pace quartet in Taskin, Fizz, Hasan, and Ebadot. Still have to find a fifth pacer though, given we have a long campaign ahead of us Asia Cup and World Cup combined.
I'll bet with you that hasan will be useless in ODI world cup pitches
Old May 15, 2023, 02:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
I agree with you but some immature people will argue oh he has won us a game against Ireland (not implying you are in the group of in the closet nut heads)
Old May 15, 2023, 11:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
I agree with you but some immature people will argue oh he has won us a game against Ireland (not implying you are in the group of in the closet nut heads)
But according to you everyone in the BD camp sucks.
Old May 15, 2023, 11:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
But according to you everyone in the BD camp sucks.
This coming from a guy who called this a meaningless series even before the Bangladesh team landed in the UK and that it wont be broadcasted.

Enough said
Old May 15, 2023, 11:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Unless he can get his speed up consistently around 137-140k, we have no doubt he can get a hammering at the WC.

However he seems like a smart bowler who doesn't need to rely on pace only.
Old May 14, 2023, 12:59 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Congratulations Bangladesh ! Although I find it a bit cringey that the deshi commentators hardly say anything positive about the opposition, especially when we consider that they are less experienced than us.
Old May 14, 2023, 01:00 PM
Cricket Legend

good captaincy by tamim this game.
Old May 14, 2023, 01:02 PM
Cricket Guru

I think Ireland played well but they don’t have the experience to finish the game. BD is still kind of like this.

Our culture also among the commies and fans don’t respect the opposition. We only know how to appreciate good for nothings like Yasir Ali and Rony too who take the odd catch
Old May 14, 2023, 01:06 PM
Cricket Guru

MOM should go to Fizz, MOS to Shanto.

Shanto has been practicing his bowling in nets for last few years. Glad to see he now has confidence to come and bowl during crunch times.
Old May 14, 2023, 01:23 PM
Cricket Guru

India must get a lot of support when and if playing in Pakistan
Old May 14, 2023, 01:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Why is Ireland playing in England?
ROI is not even part of the UK and is a completely different country. The matches should have been in Dublin.
Old May 14, 2023, 01:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
ROI is not even part of the UK and is a completely different country. The matches should have been in Dublin.
Hope you are well you tasty snack.

It’s to do with the weather although they weather in Chelmsford wasn’t great either.

But could also be partly strategic to get fans in. Don’t think the Irish turn up in masses like Bangladeshis, as the commie says only recently cricket is gaining more popularity
Old May 14, 2023, 05:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Hope you are well you tasty snack.

It’s to do with the weather although they weather in Chelmsford wasn’t great either.

But could also be partly strategic to get fans in. Don’t think the Irish turn up in masses like Bangladeshis, as the commie says only recently cricket is gaining more popularity

Hi, Adam bhai. Hope you are well too.
Cricket Ireland needs to have matches in their own country rather than think of profit. Otherwise, you will not have a fanbase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Without knowing much of geography and condition there, I think this is a better strategy. In US Soccer they do it all the time, deliberately make games in middle of no where (extreme cold weather), restrict tickets to certain long term groups as not to have foreign teams fans dominate. Because in USA you most certainly will find a stadium full of immigrant from any country in the world if u host matches in coastal cities. Fans get into verbal altercations all the time in US games when let's a Mexican cheering their heart against US in the US section. If US and BD played soccer, I would NOT support BD.
I am a USA soccer paid member for years now, chances of me getting a US game in USA is 10x higher than any immigrant looking for a ticket for a particular game against US.

Looking at the crowd i was thinking, i didn't know ireland have that many Bangaldeshis living there. Not all crowd is good crowd (thinking from hosts' pov). Also being in Ireland/England, Bangladeshis or whatever immigrant group should have a soft spot for their adopted country.

Ireland should have won this game. A better crowd perhaps could have made a difference. Players thrive on crowd cheering them on. BD fielding went up a notch toward the end...

Ireland is a different country. England / UK is a different country.
So, what has happened here is basically instead of playing a match in BD, the BD team have gone and played a match in Kolkata.

Those supporters are dodgy students from 2008 and then there is a new batch of dodgy students with wives and kids from 2021. Govt. er taka nai bhai. So, they opened the gates so that gullible deshis will coem ehre and pay for uni and then work and pay taxes for a few years and then they will be kicked out.
The original British Bangladeshis ( Syletis ) don't really give a damn about cricket or the BD team.
Old May 14, 2023, 11:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Those supporters are dodgy students from 2008 and then there is a new batch of dodgy students with wives and kids from 2021. Govt. er taka nai bhai. So, they opened the gates so that gullible deshis will coem ehre and pay for uni and then work and pay taxes for a few years and then they will be kicked out.
The original British Bangladeshis ( Syletis ) don't really give a damn about cricket or the BD team.
They stole from the whole world for generations and they still don't have enough money to make their country the best in the world? lol
Old May 15, 2023, 05:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
They stole from the whole world for generations and they still don't have enough money to make their country the best in the world? lol

Sadly, what govts. in the past have done is that they have let every dick and dom from all over the world come here and settle down. Deportation is not strongly enforced like the States as Human rights lawyers get involved and prevent even repeat rapists from being deported.
So, you find people from countries that were not part of the British empire have moved in to reap the benefits from the money looted by the empire from the commonwealth.
Now, there are limited jobs, limited houses but immigration keeps rising and then you let in refugees from Ukraine, HongKong, ( INSERT every country where there is a war ) or dangerous countries like Afghanistan / Syria / Iraq. Then. there's the thousands who have arrived on boats! The number of leechers is quite high compared to the number of taxpayers.
During COVID, the govt. paid 70% of you wages and many small companies invented staff and got hold of this money. Money was given away without checks and now the govt. has found out that billions have been lost.

All this affect prices of food, houses, rent, bills, etc. and wages and so this country is broke! I don't know why we supply Ukraine with weapons when we are broke!
Old May 15, 2023, 03:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Hi, Adam bhai. Hope you are well too.
Cricket Ireland needs to have matches in their own country rather than think of profit. Otherwise, you will not have a fanbase.

Ireland is a different country. England / UK is a different country.
So, what has happened here is basically instead of playing a match in BD, the BD team have gone and played a match in Kolkata.

Shingara Bhai I agree with you but sadly without profit in an economic crisis it is difficult to chose it over country's best interest.

I will say one thing about Sylethis from personal experience. all matched I have been to in the Champions tropy or World Cup, majority were British Sylethis by miles apart. Despite their bias against non Sylethis apart of their soul still relate themselves as Bangladeshis despite non Sylethis playing.
Old May 14, 2023, 01:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Without knowing much of geography and condition there, I think this is a better strategy. In US Soccer they do it all the time, deliberately make games in middle of no where (extreme cold weather), restrict tickets to certain long term groups as not to have foreign teams fans dominate. Because in USA you most certainly will find a stadium full of immigrant from any country in the world if u host matches in coastal cities. Fans get into verbal altercations all the time in US games when let's a Mexican cheering their heart against US in the US section. If US and BD played soccer, I would NOT support BD.
I am a USA soccer paid member for years now, chances of me getting a US game in USA is 10x higher than any immigrant looking for a ticket for a particular game against US.

Looking at the crowd i was thinking, i didn't know ireland have that many Bangaldeshis living there. Not all crowd is good crowd (thinking from hosts' pov). Also being in Ireland/England, Bangladeshis or whatever immigrant group should have a soft spot for their adopted country.

Ireland should have won this game. A better crowd perhaps could have made a difference. Players thrive on crowd cheering them on. BD fielding went up a notch toward the end...