facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 20, 2010, 11:22 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Hahahahahaha, arrey bhais...Sissy is my wife's daaknaam!!
hahahah bk vai!!..i hope ur wife doesn't find out this post!!

Old November 21, 2010, 04:58 AM

Mash

Why?
Answer is in Sissy Hatao thread.
Old November 21, 2010, 08:36 AM
Cricket Sage

oh ya sure Riyad is a SISSY now but didnt we have a thread about him a while back who praising how he had the balls to shut up B. Taylor behind the stumps.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old November 21, 2010, 08:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Rafi_
Ashraful once said he is not performing because of live telecast putting too much pressure on him. That must be a sissy attitude by him. But Sir Ash proved his bravery by slapping Jamal. But again girls like slapping.
he actually said that??!!??!!he didn't know that before he decided to play for the national team?
Old November 21, 2010, 02:25 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
oh ya sure Riyad is a SISSY now but didnt we have a thread about him a while back who praising how he had the balls to shut up B. Taylor behind the stumps.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
What? Lol, I don't think I was here back then. But saying shut up to someone isn't manly.

I wasn't talking about their "big shot mouth" manlyness. I was talking about their ability to play cricket - manlyness.

I should add Mash to that list.
Old November 21, 2010, 05:51 PM
ODI Cricketer

Who is the biggest sissy in Bangladesh cricket team?
None.
What is the biggest sissy thread in Banglacricket?
This one.

Old November 22, 2010, 12:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by ononto
Who is the biggest sissy in Bangladesh cricket team?
None.
What is the biggest sissy thread in Banglacricket?
This one.

Well said.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old November 22, 2010, 05:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Ehh, why is there so many sissy brand thread going around in BC? And Tbh I did not expect a poor thread like this from Zee ... anyways
Old November 22, 2010, 03:17 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ There should be one thread only, under ATMR's name. And he will hand out certificate to each sissy graduates, with Master's Deg.

Mash is leading the class of 10, with an A in No-Balls 403, and -A in Chicken $*%#
Old November 22, 2010, 04:14 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
^ There should be one thread only, under ATMR's name. And he will hand out certificate to each sissy graduates, with Master's Deg.

Mash is leading the class of 10, with an A in No-Balls 403, and -A in Chicken $*%#
and this is the most stinky post of this forum by far encouraging some bunch of idiots........anyway we all know empty vessels sound much
Old November 23, 2010, 03:45 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I think there are plenty of threads around for people who don't like this particular one...
if you don't post...the thread becomes cold...and goes under... so by keep coming in and saying this thread sucks..blah blah..u r actually keeping it busy...

Mehrab Hossain Jr...was another sissy kinda player... with Roquibulesque strike rates... he always killed the momentum created by his attacking partner....
Old November 23, 2010, 07:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Some people are born sissies while others are made into wimps through a careful process of sissification by a too-well paid, cynical negativist who never had the winner's mentality to break into the real squad himself, AND all those trying to impress him by playing like sissies whenever they hold a bat during PP in all levels of the game. I suppose one needs to find something of his inner sissy to be sissified in the first place, but all this is getting away from the thread topic of this EXCELLENT thread MashAllah.

ROK is neither a sissy nor has he been sissified as far as his guarantedious, alleged batting is concerned. He is devoid of basic talent and simply doesn't sight the ball early or well enough to know where he wants to hit it before it hits his bat. He blocks half volleys and full tosses like Rajin because that's all he can do with those. Whenever he premeditates that fugly agrosweep of his to get out of the inevitable trouble of his own making, he gives it up like a crack **.

That said, he is a drama queen of the highest order and needs to be bitchslapped into manhood if it were possible for the exceptionally tasty khashi from his neighboring Meherpur to reproduce. The infinitely more talented Alok is another of these moody, g'yaraimma emotional wrecks who should be discarded permanently from our collective psyche.

Imroze, Riyad and Nayeem were NOT born sissies but forged into the Wimpville trio they are today. The question of "nature versus nurture" is a mere technicality really, because it's the same old shite at the end of the day.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; November 23, 2010 at 07:37 PM..
Old November 24, 2010, 03:34 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

^^...that was an excellent overview of "sissysism"...
Old November 26, 2010, 06:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I've never thought of Ashraful as a sissy, but more of a loser who doesn't function too well mentally (not mentally challenged, he understands the game well but just has no mental-physical coordination). Up to this day, I considered him a loser, but now he's put the label on himself - he is a sissy.
Well analysed.
Old November 26, 2010, 07:50 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

I see that a lack of cricket has really gotten our creative juices flowing. Speaking of juices, Ash, Rok, Riyad, Naeem, Alok and a couple of others should definitely put a stop to the estrogen regimen they are in.
Old November 30, 2010, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Some people are born sissies while others are made into wimps through a careful process of sissification by a too-well paid, cynical negativist who never had the winner's mentality to break into the real squad himself, AND all those trying to impress him by playing like sissies whenever they hold a bat during PP in all levels of the game. I suppose one needs to find something of his inner sissy to be sissified in the first place, but all this is getting away from the thread topic of this EXCELLENT thread MashAllah.

ROK is neither a sissy nor has he been sissified as far as his guarantedious, alleged batting is concerned. He is devoid of basic talent and simply doesn't sight the ball early or well enough to know where he wants to hit it before it hits his bat. He blocks half volleys and full tosses like Rajin because that's all he can do with those. Whenever he premeditates that fugly agrosweep of his to get out of the inevitable trouble of his own making, he gives it up like a crack **.

That said, he is a drama queen of the highest order and needs to be bitchslapped into manhood if it were possible for the exceptionally tasty khashi from his neighboring Meherpur to reproduce. The infinitely more talented Alok is another of these moody, g'yaraimma emotional wrecks who should be discarded permanently from our collective psyche.

Imroze, Riyad and Nayeem were NOT born sissies but forged into the Wimpville trio they are today. The question of "nature versus nurture" is a mere technicality really, because it's the same old shite at the end of the day.
You make some valid points. A lot of people are arbitrarily throwing around adjectives here but this is probably one of the very few posts in this thread where someone has tried to make an argument for his choices.

IMO there's quite a bit that leads to someone being labeled a sissy, or at least there should be. One has to look for patterns of meek behavior over extended periods of time. Furthermore, it's important to distinguish between meek behavior in a social/private setting outside the subject's world of expertise - in this case cricket - and inside it. As a fan, it is my belief that what one does off the cricket pitch or when (s)he isn't talking about cricket is none of my business.

To prove a point about quietness and lack of venom in the vocabulary not implying sissiness, take SRT, the man who no one messes with; and I mean no one, except maybe for Glen McGrath, who by the way has earned immortality through greatness on the pitch. With every foot laid on the way up to the pitch, with every instance of taking guard, with every shot, every run scored, Sachin is a figure of authority, a whip-master who lets his whip do the whipping. You're probably one of the biggest mental cases out there in the Universe if you dare sledge him, unless of course you're Glen McGrath.

On that note, let's move on to the other aspect of sissiness - that of loserish behavior. Axiom: Sissiness implies loserdom, but loserdom does not imply sissiness.

To prove this, let's move on to the man Sachin resorts to in times of Hilsa shortages. Mohammad Ashraful, in all his seemingly sissy-esque grandeur, has always stood out to me as a loser and not a sissy. His recent comments about feeling down when we needed 19 off the last 2 overs to win gold notwithstanding, he does possess two traits, lacking which would brand him as a sissy: hard work and determination. The fact that the disconnect between his understanding of the game and his execution is larger than the gap between Akram Khan's bat and pad (or his waist line, not sure which is wider) indicates loserish behavior and not sissiness.

Going back to searching for patterns of meek behavior, let's walk down the memory lane and give ourselves a refresher. Over the last half year or so, which players have remained content with losing? Who took off crying when dropped due to fitness and performance issues? Who loathes gym-work? Who swallowed bitter words from a hairless teenager wearing polka dotted underwear on the cricket pitch? The answers will tell you why I've been unhappy with some of our players in recent times, even if I think they could become assets to our team given they're *whipped* right.

There really is no place for sissiness in international cricket. There wasn't even back in the days when cricket was a much slower sport. Look at the Aussies, Indians and South Africans - they win because they have the right attitude. Well most of them, because once in a while you still have accidents of nature hopping down the pitch shaking their unattractive booties, throwing their limbs around and shrieking like creatures that usually inhabit trees out in the wild.
Old November 30, 2010, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Going back to the original question in the OP, Aftab Ahmed and Raqibul Snr are my picks.
Old December 1, 2010, 01:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Agree 100% with the content and spirit of Asif's poignant post. It is indeed important to differentiate amongst the sissy, the loser and the plain old stupid. As the AAA go, while Motin is plain old stupid and Alok is undoubtedly a loser, Aftab is actually all three and deserves a unique epithet of his own.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 1, 2010, 02:39 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Anamul Haq Moni Ashoka the Second. The biggest sissy of the sissies of all time.

He can't say ''not out''. If you appeal long enough, he will give in.

/Closed
Old December 1, 2010, 02:41 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

oh wow. nvm Siddique just claimed his spot again. He is scared of some lanky kid named Mpufu!
Old December 1, 2010, 05:26 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Expletives coming up later in the morning. These suckers aren't worth it at this ungodly hour.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old December 1, 2010, 11:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

the biggest sissy,that's a easy one,everyone except iceman