facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old March 1, 2007, 04:03 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Napoleon Einstein

Saqibal proves that bangladesh has incredibly talented players, i mean the guy isnt even 20 yet. Bangladesh is like the China of cricket, i can see them in 5-10 years when ashraful etc are in the late 20's early 30's a team which will be as good as any other in the world. You have to remember how young most of these guys are, when you look at most of the other teams the players are making their debut's in the late 20's. You have to give players like tamim iqbal a chance he is only 17, most people in new zealand are still playing club cricket for their high schools at that age. I can see saqibal as a pivotal player in the Bangladeshi line up for years to come, The team needs a few people who can just learn to play the balls as they come and not get frustrated if they dont score for 3-4 balls. Just remember how far the team has come they only made their world cup debut in 1999.

Old March 1, 2007, 04:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillypoint
Oh those Sakib haters....where art thou
Anyways, both Shahadat and Taposh showed why they should not be included in the final team. The commentators also pointed out the the lack of our fielders ability to throw the ball to the wk with power - they said that maybe BD players lacked arm strength. Oh, do we have vegeterians!
It was nice to see how the team came back - at one point it seemed hopeless for us.

Now if you are thinking about dropping one spinner who should that be? Razzaque or Rafiq?
it would be silly to leave out shahadat and bring rasel...its true rasel is more economic than shahadat but he lacks penetration power and shahadat is more good at it...just differentiate rasel and shahadat's performance against stronger teams...u wil see shahadat is far more successful than rasel...we need some aggression from one side and containment from the other side which mashrafe wil offer...shahadat played yesterday recovering from n injury...and look at the scorecard...except sakib who else has been economical?razzak got a hammering too with rafiq...it would really be a stupid thing to raise question about shahadat's ability.no doubt mashrafe and shahadat is still the best pair bangladesh have right now in the fast bowling department.

Last edited by hoodlum; March 1, 2007 at 04:13 AM..
Old March 1, 2007, 07:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

Canada is not a bad team after all. It has some experienced players from test playing countries like WI, NZ and England. Some play county cricket. It was a face saving win but all those extras made no sense. I thought we needed to win convincingly. That did not happen in this series.
Old March 1, 2007, 10:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Kaiser bhai, bujhlam to. Bar bar keno eki kotha bolchen :p
Old March 1, 2007, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir

...record ketey giyeche je...tai!!!!!!!!!!!
Old March 1, 2007, 12:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Last edited by hoodlum; March 1, 2007 at 12:18 PM..
Old March 1, 2007, 12:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Old March 1, 2007, 12:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
I guess it's a proven but old strategy.... when you start repeating the same thing again and again... people start believing what you are saying.

Now coming back to the topic:

Here is my feeling about these game:

Batting:
- Not worried about SN

- Tamim (i.e 2nd Opener) is a BIG BIG concerned. It was a risk taken by selectors. They took the decision too late in the game about the 2nd Opener. And now they have to stick with that. Now suddenly bringing Gullu and in some way Rajin will bring new risks in its own. So I see no way out (of the problem) eitehr way.

- Not too worried about Aftab. We know what we get from Aftab. quick 30+ runs and anything is plus. But there will be days when SN is out quickly and suddenly we are three wicket down (Tamim and Aftab). That’s why Skaib @4 is so important.

- Sakib @ #4 is pretty much set for the WC

- Glad to see that Bashar is back in form. My only complain is Bashar should have accelerated his RR when he was set. Looks like he is too much depended on his 4s and not his 1s and 2s.

- What a relief to see some runs from Ash. I hope he continue to do so in near future. He played exactly what he is supposed to do @ #6. Ash and his fans should stop complaining about his batting slot and start adapting to his new assigned role. If he is successful in his #6 role, at some point, opportunity to bat @ #5 will come (bad performance by Bashar or his retirement). And that’s what Ash should shoot for: contributing constantly whenever he is required to do so.

- I think overall batting wise they kind of under performed. It was a small field and a batting field. I don't know how the wicket was behaving in the early hours. However I feel they should have scored 20 more runs.

Bowling:
- Only positives are Mashrafee is back and good bowling by Sakib
- Shahadat is kind of under performing for a while. That opens up the issue of who should be the 2nd FB for this WC?
- For a while Rafiq is kind of below per compared to his own high standard. Still he is good enough. But raises a question: is age becoming a factor in his diminishing performance?
- I was hoping a little better performance by Razzak. May be I am spoiled by his recent performance.

Fielding:
- Looks like we slipped a bit and didn't played to our capability. That’s a concern.
- Rahim was not at his best. At least that what I hope is the case. Otherwise it will be a long term concern.
Old March 1, 2007, 01:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Bowling:
- Only positives are Mashrafee is back and good bowling by Sakib
- Shahadat is kind of under performing for a while. That opens up the issue of who should be the 2nd FB for this WC?
shahadat is the best available option right now for bangladesh...he should be there.