facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old February 20, 2006, 09:32 AM
ODI Cricketer

It's us who spoiled the show.Our brainless batters are making the same mistakes, they have been making for a LONG time.

When will they learn how to stay in the middle and play????

here are some observations

Rajin in the opening SLOT ,selectors must be kidding??

Changing batting lineup

Batting First ,what they were thinking ??

Slopping fieldings

NOW WE CAN BLAME FOR OUR LONG LAYOFFS

Edited on, February 20, 2006, 2:43 PM GMT, by CricTiger.

Old February 20, 2006, 10:03 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Also, the catch that Pilot dropped, it was a sitter. Came straight to him, but Pilot looked like he was in a trance or something ... too slow. - Time to remind Pilot that Mushfiqur Rahim is on his way?

Yes, I think SL did badly towards the end to win by 5 wickets. BD can take this as a positive. - SL did not do badly - they are just getting more and more careless against us - I just hope that our players can take advantage of this in the next few games.
Old February 20, 2006, 10:56 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

:tiger:

Ei matchta pura faltu chilo.

Reminded me of the times when we expected nothing from our team and didn't even bother to know the match scores.

Let's do some match analysis now:

WE WON THE TOSS AND CHOSE BATTING? Hmm...... guys, remember that "we should get a new captain" thread by me???
This is where it applies.

Our bowling department is our strongest point. Only if the bowlers build the platform , then only our batsmen play well.
Has Bashar mia still not learnt this?

Where's Javed Omar? Only Omar bhai and Nafees should be openers. WE DONT WANT Rajin as opener! What were they thinking!

Aftab should be at no. 5. Send in more experienced batsman duo like Bashar and Ashraful at 3 and 4.

I was surprised that Shujon bhai was taken in the team. Well, ..... oh.... I think it's last game of International cricket.
But whatever, he played the best. I think its a fitting farewell.

I dont like Alok but he did pick up a wicket and did get his score to double figures.

Masharfe and Rasel were however a superb choice and they are indeed a tremendous duo.

And why was Razzak used? He aint a special bowler even!

Didn't get to watch the match today but thinking of watching it free or pay for it for the 2nd game.

If batsman had scored at least 200, we could have won. Bowlers did well. Batsmen let us down .... as usual ! lol

Btw, the suggested lineup for the next game should be:

1 JAVED OMAR
2 SHAHRIAR NAFEES
3 ASHRAFUL
4 HABIBUL BASHAR
5 AFTAB AHMED
6 KHALED MASHUD
7 RAFIQUE
8 NAZMUL HOSSAIN
9 MASHRAFE MORTAZA
10 SYED RASEL

This should get us a win........ ( I think)

End of match analysis.................................
Old February 20, 2006, 10:59 AM
Street Cricketer

Well Srilanka may have won by only 5 wickets but it was still a hammering basically whether you like it or not. When will Bangaldesh ever beat Srilanka - probably never as Bangladesh will be stripped off their Test Spot just like Zimbabwe should be!
Old February 20, 2006, 11:01 AM
Street Cricketer

Cant wait for the next 2 ODIs when Srilanka end up winning 3-0 AGAIN! Then its off to the Test Matches where Muralitharan will return and I guess they won't even reach 118 when he's back!
Old February 20, 2006, 11:02 AM
Street Cricketer

Cant wait for the next 2 ODIs when Srilanka end up winning 3-0 AGAIN! Then its off to the Test Matches where Muralitharan will return and I guess they won't even reach 118 when he's back!
Old February 20, 2006, 11:02 AM
Street Cricketer

Old February 20, 2006, 11:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Darwin
Tell me mate, is hard getting through your daily life with everyone pointing and staring at that knob on your head?
Old February 20, 2006, 12:02 PM
Club Cricketer

Darwin, whether you are SLn ot a Bangladeshi, you should not forget how SL lost to other sides in the 1980's.
What BD is going through is the same situation.
Old February 20, 2006, 12:09 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Darwin
DARWIN,WHAT is the rush?You keep posting the same thing again and angain and again.

You want a good discussion then wait for people's reply first and then talk.

Looks like you want to beat the drum by yourself no matter what other people says

Calm down and be patient
Old February 20, 2006, 06:47 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

the ultimate result probably doesnt tell the real story, as the last couple of wickets had no effect on the game, and the Lankans did infact had a fairly easy time to chase down a meagre target as that.

But the way our players batted was nothing less than irresponsible for the most part (yes, irresponsible, yet again...) and THAT is very alarming after this long layoff from international cricket. I personally was very confident of a much more polished and matured batting performance.
Old February 21, 2006, 01:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
Also, the catch that Pilot dropped, it was a sitter. Came straight to him, but Pilot looked like he was in a trance or something ... too slow. - Time to remind Pilot that Mushfiqur Rahim is on his way?

Yes, I think SL did badly towards the end to win by 5 wickets. BD can take this as a positive. - SL did not do badly - they are just getting more and more careless against us - I just hope that our players can take advantage of this in the next few games.
The last 3 wickets of SL fell because they knew the match was already won and were just trying to hit out and finish things off early. You can't count those wickets, really. If one says that had Bangladesh got 180 or so there would have been a match I'd just rubbish it. Had Bangladesh got 180, Sri Lanka would have taken things differently. In spite of 5 wickets, SL won the match with 25 overs to spare. The whole match itself was harldy more than 60 overs. So give credit to Sri Lanka (though I'm not a fan of theirs !!!) -they beat Bangladesh easily, comprehensively and completely humiliated them. IF you still don't know that you havwe a BIG problem.

If you don't face facts, you can't improve.

I am wondering if Whatmore and the psychologists are of any use in the present structure of Bangladeshi cricket. 05 months of wilderness, playing useless, sub-standard cricket and then this. The intelligent people of Bangladesh deserve more than this.