facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 7, 2016, 11:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

We need to cut the tail short. Drop Mosharraf and bring Nasir. Why do we need another SLA when we have shakib and few other spinners. Nasir himself is fairly good bowler who is even better batsmen with even better fielding to show for.
And what's wrong with tail end batting? Don't they get to bat in the nets at all? They look like they have never held a bat before. Gone are the days where teams can be successful with players with one skillset. Our batting coach needs to spend more time with them.

Old October 7, 2016, 11:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Baseerah
During the series against Afghanistan that ended this week, Bangladesh lost 7 for 62 (first ODI), 7 for 54 (second ODI) and 6 for 67 (third ODI). The spans varied between nine to more than 20 overs but whatever the timeline, as collapses usually do, they quickly put them under pressure from a position of strength and comfort.
Its because our tail does jack these days.
Old October 7, 2016, 11:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Does holding on to catches relate with common sense?
Old October 8, 2016, 12:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Kee ar bolbo......
Old October 8, 2016, 12:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Does holding on to catches relate with common sense?
Having team filled with subpar fielders does.

Taskin, Mosharraf both are poor fielders.

Mashrafe, Saikat, Imrul and Riad are fairly decent.

Tamim and Shakib are quite good.

Soumya, Sabbir and Nasir are excellent.
Old October 8, 2016, 01:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Mosharraf Rubel shouldn't be near the team anymore, although I was excited of his inclusion but after seeing him few matches he doesn't belong to this level anymore.

By the way the way Tamim approached yesterday it was freaking shock to me. How a guy playing at this level for many years played like a newbies, his body language his approach from the ball one to go! pathetic just pathetic. How can he lost his common sense.
Players like him should easily get boudaries just with proper shots with timing, not from blind slogging and blocking If these issues remain within these players like Tamim, Shakib, Musfiq, Riyadh then I don't see our next generation will learn anything from this bunch.
Old October 8, 2016, 02:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Shakib, Tamim, Mushy, Riad never had guidance from anyone to begin with so its difficult for them to become ideal role models just about yet.

So called seniors had left for ICL when team was in dire straits. Kapali, Nafees, Bashar(retired tho), Rafique, MH Rubel. STMR were alone in the wilderness, with nobody left to guide them. They had excellent coaches but no real support from seniors which is why they never could develop their game. That level of maturity never really developed. I am sure that all 4 of them, have 7-9 more years of cricket left in them which is a lot of time and they can still use these years to stamp their authority and to nurture our young batsman.

The Shantos, Mirazes, Zakirs, Saikats, Pinaks, Littons, Tazims, Fizzes will learn from them when the time comes. They will learn from the excellent coaches BCB can now afford. They can learn from playing but more importantly winning against quality oppositions. They can learn from sharing the dressing room with world class players in the BPL. These people will then finally form an excellent set of world class player Bangladesh can bank on. I am still hopeful that the day will come. Perhaps not now, but in 3 years. Amen.
Old October 8, 2016, 02:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Our fielding has gone to the dogs. And We know Mushfiq is the most unreliable wicket keeper.

We were already handicapped picking Mosharaf and didn't have Fizz in the bowling department. Imo shaiful is a garbage bowler he occasionally bowls a good delivery. Taskin can't change his delivery when batsman coming down pitch or moving.

I think Kayes was lucky to have scored his 100 making really poor shots in his first 20 runs.

I think if it wasn't for Shakib's last burst we wouldn't have got this far. So I think they did quite well to get so close.

Mahmadullah and Mushfiq hasn't learnt from their mistakes playing India.
Old October 8, 2016, 02:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Shakib, Tamim, Mushy, Riad never had guidance from anyone to begin with so its difficult for them to become ideal role models just about yet.

So called seniors had left for ICL when team was in dire straits. Kapali, Nafees, Bashar(retired tho), Rafique, MH Rubel. STMR were alone in the wilderness, with nobody left to guide them. They had excellent coaches but no real support from seniors which is why they never could develop their game. That level of maturity never really developed. I am sure that all 4 of them, have 7-9 more years of cricket left in them which is a lot of time and they can still use these years to stamp their authority and to nurture our young batsman.

The Shantos, Mirazes, Zakirs, Saikats, Pinaks, Littons, Tazims, Fizzes will learn from them when the time comes. They will learn from the excellent coaches BCB can now afford. They can learn from playing but more importantly winning against quality oppositions. They can learn from sharing the dressing room with world class players in the BPL. These people will then finally form an excellent set of world class player Bangladesh can bank on. I am still hopeful that the day will come. Perhaps not now, but in 3 years. Amen.
hear you bro.

kintu janen kostota tokhoni lagsilo jokhon dekhlam amader opening batsmander manoshikta tader khelar approachta, amar kase kemon jani mone hoilo tamim er khela dekhe she bujate chaisilo oi stokes, butler ra jevabe khele ami kom kise. kintu tamim ke bujte hobe se butler stokes der cheye o valo batsman, sei jonnoi tho take khelte hobe tactically, stokes butler ra ki korlo seta niye matha na ghamiye khelata sesh obdhi amra kevabe jitbo seita vebei khela. tajole team jitlo stokes, butler ra harlo. ekhon amader playerra maje maje emon vabe khela shuru kore mone hoy bujate chaise oi shalara ki pare ami dekhatesi ami ki or cheye kom pari, ar etei nijer ebong team er bipod deke ana.
Old October 8, 2016, 02:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Our fielding has gone to the dogs. And We know Mushfiq is the most unreliable wicket keeper.

We were already handicapped picking Mosharaf and didn't have Fizz in the bowling department. Imo shaiful is a garbage bowler he occasionally bowls a good delivery. Taskin can't change his delivery when batsman coming down pitch or moving.

I think Kayes was lucky to have scored his 100 making really poor shots in his first 20 runs.

I think if it wasn't for Shakib's last burst we wouldn't have got this far. So I think they did quite well to get so close.

completely agree with you concerning kayes, he was throwing his bat on every ball without any controll in his 50 runs and all were legside one dimensional shots.

safiul was much better then we expected, he was not that bad as you are saying. he took wickets with own performance not with luck. he may ball one tow bad deliveries so does taskin in most cases.
Old October 8, 2016, 02:27 AM
Cricket Legend

@shaan bro

I am hurt, we all are hurt. Tamim hurt me, Mushy and Riad hurt me like the Bengaluru match once again, our bottom half batsman hurt me.

Unfortunately, as fans, all we can do is keep getting hurt and hope that one day, things will improve. I know it will. And the worst part is, the rest of the world will laugh at our slow progress but we still need to shut our ears to stop hearing what the naysayers have to say. They don't want us to do well. They want us to become negative. They want us to lose hope so that we stop going to the stadium and support the boys. That's why, let us endure the pain for life goes on and there must still be light at the end of the tunnel. I promise you that atleast.

MMW, we will be a top team one-day.
Old October 8, 2016, 02:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
completely agree with you concerning kayes, he was throwing his bat on every ball without any controll in his 50 runs and all were legside one dimensional shots.

safiul was much better then we expected, he was not that bad as you are saying. he took wickets with own performance not with luck. he may ball one tow bad deliveries so does taskin in most cases.
Shaiful was better than we expected that's true. But Shaiful at his pace lacks control, which I think is not good enough at this level. I would prefer Al Amin in his place.

Taskin has just come back after rectifying his bowling. I think he can get better with time.
Old October 8, 2016, 08:47 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu

tbh we should just accept the fact now that most of our players(in fact our countrymen not just the players) are just unable to learn from previous mistakes
Old October 8, 2016, 08:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
tbh we should just accept the fact now that most of our players(in fact our countrymen not just the players) are just unable to learn from previous mistakes
Sad truth.
Old October 9, 2016, 01:59 AM

On a serious note, team needs a sports psychologist - permanent. Nowadays, this has become a norm in all team sports.
Old October 9, 2016, 02:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
On a serious note, team needs a sports psychologist - permanent. Nowadays, this has become a norm in all team sports.
Already got that
Old October 9, 2016, 05:08 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Tamim today AGAIN and Shabbir joined him too.

I get it was hard to score runs early on but they never look to rotate instead coming down the track and missing it :/-
Old October 9, 2016, 05:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Our no.3 is cursed, whoever you slot in will forget how to rotate strike.
Old October 9, 2016, 05:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Lack of common sense is displayed by picking a batsman at no. 3 who can't rotate the strike and hold back riad or mushy
Old October 9, 2016, 05:28 AM
Test Cricketer

All these rebuildings r pointless. Today We aren't going to score more than 210/220 for sure and England will chase it down within 35 overs.
Old October 9, 2016, 06:22 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Riyad does it again.

Got 4 runs playing a sweep. Next delivery tries the same and gets out against a leggie

Etto bolod Ken re bhais?
Old October 9, 2016, 06:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
Riyad does it again.

Got 4 runs playing a sweep. Next delivery tries the same and gets out against a leggie

Etto bolod Ken re bhais?
He didn't try the sweep. He tried the paddle which was rather successful off late

This happens.

Mosha ofcourse should not have gone over the top
Old October 12, 2016, 05:37 AM
Cricket Legend

If you see Kohli bat, he ll get a boundary early in the over (Provided its a bad ball), then he ll rotate strike, or even block or leave one.

I cant understand our batsman. They hit a six and then also try to hit the next one and get caught.

Common sense issue indeed!
Old October 12, 2016, 07:21 AM
Cricket Legend

I think that delivery was there to be hit, but not on the off side. A rank long hop should only be Pulled or Cut, what was Riad trying to do with a extra cover drive.

Poor shot selection and execution as well.