facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 23, 2012, 12:13 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim, Sakib, Hashim Amla
Default Syed Russel

Where is he this guy? Why isn't he playiing? I thought he was a good bowler. Is he dead?

Old March 23, 2012, 12:17 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

he is alive, played few matches for DR but didnt look in good touch and was dropped

Dont think he will change our fortunes but def. a bowler who can be handy in subcontinental conditions
Old March 23, 2012, 12:27 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

anyone would have been better than shahadat. syed rasel, sajedul islam, talha jubair,alauddin babu, farhad reza, kamrul islam, mokhtar hossain etc

shahadat is the one of the player--none of the BPL team bid for.along with rokibul but he got selected in asia cup and main XI
Old March 23, 2012, 01:21 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah

shahadat is the one of the player--none of the BPL team bid for.along with rokibul but he got selected in asia cup and main XI
We are obsessed with the need for extra pace. Even if you look at shafiul or rubel, they seriously lack penetration where as every time somebody like nazmul or mash plays they pick up wickets. Yet Nazmul doesn't get picked because he doesn't "look" threatening enough and Mash gets written off because he lost a bit of pace.
Old March 23, 2012, 02:39 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
We are obsessed with the need for extra pace. Even if you look at shafiul or rubel, they seriously lack penetration where as every time somebody like nazmul or mash plays they pick up wickets. Yet Nazmul doesn't get picked because he doesn't "look" threatening enough and Mash gets written off because he lost a bit of pace.
I agree with this.

But I have to say Jamie must shoulder some criticism on this one. He didn't play Syed Rasel or Nazmul because they "lacked pace" to be effective. Whilst I was there he also said that no one outside of the squad of 16 he assembled when I arrived was worth looking at.

If this sort of feeling permeates down from the top, then those underneath and in the board room are going to start believing such nonsense. It is thus no wonder that players, who can do a swing or seam bowling job for Bangladesh, get discarded and overlooked.

Although I coach speed into bowlers, speed isn't the meal ticket into any international side unless it comes with some sort of control. I recall Shaun Tait for example, bowling 150 kph plus for county side Durham one season in England, and getting smashed to all parts of the ground because his control was so poor. The same happened to a young, 19 year-old Dale Steyn at Essex before he had corrective coaching. In Richard Hadlee's book, he himself said much the same thing about trying to bowl fast without control and getting smoked.

There is no problem with being quick or being medium pace. the problem comes when you are not accurate and give easy hits away.

After the Asia Cup, I think everyone now understands how important that is.
Old March 23, 2012, 03:58 AM
Banned

OP, you are right! Where is Syed Rasel. The thing is after Rubel and Shafiul came, we just forgot all about him.

Remember the times before Mash got injured and was out for a year ... Rasel used to ball tight and create pressure and Mash used to pick up wickets becuase of this pressure in the next over.

I agree Rasel isn't fast but he still balls decently and needs to be considered in our pace pool. I can not udnerstand at all why Shahadat was brought back to ODI. I thought we had left him out for good and he was only going to play Tests?