facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 23, 2014, 07:03 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Shakib: We are better

http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/s...nfidence-47164

Says we're better at batting and bowling...on talent sure, but on performance we can only say we're better at batting and spin bowling. Their seamers have so far danced circles around ours.

Good to see our slump in form hasn't inhibited the cocky pre-series comments, lol.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 23, 2014, 09:44 PM
Cricket Guru

shuru hoiche boro kotha..
i think Zimb spinners doing more better than ours and you will see in the test
kothai na boro hoye kaje boro hobe kobe
Old October 23, 2014, 10:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Kotha kom bolia..kaje dekao. Kagojer baag hoe lav ki..
Old October 23, 2014, 10:25 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Needless comment.
Old October 24, 2014, 12:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

ei, chil'a kan niye gasey. (ek jon)

Shotti? shotti? koi? koi? hmmm!! Oito monay hoi. ami dekhtey pacchi. (so far --- char jon)
Old October 24, 2014, 01:56 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

normally i would echo the sentiments shared by you guys above but I sort of like his comeback. I know for sure that if not others but Shakib will comeback strong in this series. He is hungry for revenge, he would cease every opportunity to shut the critiques down. And knowing Shakib... he alone can win it...... just need the desire, the effort, the hunger
Old October 24, 2014, 05:09 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

so what did you want him to say? "no, Zim are better on paper than us ! " ?
why would he lie?
Old October 24, 2014, 05:55 AM
Cricket Legend

He spoke the truth. Now he and the team will prove it on the pitch

Btw anyone info on broadcast in South Asia?
Old October 24, 2014, 09:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

No doubt we are better than them . We will prove it in test series.
Old October 24, 2014, 10:26 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/s...nfidence-47164

Says we're better at batting and bowling...on talent sure, but on performance we can only say we're better at batting and spin bowling. Their seamers have so far danced circles around ours.

Good to see our slump in form hasn't inhibited the cocky pre-series comments, lol.
fans are cocky too. whitewash niye thread o open hoye gese.
Old October 24, 2014, 11:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
fans are cocky too. whitewash niye thread o open hoye gese.
Correction: TigerWash!

That was my thread! As someone pointed out...was no option of ZIM winning the series. Yes, fans are just like the players. Kono din shikka hobe na.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 24, 2014, 12:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Stupid comments IMO.

The goal of a press conference isnt to get the other team riled up.

This has happened a lot tbh, should be giving your players PR training

A lot of confidence here about this series, yes Zim are weak away but they've beaten Aus and Pak recently, Bangladesh havent even won a game against a full member this year. No reason for such confidence IMO and this just illustrates the general idea here that the players have a seriously inflated egos
Old October 24, 2014, 01:11 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
Stupid comments IMO.

The goal of a press conference isnt to get the other team riled up.

This has happened a lot tbh, should be giving your players PR training

A lot of confidence here about this series, yes Zim are weak away but they've beaten Aus and Pak recently, Bangladesh havent even won a game against a full member this year. No reason for such confidence IMO and this just illustrates the general idea here that the players have a seriously inflated egos
That's why context and reading the full statement is important. Shakib said "On paper Bangladesh is a better team than visiting Zimbabwe" and then again "We will not face this kind of problem on home soil and I think on paper we are the better team. We are better in batting and both spin and fast bowling. But they may have an edge in the fielding department". He emphasized that in home conditions we are a better team and even acknowledged that Zim may be better in fielding.

Similar story in a different newspaper (Dhaka Tribune) -- Shakib believes they are “comparatively better than Zimbabwe in batting and bowling department”

So there was more than just "WE ARE BETTER" period.
Old October 24, 2014, 01:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
That's why context and reading the full statement is important. Shakib said "On paper Bangladesh is a better team than visiting Zimbabwe" and then again "We will not face this kind of problem on home soil and I think on paper we are the better team. We are better in batting and both spin and fast bowling. But they may have an edge in the fielding department". He emphasized that in home conditions we are a better team and even acknowledged that Zim may be better in fielding.

Similar story in a different newspaper (Dhaka Tribune) -- Shakib believes they are “comparatively better than Zimbabwe in batting and bowling department”

So there was more than just "WE ARE BETTER" period.
I Added my own sensationalist flair to it. after all our buddy Donnie might have egg on his face after we sweep ZIM. Foreigners have to realize that while we haven't beaten anyone this year we've actually thrown away several victories and have played well enough to have a winning record. It would be remiss to forget that in all internationals, Ireland have been dominated 7-2 by our pompous tigers.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 24, 2014, 02:56 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
I Added my own sensationalist flair to it. after all our buddy Donnie might have egg on his face after we sweep ZIM. Foreigners have to realize that while we haven't beaten anyone this year we've actually thrown away several victories and have played well enough to have a winning record. It would be remiss to forget that in all internationals, Ireland have been dominated 7-2 by our pompous tigers.
Lol, I think Ban will win the series dont get me wrong, but I dont like seeing people getting cocky when there really isnt much reason to, from a neutral standpoint at least.

Zimbabwe have a pretty strong batting unit and a competent bowling one, so I cant understand why they're being written off so readily here. The pressure is all on you guys to get back to winning ways and show that you're not the worst test team. Zimbabwe dont have too much pressure IMO, as very few expect them to do much and even if they lose they still have some excellent home results to back them up. They have nothing to lose, Bangladesh could lose a lot if this series goes wrong.

The thing is, playing well and losing ultimately means very little, and while obviously Bangladesh arent as bad as the results would suggest, a loss is still a loss.

7-2. 3 of those were in 2008 when we were amateur, and another 3 in the t20 series that could have gone either way in fairness.

I look forward to the series, should be some exciting cricket on show.
Old October 24, 2014, 03:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sean Williams

Well if thats the case theres no point us turning up tomorrow
Old October 24, 2014, 03:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Lol, I think Ban will win the series dont get me wrong, but I dont like seeing people getting cocky when there really isnt much reason to, from a neutral standpoint at least.

Zimbabwe have a pretty strong batting unit and a competent bowling one, so I cant understand why they're being written off so readily here. The pressure is all on you guys to get back to winning ways and show that you're not the worst test team. Zimbabwe dont have too much pressure IMO, as very few expect them to do much and even if they lose they still have some excellent home results to back them up. They have nothing to lose, Bangladesh could lose a lot if this series goes wrong.

The thing is, playing well and losing ultimately means very little, and while obviously Bangladesh arent as bad as the results would suggest, a loss is still a loss.

7-2. 3 of those were in 2008 when we were amateur, and another 3 in the t20 series that could have gone either way in fairness.

I look forward to the series, should be some exciting cricket on show.
Bottom line is this 2012-13 we had a 9-5 record against G8 sides. I think 2 years and 14 games weighs more than 1 year and 9 games. Sure we lost to Afghanistan, India A, and HK. But no one cares about T20, the team had no intention of winning that game as they played for the RR. Of course that's inferiorating but facts are facts.

As for 2008, Ireland had Eoin Morgan in the side...amateur or pro, he still played Tests for England shortly thereafter. I think most of your side had county experience even in 2008.

ZIM didn't win a series against us on their own turf with players like Jarvis, Creamer, etc. We were also without Shakib the bowler in part of that series, and I think Tamim missed a test also. I don't think its reaching to anticipate a 3-0 on our turf when were more or less at full strength and they are missing one or two key players.

If Ireland drew in Bangladesh, would you not favor a sweep on the emerald isle?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 24, 2014, 03:52 PM
Cricket Savant

How do you concede 5 answered goals after taking a 2-0 lead?

If the game only was for 20 minutes.

We lost Ireland 5-2 @ New Delhi.
Old October 24, 2014, 04:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Bottom line is this 2012-13 we had a 9-5 record against G8 sides. I think 2 years and 14 games weighs more than 1 year and 9 games. Sure we lost to Afghanistan, India A, and HK. But no one cares about T20, the team had no intention of winning that game as they played for the RR. Of course that's inferiorating but facts are facts.

As for 2008, Ireland had Eoin Morgan in the side...amateur or pro, he still played Tests for England shortly thereafter. I think most of your side had county experience even in 2008.

Most didnt really. If they did it was minimal as until the 07 WC no one knew who we were. I think Niall and Morgan were the only ones with a county contract then, but I may be wrong. It was our first ever tour of Asia as well, so I think some lee way can be given, not to mention that batting line up for the first ODI looks weak as hell. Really we were still a pretty amateur side until 2009 or so. And I've never even heard of Strydom lol dunno who he is

ZIM didn't win a series against us on their own turf with players like Jarvis, Creamer, etc. We were also without Shakib the bowler in part of that series, and I think Tamim missed a test also. I don't think its reaching to anticipate a 3-0 on our turf when were more or less at full strength and they are missing one or two key players.

I see your reasoning. And I somewhat agree. But I'm sure zimfan and zimbabwe fans would argue Ervine returning along with some others will be a big boost

If Ireland drew in Bangladesh, would you not favor a sweep on the emerald isle?
No I wouldnt tbh. Things change a lot in between series. A lot of sport is in the mind, and a well prepared team on decent form will do better in any scenario compared to a team in bad form with zero confidence IMO.

Zimbabwe are coming off a fantastic win vs Aus, and confidence will be high (temporarily) with Ervine and co. returning and Nyumbu looking a class act.

Really we wont know until the cricket starts!! And a good series it will be hopefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

I'm confused by this post tbh
Old October 24, 2014, 10:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
No I wouldnt tbh. Things change a lot in between series. A lot of sport is in the mind, and a well prepared team on decent form will do better in any scenario compared to a team in bad form with zero confidence IMO.

Zimbabwe are coming off a fantastic win vs Aus, and confidence will be high (temporarily) with Ervine and co. returning and Nyumbu looking a class act.

Really we wont know until the cricket starts!! And a good series it will be hopefully

Sorry Donal, gotta call you out for yanking the proverbial chain here. IF, what you claim is true it means there is no situation in which Ireland would favored to win and that is categorically false.

You claim BD can't claim to be favorites based on past form because ZIM are a tough side based on past form.

Secondly you yourself claimed BD will likely win the series...what is that based on, if not on past form?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 25, 2014, 08:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

Was trying to derail the thread. Miserably failed. (Field hockey - happened yesterday)
Old October 24, 2014, 05:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Kotha kom bolia..kaje dekao. Kagojer baag hoe lav ki..
Old October 24, 2014, 08:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Not a BD series without a pre-series banter
Old October 24, 2014, 09:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sean Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Not a BD series without a pre-series banter
Of course, for me Shakib is a poor mans keith dabengwa
Old October 24, 2014, 08:54 PM
Test Cricketer