facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 9, 2017, 06:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Default What happened to the "Fizz"???

He can't even maintain good line and length. Wasn't he suppose to have the accuracy of a "veteran". From one of the best fast bowlers in the world has suddenly turned into one of the worst fast bowlers of the world. Even Mashrafe, Rubel and Taskin have performed much better.

Old June 9, 2017, 08:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: MashTamimFiqur al Hasan

he made a decent comeback during the middle overs and bowled well in the death
Old June 9, 2017, 08:33 PM
ODI Cricketer

His major strength was the variation in speed between deliveries. I believe, after the surgery, his high speed deliveries came down from 140 to 130. So the variation between high and slow deliveries is not significant enough to trick the batsman. I think once he recover his speed, all will be good.
Old June 9, 2017, 08:38 PM
Cricket Savant

I like how commentators were saying someone like Fizz should bowl at the end. Sending Fizz to mop up the tail at death is like sending a highly trained assassin to do a clean up job.

That ball was a jaffa. He will find his form back. Don't worry. Just a rough patch. Probably batsman are playing him late.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all the bowlers. Rubel was particularly good today with his display of wide yorkers and who knew Mosaddek had a nasty side, lol? (This is the best death bowling in tournament so far.)

As I told my father, it was a team job, tbh holistically speaking.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 9, 2017, 11:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Nothing happened to him. He isn't that skillful with the ball. He's just another bravo who has a deceptive slower delivery. But now batsmen have found out his variations which is why fizz is struggling.
Old June 9, 2017, 11:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Like many others bowlers struggling with the strange behavior of pitch...... Lots of bowlers finding it hard to adjust with the pitch...... Plus also he is still regaining fitness
Old June 9, 2017, 11:27 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I think he bowled really well in the middle and death overs. First few overs he bowled too full. in fact he bowled his best in this match among the three we played so far.

I just won't even go and open the discussion of comparing him with bravo. It will be uselsss
Old June 9, 2017, 11:38 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Commentators said it few times after kiwi innings that they faltered because of the pressure created by fizz
Old June 10, 2017, 12:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

What nonsense. Who said he is the worst fast bowler of the world? He bowled really well in his second spell. He has been bowling quite decently in recent games. He is not back to his old form as it's taking time for him to adjust after the operation. Even Mashrafee after his operations lost pace and was similar but kept on working. And in relation to his age, how many young bowlers are there with his accuracy in world cricket? I am sorry but this smells like a troll thread to me.

Ask yourself what have you achieved at Fizz's age?
Old June 10, 2017, 12:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Having a little bad patch is all, he will be back in form soon, no need to panic, you won the match FGS, now cut that kid some slack please
Old June 10, 2017, 02:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I think he bowled really well in the middle and death overs. First few overs he bowled too full. in fact he bowled his best in this match among the three we played so far.

I just won't even go and open the discussion of comparing him with bravo. It will be uselsss
In the initial overs bowlers r expected to bowl full. His intentions were right and I won't criticize him for that. But sadly he doesn't have the skillset to back that up.

Look at how southee and boult bowled in their first spell. Most of their deliveries were around the good length area. But why did they look way more threatening than fizz? It's quite simple. Unlike fizz, both southee and boult have the ability swing and seam the ball by pitching the ball up. But when fizz tries to do the same it just becomes half volleys because he doesn't have the ability to bend the ball in air.

And yes, he has more similarities with someone like bravo.
Old June 10, 2017, 03:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
What nonsense. Who said he is the worst fast bowler of the world? He bowled really well in his second spell. He has been bowling quite decently in recent games. He is not back to his old form as it's taking time for him to adjust after the operation. Even Mashrafee after his operations lost pace and was similar but kept on working. And in relation to his age, how many young bowlers are there with his accuracy in world cricket? I am sorry but this smells like a troll thread to me.

Ask yourself what have you achieved at Fizz's age?
U r right. He's definitely not the worst bowler in the world. Actually he's pretty decent. He is immaculate with his line and length and he deserves a bit of appreciation for that.

Yes, He isn't nowhere near as naturally talented as Amir, bhuvi and strac and definitely doesn't belong in their league but that doesn't mean he's worst.

Fizz is still a very decent bowler. He's just not as good as we initially thought him to be,that's it. I hope he'll regain his full fitness ASAP and start bowling around 140 again.
Old June 10, 2017, 03:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Nothing happened. Just don't bowl him with the new ball, within first 6overs. If you're going to bowl him inside the first PP then make it as late, like 7-10ov. Older the ball gets, fizz has better control, better effect. He bowled superb in his last 5overs yesterday which use during the middle and end! Mash just needs use him wisely!
Old June 10, 2017, 03:33 AM
Cricket Legend

He's never been a bowler to do it in first 6/7 overs

He's coming back from injury, so his line is off, as for length, he can't Bang it in, so he went fuller looking for swing

Even in his bad form, he's still a good bowler, he's gone from the main man to a great support act, which is fine, bowlers get injured and lose form, let's not forget before bd game starc had like 4 wickets in 6 games, even vs bd he got only tamim, rest was the tail and that's our tail
Old June 11, 2017, 10:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

He FIZZED out!
He's done and dusted. He was a one-trick pony.
Now, just wait till he gets kicked out. Jao baba, khub giye IPL khelo.
Old June 11, 2017, 11:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

No, he needs a better guy next to the end of his run up at mid on.

Talk to him before every ball, give him some morale, some confidence to bowl every ball, tell him that skill and technique needs common sense. Bowl the ball, let the batsmen try to hit you.

Do try to get in their faces, even blurt out a few words in English at the batsmen.
Old June 11, 2017, 11:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

InshAllah. Mustafizur will be back to form against his favourite side India. He needs to repeat what he did to them before.
Old June 11, 2017, 01:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

I mean honestly, his skill is such that he will embarrass at least one batsman. I am hoping it's more like 4 or 5.
Old June 11, 2017, 02:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
Commentators said it few times after kiwi innings that they faltered because of the pressure created by fizz
Thank you for noticing! Folks who are driven by spiteful agenda or aren't very sharp don't get these subtle things.

After 35 overs NZ were cruising at 178/3, poised to post another 320 ish score. Just as NZ were getting ready for the expected onslaught, Fizz was brought into the attack to stem the run flow at this critical juncture. He bowled a very tight 3 over spell giving away only 11 runs and taking the crucial wicket of Taylor. At the end of 40 overs, NZ found themselves at 203/4 suddenly in a bit of pressure situation, which necessitated going after Mosa.
Old June 11, 2017, 02:36 PM
Cricket Savant

I think we are slowly losing our post-win camaraderie fellas... hold on to it tight ...for we'd be needing it real bad.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 11, 2017, 03:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

The way fizz got the nz tailender out shows what a class bowler he is. The batsman moved around the crease a bit and as soon as Fizz noticed that midway thru his bowling run up instead of bowling his stock delivery he changed his hand release point and absolutely went for the blockhole and bowled a fantastic yorker reminiscent to the way he got steve smith out in the t20 world cup.

That alone just tells me the kid is an insanely intelligent bowler. He will be fine in Shaa Allah
Old June 11, 2017, 08:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
The way fizz got the nz tailender out shows what a class bowler he is. The batsman moved around the crease a bit and as soon as Fizz noticed that midway thru his bowling run up instead of bowling his stock delivery he changed his hand release point and absolutely went for the blockhole and bowled a fantastic yorker reminiscent to the way he got steve smith out in the t20 world cup.

That alone just tells me the kid is an insanely intelligent bowler. He will be fine in Shaa Allah
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Thank you for noticing! Folks who are driven by spiteful agenda or aren't very sharp don't get these subtle things.

After 35 overs NZ were cruising at 178/3, poised to post another 320 ish score. Just as NZ were getting ready for the expected onslaught, Fizz was brought into the attack to stem the run flow at this critical juncture. He bowled a very tight 3 over spell giving away only 11 runs and taking the crucial wicket of Taylor. At the end of 40 overs, NZ found themselves at 203/4 suddenly in a bit of pressure situation, which necessitated going after Mosa.

Thank you for properly understanding how cricket works
Old June 12, 2017, 10:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Another thing to keep in mind. These wickets are very un-English. For me the model English wickets were what they had during 1999 WC, there was sth in it for quicks, spinners. And if batsmen could apply themselves, they would score. These ones are like sub continental tracks with extra bounce.

Not just Fizz, evaluate how Starc, Amir, Boult have fared this Champions Trophy. Its not been easy for bowlers.
Old June 13, 2017, 02:28 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

He is human. Good day people
Old June 13, 2017, 03:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

The bowler from BD I am worried about is Fizz, hope he doesn't trouble us too much especially Sharma ji, don't take no wks and go for 50+ runs, sorry can't wish him success this time. 😂