facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 11, 2009, 03:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.
Default September 11th, 2009: Eight long years do little to heal the scars

Let us take a moment to remember the terrible loss humanity suffered on this day eight years ago.

Let us take a moment to remember and honor every man, woman, child of every creed, race, and orientation who were murdered on that fateful day.

Let us empathize with the families of those who were killed: all the widows, all the orphans, all the parents who are now childless - we stand by you today.

Let us honor the heroes of Flight 93, and all those in the planes who defied terror while facing death.

Let us express our gratitude to all the selfless firefighters and everyone else who volunteered in the rescue efforts, some even sacrificing their lives.

Let us (American citizens and residents) express our gratitude to our soldiers overseas. We deeply admire your commitment to your nation and her ideals, and to your families, as well, for sharing you with the rest of us.

Since this is an overwhelmingly Muslim majority forum, I would like to add this:

We take the streets and demand he heads of people over petty cartoons, but where is that same solidarity when it comes to scathing condemnations that these acts of violence demand? Why aren't their rallies in every Muslim nation on every 9/11 (or on the anniversaries of other terrorist attacks around the world), mourning the loss of innocent lives and declaring, once and for all, that these bas*ards will not succeed in hijacking our faith? I'd say they are worse than the terrorists - a terrorist at least has the willpower to act on their beliefs.

I'd like to finish with a quote by John Stewart that aired on the night of 9/11 on "The Daily Show with John Stewart:

Quote:
"The view from my apartment was the World Trade Center. And now it's gone. And they attacked it. This symbol of American ingenuity and strength and labor and imagination and commerce, and it is gone. But you know what the view is now? The Statue of Liberty. The view from the south of Manhattan is now the Statue of Liberty. You can't beat that. "

Last edited by Electrequiem; September 11, 2009 at 06:52 PM..

Old September 11, 2009, 03:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
Let us (American citizens and residents) express our gratitude to our soldiers overseas. We deeply admire your commitment to your nation and her ideals, and to your families, as well, for sharing you with the rest of us.

With due respect, I resonated with all your post, except the bit above.

What do you have to be grateful to American soldiers for? For killing Iraqis and Afghans so that they cant attack you?
Old September 11, 2009, 03:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Why aren't their rallies in every Muslim nation on every 9/11 (or on the anniversaries of other terrorist attacks around the world),

Maybe because the aftermath of 9/11 has claimed far far more Muslim lives than American lives lost on that tragic day ?

So they may be thinking simplistically that the US has more than achieved revenge, and that there isn't much more to add......
Old September 11, 2009, 03:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Banglatiger84, that's quite a different argument you are making. Soldiers are instruments of a Government, and they do what they are told to do. They are taking orders, but acting due to the love they have for their country. I disagree with how our soldiers were utilized post 9/11, but that does not mean I will not express my gratitude. A true patriot can disagree with their nation's wars, but will always unconditionally love the soldiers. Just think about the sacrifices they are making!

And that "casualty match-up" argument is quite distasteful.
Old September 11, 2009, 03:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Red arrows?

Really classy, guys.
Old September 11, 2009, 04:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
And that "casualty match-up" argument is quite distasteful.
Its all relative. It depends which side of the ocean you are in.

For example, your own comment can offend friends and relatives who lost their loved one in any of those casualty of war.

In both cases innocent people died for no fault of their own. And in both cases friends and relatives has the right to morn for their loved one who was killed.
Old September 11, 2009, 04:07 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

OK This rating game in BC has become redundant such as the controversial abbreviation.
Soon it would need another mod action. Or a ruling that only preferred members
would be capable of doing this mighty act. No kidding.
Old September 11, 2009, 04:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

the saddest thing is victims of other terrorist attacks are relatively forgotten. and by this i mean primarily the victims of "government sponsored terrorism" which everone condemns, but no one ever remembers.

and we wonder why unequal warfare exists, when the very morality of offensive warfare itself should be examined.

Quote:
وَقَاتِلُواْ فِي سَبِيلِ اللّهِ الَّذِينَ يُقَاتِلُونَكُمْ وَلاَ تَعْتَدُواْ إِنَّ اللّهَ لاَ يُحِبِّ الْمُعْتَدِينَ

Fight only against those who fight you, but do not transgress for God does not love transgressors

2:190
it seems to me that based on this, if no one picks a fight with anyone else, there is no need for even self defense!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 11, 2009, 07:53 PM
Cricket Legend

al Furqaan bhai, that quote is very idealist and what not. But in reality, we humans are pretty damn subjective and holier-than-thou for such an approach to work. For example, define "fight." Define "transgressing." See how quickly everything gets muddled?
Old September 11, 2009, 08:47 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Napoleon Einstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Maybe because the aftermath of 9/11 has claimed far far more Muslim lives than American lives lost on that tragic day ?

So they may be thinking simplistically that the US has more than achieved revenge, and that there isn't much more to add......
It is comments like that , which really put the western soldiers on the back foot

Its ok for the terrorist to kill civilians and use them as shields but as soon as one civilian dies from an american bomb accidently, then its hell to pay

They don't do it on purpose

And to say that they kill them to get revenge for the killing of their own is wrong. In this you are implying that the terrorists are "one of you" are the muslims who died in the 9/11 bombings somehow classed differently?

Last edited by nzfan; September 11, 2009 at 08:54 PM..
Old September 11, 2009, 09:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

A soldier in the end is another professional carrying his/her duties.
Old September 11, 2009, 09:20 PM
Cricket Legend

I am really confused now :/

And its a sad, sad day for BanglaCricket when a thread for people to express their condolences in response to a tragic event needs constant mod oversight.

Shame on us.
Old September 11, 2009, 09:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Right. But we can see if it is just or not...right? Even today there are rules pertaining to "unlawfull killings" by soldiers. Otherwise, Israeli soldiers will not leave any of the Palestanian kids alive..I think.
Old September 11, 2009, 09:31 PM
Banned

bancricfan you seem to have this "muslims against everyone else" mentality

Of course there are rednecks that think every muslim is a terrorist , but to think the majority of people are like that is rediculous
Old September 11, 2009, 09:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Right. But we can see if it is just or not...right? Even today there are rules pertaining to "unlawfull killings" by soldiers. Otherwise, Israeli soldiers will not leave any of the Palestanian kids alive..I think.
You've got everything SERIOUSLY twisted, man. I had typed up a nice response to your ORIGINAL post (don't worry, I didn't make any personal attacks. Its a really, really, really lowly thing to do) ... but its not here anymore. But I am hereby DONE dignifying any of your posts with responses.
Old September 11, 2009, 09:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
One World, yes. But there's more to that.

I am commending the soldiers of MY nation because of their SERVICE to their country. They are serving thousands of miles away from the comfort of their homes in a desert BECAUSE they love the country. And anyone who would say they are blindly killing civilians because they derive some sort of sadist pleasure out of it are out-of-touch with reality, or trying to twist it.
Old September 11, 2009, 09:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzfan
bancricfan you seem to have this "muslims against everyone else" mentality

Of course there are rednecks that think every muslim is a terrorist , but to think the majority of people are like that is rediculous
No nzfan, I dont subscribe to "Us Against Them" club! I strongly identify with muslims because "they/we" are at the receiving end of heinous brutalties and violence from America/Israel. Hope you understand. Will not have sympathy for the weak and oppressed?
Old September 11, 2009, 09:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
You've got everything SERIOUSLY twisted, man. I had typed up a nice response to your ORIGINAL post (don't worry, I didn't make any personal attacks. Its a really, really, really lowly thing to do) ... but its not here anymore. But I am hereby DONE dignifying any of your posts with responses.
You dont even know where dignity begins! Thats very rich from you!

Ma'a salamah!
Old September 11, 2009, 09:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

This thread is just sad.
Old September 11, 2009, 09:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
One World, yes. But there's more to that.

I am commending the soldiers of MY nation because of their SERVICE to their country. They are serving thousands of miles away from the comfort of their homes in a desert BECAUSE they love the country. And anyone who would say they are blindly killing civilians because they derive some sort of sadist pleasure out of it are out-of-touch with reality, or trying to twist it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

Last edited by BanCricFan; September 11, 2009 at 10:38 PM..
Old September 11, 2009, 10:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
As usual no trace of intelligence here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww
Uhh... What was the point of that video. Totally useless.

Those men and women in the army are putting their lives on the line for their country. Sure the reason for the war may not be correct, however, why hate on the troops. Their duty is to serve their country. Instead, why not criticize those who sent them their on faulty grounds?
Old September 11, 2009, 10:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib
Uhh... What was the point of that video. Totally useless.

Those men and women in the army are putting their lives on the line for their country. Sure the reason for the war may not be correct, however, why hate on the troops. Their duty is to serve their country. Instead, why not criticize those who sent them their on faulty grounds?
Nobody hates the troop...If you knew me...you would have seen me in public rallies calling for immediate returns of our soldiers for their own life and saving others. I have spoken out against 17/18 yrs old recruits often from the ghettos being shipped off to the frontlines.

Anyway, soldiers have a choice not to go...dont they? Infact, many of them do but they are labelled as cowards or unpatriotic...many on this forum would do that!
Old September 11, 2009, 10:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Just finished my Tarabi and right after that I ran Uptown Manhattan at the Ring Garden on Riverside Drive (near my home) and joined a group of good people, some Lutherans/Episcapilians/Catholics, Buddhists (I didn't know these guys, some were far easterners) and some of Jewish faith (3 Israelies) and a few of us Shiites (bunch of Syrians , Palestinians, Pershians) and Sunnis (me and a few other) and a whole bunch of self-claimed athiests (good folks) had a good soul searching, bonding, prayer, candle light, thoughts share amongst us! For the 6th year in a row we promissed how we will look out for each other, support each other and love each other and will never forget to pray (the ones among us who pray) for the murdered innocent victims (World Trade Center, New York, Pentagon, Pennsylvania, Scotland Lockerby, Bali, London, Oklahoma City, Tel Aviv, Tibet, Auschwitz, Jerrusalem, Sarejevo, Tehran, Baghdad to Basra) of terrorism (state sponsored or induvidual action,) and war (funded, controlled by the West or the East).

We have been doing this for 6 years and for the last 3 years in a row they have asked me to lead the prayers, Alhamdulillah! I lost 2 distant relatives of mine, a husband and a wife, in the September 11 terrorist attck at the World Trade Center, I see their orphans (I became close to them kids over the years), they were there with me along with 15-16 other Albenian/Bosnian orphans beautiful young souls!

We won't get those perished lost souls back just I will never see or hear the laughter of the murdered Officers/Soldiers at the Pilkhana massacre (I mentioned them in our prayer as well), but we can take initiative and remember them and let all the passers-by know who we are softly speaking of, remembering and the beautiful thing was a lot of them joined us slowly and it grew quiet large at the end (close to 70, including some NYPD cops from the 34th precinct) and we all hugged each other very strongly (I like that)

It was a cold rainy night here tonight but I sweated as I had the spirits landed on me and I swear my friends I felt it, top to bottom! It was a sad day/night for many many of us, but it was a beautiful thing, Alhamdulillah!

By the way we also had a mother with us who's child/ a firefighter (Engine/Ladder 28, Inwwod, Manhattan) also died that day eight years ago! She is a friend of mine now, and It's her who always requests me to lead the prayer.

May Allah forgive the victims of war and terrorism and give them eternal peace!

Rest in peace dear all. You will never be forgotten!

P.S. Thank you dear Eleqtrequiem bhai for openning this thread, a very good thread indeed! May Allah
's love and blessing be with you always, good initiative!

Last edited by bujhee kom; September 11, 2009 at 10:20 PM..
Old September 11, 2009, 10:18 PM
Administrator

BK - you have a fan in me.

Thank you.
Old September 11, 2009, 10:20 PM
Banned

best post BK has ever made