facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 8, 2010, 08:50 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Default Ramadan 2010

New Moon rises on Aug 10 3:08 AM GMT (Aug 9 11:08 PM EDT). That means for USA Ramadan starts on sunset of Aug 10.

For Bangladesh New Moon is on Aug 10 9:08AM BST; as such Ramadan starts in BD with the sunset of Aug 10 (same as US).

In layman's term, first day of fasting is Aug 11, 2010; and accordingly last day of fasting is Sept. 08, 2010 (as new moon is on Sept 8 10:30 AM GMT).

Have a blessed Ramadan.

Ref:US Naval Observatory Moon Phases
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.

Old August 8, 2010, 09:00 PM
Cricket Legend

May this Ramadan bring in us the most
brightest and choicest happiness and
love we have ever Wished for

Happy Ramadan Mubarak
Old August 8, 2010, 09:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Time to wipe out all your baggages, the opportunity comes after 11 months of collections from which the unnecessary and misplaced must leave, only the perfect and required remains.

Good Luck everyone.
Old August 9, 2010, 01:54 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Yes, it does seem like 1st Roja will start from 11 aug wednesday in Canada too!
Old August 9, 2010, 06:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Ramzanul Mularak. Yes, it starts on 11th I guess in most parts. Abar eshe gelo Ibadater mash. Best wishies to all for those who are fasting and for those who aren't as well. May Allah bless you with His Hedaya.

002.183 YUSUFALI: O ye who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that ye may (learn) self-restraint,-

002.184 YUSUFALI: (Fasting) for a fixed number of days; but if any of you is ill, or on a journey, the prescribed number (Should be made up) from days later. For those who can do it (With hardship), is a ransom, the feeding of one that is indigent. But he that will give more, of his own free will,- it is better for him. And it is better for you that ye fast, if ye only knew.

002.185 YUSUFALI: Ramadhan is the (month) in which was sent down the Qur'an, as a guide to mankind, also clear (Signs) for guidance and judgment (Between right and wrong). So every one of you who is present (at his home) during that month should spend it in fasting, but if any one is ill, or on a journey, the prescribed period (Should be made up) by days later. Allah intends every facility for you; He does not want to put to difficulties. (He wants you) to complete the prescribed period, and to glorify Him in that He has guided you; and perchance ye shall be grateful.
Old August 9, 2010, 06:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

RAMADAN MUBARAK TO ALL MY BC BHAI's and BEHNA's !
Old August 9, 2010, 10:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

^^^same to u bhai!
Old August 9, 2010, 12:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Ramadanul Mobarak to all!
Ja gorom poreche...loadshedding hole onek kosto hoye jabe.
Old August 9, 2010, 02:27 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Ramadanul Muvarak to all my bc bhais,sis,mamas,mamis,chachs,chachis.

@ rafi vai, vai eibar gorome roja rakhte kemon lage amare janaien. Im thinking of coming BD in the next ramadan.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old August 9, 2010, 02:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Ramadan Karim to all...

Hope Allah gives both mental & physical strength to all to fast and rip the most benefit out of this blessed month... inshALLAH....

P.S : one of my Ramadan goal is to take down the bhuri my job has 'gifted'....
Old August 9, 2010, 03:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Ramadanul Muvarak to all my bc bhais,sis,mamas,mamis,chachs,chachis.

@ rafi vai, vai eibar gorome roja rakhte kemon lage amare janaien. Im thinking of coming BD in the next ramadan.

onek kosto...but joto kosto toto kesto(sawab). Dont miss the opportunity...come BD in next year at Ramadan.
Old August 9, 2010, 03:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
P.S : one of my Ramadan goal is to take down the bhuri my job has 'gifted'....
You will end up with a bigger bhuri. Foods in Iftar and Sehri is too delicious!
Old August 9, 2010, 03:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Ramadan Mubarak. I think I should convert to Islam just for this month to get free iftar from the masjid.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 9, 2010, 03:53 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

You u have to stay awy from girls for this month if u convert to Islam... Can you do that?

Old August 9, 2010, 03:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Girls already stay away from me nadim.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old August 9, 2010, 05:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Salaam and Ramadan greetings to each and every one of my beloved dear BC brothers and sisters and to all of mankind and all living being on Earth.

May Allah accept our prayers, may He give us more patience, tollarence, love, care, empathy and ability to understand other's pain! Allah be praised!
Old August 9, 2010, 05:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Sun Aug 08 08:26pm PDT

Ramadan means no water during workouts for Husain Abdullah

By MJD

NFL practices this time of year are designed for maximum sweat production. Coaches are trying to build up stamina and endurance. Players push themselves to the limit, in pursuit of jobs and starting spots. It's also really, really hot.

And starting on Aug. 11, the beginning of the Islamic month of Ramadan, Minnesota Vikings safety Husain Abdullah(notes) will be going through these practices without the benefit of water. Or food. Or any other kind of hydration.

During Ramadan, observing Muslims like Abdullah will fast for 30 days; eating or drinking nothing while the sun is out. Food and drink are permitted after dark and before sunrise, but during the day, there's nada -- not a tiny little sip of water, or the smallest release of Powerade's mystic mountain blueberry.

From the AP:
Even while sprinting in the heat and humidity during drills, sometimes in full pads, Abdullah is adamant about his faith. He will not allow himself so much as a cup of water until the sun sets and before it rises.

“I’m putting nothing before God, nothing before my religion,” Abdullah said. “This is something I choose to do, not something I have to do. So I’m always going to fast.”

Abdullah's worked with the team's nutritionist on a way to keep himself healthy through Ramadan with a couple of big meals when it's dark, and a protein shake in the middle of the night. Of course, they know better than I do, but I think about these intense workouts in 90-degree heat, and as soon as I even imagine doing it without water, my kidneys start to shut down.

From the AP:

"Last year it occurred in early September, and we saw a dip in his performance," coach Brad Childress said. "We said, 'What's wrong with Husain Abdullah? It doesn't seem like he has enough spunk.
"I think we have our arms around it now and know when he is going to wake up and when he is going to eat and what we can pack on him before the sun comes up."

I'm in awe of his commitment, and I'm glad he is doing what feels right. That said, I ask him to please, please be as careful as he goes through this. We've seen way too many times that heat-related illnesses are real, extreme and unforgiving dangers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-261068

MJD
Shutdown Corner is an NFL blog
edited by Matthew J. Darnell.
Old August 9, 2010, 05:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Ramadhan mubarak to all of you too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Ramadan Mubarak. I think I should convert to Islam just for this month to get free iftar from the masjid.
sorry to spoil it for you, but i know plenty of masjids that welcome non-muslims for iftaar (well, at least around where i live). I have had a few iftaars before with some of my non-muslim friends!

If you truly study islamic history and teachings, you will find that Islam is more tolerant than it appears to be it just denounces Falsehood, simple as that!

a disbelieving slave of Allah still faces blessings from Allah? doesn't he??

Gopal Bhar, i still think you are a muslim, you just need a good environment and a good example to follow

Personal Challenges i want to share that I want to start/implement during Ramadhan and continue...

* Talk less
* Eat less
* Use Time Productively(it is very hard for me to stay away from BanglaCricket.../wasting time playing games/Fantasy Cricket...)

May Allah cure mine and our hearts from Ego, Deception and Falsehood and fill it with his remembrance so that we may obtain Eternal Success!
Old August 9, 2010, 06:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Bujhee Kom bhai thanks for the article

I have to sympathize with him
Old August 9, 2010, 06:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Salaam and Ramadan greetings to each and every one of my beloved dear BC brothers and sisters and to all of mankind and all living being on Earth.

May Allah accept our prayers, may He give us more patience, tollarence, love, care, empathy and ability to understand other's pain! Allah be praised!
Ameen!
Old August 9, 2010, 06:05 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Ramadan Mubarak. InshAllah we will start fasting from August 11.
Old August 9, 2010, 07:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

I have a STRONG feeling that this thread will turn into a food thread in coming month. I can bet $5.99 with anyone. Make the deal before ramadan starts because betting would be haram once it starts...
Old August 9, 2010, 08:53 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
I have a STRONG feeling that this thread will turn into a food thread in coming month. I can bet $5.99 with anyone. Make the deal before ramadan starts because betting would be haram once it starts...
iDumb bro, I always thought you are dumb but now you gotta be right and smat , I have already filled my freezer and fridge, and kitchen closets with all those Ramadam foods and snacks.

My aim in this Ramada is to eat more kalizeera Katla maach bhaji, beef roghon josh, butter chicken, shaag paneer, puti maach'r jhul, snacks: daal bhaji, samosas, mulgatani soup, boraas, jilabi, alu kacchuri and mixed fruits with mango juice. Ya ma an, there will be lot of yummy yummy.

Anybody in Toronto is automatically invited to my place. Hopefully, God will accept my Ramadan fasting.
Old August 9, 2010, 08:56 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

BK, another nice post as usual. Well wishes to you and your kitty-witty.
Old August 10, 2010, 12:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
That could stop an 'Iftar' thread ....