View Single Post
Old April 6, 2006, 12:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

Very good thread indeed with in-depth analysis .. way to go Babu.

However, I found all the responses to this thread very dreadful. It is typical of our countrymen to have a feeling of ownership ... like amar elaka ... amar university ... etc. and the replies to this thread has shown that we have taken it one step forward to "Amar Forum" .

We have forgotten that this is the Internet and internet forums are inherently open for people to come over and share thier ideas / thoughts. Internet forums are the only place where True Democracy exist without illegit interferance from power holders (Mods interfare within thier published policies so those are legit). While a thread can be defined useless/poor/stupid by a few, other might find the same thread interesting. So apart from racist and other controvercial threads, it is better to leave postings un-edited and open. The threads which people find useless will automatically go down with very few replies .... even in case of stupid threads getting lots of replies in the form of protests, the message is delivered to forum members.

If people think there should be a limitation on how many posts one can make during a given time frame, lets vote and decide on that. The same goes with thread subjects, specify rules and detailed policies on those issues so that everything is on the table and then let peple decide if they want to participate in this forum or not.

I remember during my "Govt. Finance" course I read something like, "The Best Government is the Government that does the least". Maybe this is true for online forums as well.