View Single Post
Old October 24, 2016, 07:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
#9 gets out LBW. #10 comes out and swishes on a legstump ball. Next ball he's out LBW. Pray tell what Shabbir could have done here?

Here, just to help you, I'll put CI's ball-by-ball commentary. I'd love to hear your theory on how Shabbir should have done to protect _Shafiul_

এই forumএর cricketবোদ্ধারা যদি আমাদের নেতৃত্বে থাকতো তাহলে তো আমরা বিশ্ব জয় করে ফেলতামরে ভাই বনেরা
When I said Sabbir gave strike to Shafiul when he in fact didn't/couldn't, that didn't have much to do with anyone being a cricket boddha. It had to do with my being retarded or high (off of air) and half-asleep while watching and forgetting and confusing Taijul's 6th-ball single with Shafiul rotating the strike somehow lol. With review et al, a lot of time passed in between Taijul's departure and Shafiul's batting, maybe that was the reason.

And my whole post was about Hathuru's tactics, not Sabbir's decision-making. End-game tactics/strike rotation didn't have much to do with Sabbir (just like it wasn't Mushy who devised plans on spot for Cook and Root or Mushy alone who decided to open with two spinners). And I praised Hathuru's late order tactic. The first two paragraphs of the post in case you missed it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitaph
We only had 20-25% chance of winning it on Day 5. Over 30 runs needed with 2 tailenders left vs accurate swing and reverse swing. Lets not pretend we were the favorites at the end.

I thought Hathuru was brilliant in sending Rabbi, out worst bat, in first before sending in Taijul to make England think he's just as bad (and prolly for Rabbi to slog and pinch hit). Taijul can actually hit the ball and clear the infield. And that's exactly what he did when Cook tried to save singles and keep him on wicket. Brilliant strategy I thought.