View Single Post
Old October 30, 2019, 04:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Funny the way you guys are portraying as if he actually fixed matches. Our players are not superhuman or superheroes. They too make mistakes, what is important - did that mistake change the outcome of any of those matches- no it didn’t. So practically he didn’t do anything immoral to compromise his team’s honour. Yes, It still boggles my mind why didn’t he let ACU know about it. But as far as I know, he did let Papon know as someone connected to BCB was involved. Now there is no way to prove that so that’s pure stupidity from Shakib. He should have let ACU know about it unless he was actually threatened. Also what concerns me more is why didn’t he fix any matches when he got approached thrice? I mean If he never intended to do that then why did he respond to this bookie? Something is missing here. Good that Shakib got the punishment, though I feel the punishment is a little too harsh.

Also, this incident should be a good reason to investigate even further and find out all the culprits. Why only players will pay the price? Everyone connected to it should get punished as well. The proven corrupt people are sitting on the board while a player is getting punished not for corruption but for not notifying. I think many are talking about urging ICC to revise this rule as not always players are in a position to notify as their lives or their families' lives are in danger. When ICC knows about these bookies then they should find a way to take action against them.
Well said