Thread: # 3
View Single Post
Old May 8, 2013, 01:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Though he may be better suited for number 3, I'd persist with Enamul Haque Bijoy as opener while hoping he gets his footwork right pronto. He sees the ball early enough to move his feet as long as he works hard at it. Maybe he can drop down to 3 after a better opener emerges out of the pipeline. A lot of hope is being pitted on Soumya Sarkar but honestly, we have no idea whether he'll do better than guys with less ability like Omi, Mofees and Kopa. I won't comment on Sir batting in the top 3.

So with Bijoy opening with Tamim, I'd opt for Shakib at number 3. He has phenomenal hand-eye coordination and can rotate the strike with ease and consolidate when he wants to. Sir can play at number 4 until a better alternative emerges (perhaps a new and improved Riyad, Shubhagoto or Ratul if he manages to play at this level). I'll put Nasir at 5 asnd Mushfiq at 6. Rumman would be ideal candidate at number 7.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)