View Single Post
Old July 5, 2023, 09:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
The way teams fought in CWC Qualifier, this prolly will be the first WC without any minnow team. Even three wins this WC may be hard to come by.

Like others mentioned, can't expect much from Tamim's captaincy if he chokes as a batter again. If we want a fighting chance for the semi, Shakib has to be the captain. Generally it's a bad idea to change the captain so close to WC. But Shakib is already our captain in the other two formats, players naturally look up to him.

I will not be surprised if Papon/Hathuru use the current fitness fiasco to take away captaincy away from Tamim. If that happens, I hope Tamim will take the decision gracefully.
On a side note, I think Netherlands and Scotland should be in line for the next round of ICC full memberships. They have consistently been performing at the top level despite being associate members.

Although Nepal is a more lucrative market with lots of fans of the sport being the most popular sport in the country despite them not performing as well as Netherlands or Scotland