View Single Post
Old December 27, 2011, 03:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Asif is actually a better fifty overs player than Anamul. Despite this season's averages, I rate them equally in FC cricket.

Is Shohag Gazi another SLA?

I'd add Kamrul Islam Rabbi to the list as well. What is the fixture list for this season?
I rate Anamul higher than Asif simply because Asif has not performed in the U19/Academy level so far. In fact Asif was not even a regular in the U19 line-up whereas Anamul was the best batsman in the team. I know Asif has outperformed Anamul in the NCL this season but NCL stats are often skewed. My opinion will only change when I see Asif scoring runs for the Academy or the A team when facing the same opposition as Anamul. Of course as I have already stated I rate Mominul higher than both for the same reason.

Shohag Gazi is an off-spinner and I think he deserves a lot more attention then he is getting right now. He was the highest wicket-taker in the NCL last season. Did not play much this season as he was busy with the A team. In the only FC match he played against WI A, he picked up 4 - 57 (match figures). In the T20 series he had an econ. rate of just above 5. And in the two ODIs in the tour he got 4 -60 at an econ. rate of 2.86. He also toured South Africa with the Academy earlier this year. Check out the scorecards of that tour:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engin...es/524982.html
He did not get thrashed in a single match and consistenly picked up wickets. In fact in the Tests he picked up a 7fer and a 4fer in that tour. Best spinner outside of the national team IMO.