View Single Post
Old July 31, 2009, 12:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZGOD
Show me where in the Laws of Cricket it says that having a squash ball in the gloves is illegal and I will agree with you. Does having a squash ball in the gloves involve straightening the elbow?

What about being deliberately late for the toss? Surely that can't be an innovation and neither can it be illegal, as a million captains from a million teams in a million sports have done the same to wind their opposing captain up. It's all good when you get away with it eh.

Mind you, my personal opinion is that if the ICC have legalised straightening the elbow by 15 degrees, then it's all good. But other Ozzies will have their own opinions, and fair enough.
That's the point. Both are new, both are within the law. One the Australians can do, the other they can not. What they can not do, they declare illegal. That's hypocritical. The doosra has been around for more than a decade and the ICC has allowed it to stay. But the Australians, who have no idea how to bowl it suddenly conclude that its illegal. That is hypocrisy at its best.