View Single Post
Old July 12, 2006, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
cause he gets elected....so who ever votes for him surely thinks like him...
that's a lame argument.

while the comments and deeds of the minister are by no means acceptable, and he deserves to burn in hell, it has no association to the Berlin incident. Zidane owes an apology to Materazzi, and vice versa, even if both feel it's just for the heck of it.

a lot of what zidane said does not apply to a sportsman at the top level. while i do understand his sentiments rooting from his mother getting admitted to the hospital, he is a representative of his people and an idol to many, and he shouldn't have gone physical. I think he said something like "I am a man first...and there are things that I can't control myself after hearing...I'd rather take a blow in the face than hear something like that..." arey baap etoi jodi kharap kisu bole thake taile why dont you tell us what he said already? and besides, why does he care what someone else has to say about his family? it doesn't seem like matterazi's comments were anything that footballers don't have to swallow everyday on the pitch...and by not apologising, both of them are setting bad examples.