Thread: Financial News
View Single Post
Old December 29, 2020, 12:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
. I was on mutual funds prior to this for the last 3 years where I was making meagre 4% return. Compare that with this year where I’ve joined in since august and I’m about 47% up so far for the year. My philosophy so far is to buy growth stocks and hold for long term and then generate income from selling weekly covered calls.

I was just hoping nio cross 50 for the year to end on a high. I still think there’s room for it to grow. I feel $60 is conservative and $100 for extreme bull case.
Few points ..take it however u want .

- mutual fund u chose was a poor one to yield that over past 3 years
- 2020 is somewhat of an outlier in market in terms of the rapidity in which things happened - meaning u won't be able to replicate ur returns year over year. If u can let me know I will follow what u do.
- If u are bull on nio (which personally I think is a good choice ) your arbitrary price target is irrelevant . You hold long term . Sell calls at a lower strike price if u want higher premium. Frustrations is an emotion and in ur case it is unreasonable I think.

I am very edgy lately but still fighting my inner urge to do ... Buying solid growth companies and leaving **** alone just works.

Look at Snapchat it is actually gonna be 80 dollars company ... As randomly predicted by our valuation investor with zero dollars in market. It traded 5 dollars in dec 2018. I encouraged him to buy that time ... He was too scared (emotion ). Lmao. Sorry I just love poking him ... And find his posts hilarious 😂😂. Missed out on potentially thousands of dollars in fear of losing few hundreds.