View Single Post
Old February 18, 2019, 11:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
Now look at the democrats. They are doing the exact opposite. Their base wants to hear bold left leaning, social democratic policies, proven by Bernie's success in 2016, and yet, instead of appeasing their own base, they come across as centrists/pragmatists, and thus stutter and limp on their way. They get bogged down with questions of practicality and how to pay. Of course there are ways to pay for these bold projects, but politics is not supposed to be about how to pay and pragmatic incremental progress. Trump never got bogged down about how to pay for his wall. He vehemently doubled down on costs, and still does unabashedly. Democrats fail to do the same. Result? It projects weakness, and turns off their own base, if not consciously, definitely subconsciously.

t!
I don't think that's the Democratic base. Your social progressive candidates I don't think represent the Democratic base . They are akin to the tea party I would say .

But one thing I tend to agree with is to get the swing votes of the poor whites you would need some of those radical progressive ideas I suppose . Legalizing immigrants is not gonna get those votes for sure. The risk is loss of vote of the upper middle class Democrats .

The extreme social progressive candidates are dangerous for this country . I would never vote for one.