View Single Post
Old June 29, 2009, 10:13 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

We should have strict domestic calender regardless of International seasons. There is always odd occasion calender can be tweaked a bit. The cricketing bodies in Bangladesh is relying too much on our Star players participation in domestic competition and try to arrange fixture so that they can participate. I can guarantee we loose at least 20 days of cricket in peak season time that is after the breakes.
In Bangladesh season starts from October and it stretches to first week of April, thats nearly six months and bit. The playing condition naturally varies from start to the end even though it is not that noticeable like other countries e.g. England.
If you observe our NCL 4 day calender, you will find it is always at first 2 months of cricket calender. The last 4 months our domestic players only play 50-over game or T-20 in capital Dhaka or Chittagong (those are the 2 main cities that have good local leagues).

But look at Englands domestic fixtures for example, they may kick of the season with few 50-overs game then they will have few 4-dayers. The season is spread out evenly with different format of the games.

I am sure there are other reason why we are not good at longer version. But not having a strict and balanced calender we are making it difficult for our next generations of cricketers.