View Single Post
Old January 13, 2020, 07:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
I think both BCB and PCB are being extremely stubborn But I would blame PCB more here. If it wasnt BCB and it was CAA or ECB or even lets say NZC, would they say flat reject the T20 series only? I dont think so. They always have this thing to bully BCB. Before, invited everyone else but when it came to Bangladesh, it had to be in Pakistan where no one else was willing to visit. Now as bad as our team is, BCB is also one of the more richer boards and they hate caving into PCB. Specially when PCB hasnt even invited BCB a single time in Dubai for a bilateral. I actually think BCB isnt fully wrong in proposing the T20 series only and delaying the test series for later in the year.
Didnt think about that and I agree with you...almost.

The only caveat is, what is in BCB's greater interest? Getting back at PCB or securing more away Test matches? By playing this game, BCB has added Pakistan to Austrailia and England to the list of countrues that will refuse to play us. Those are all big teams (Pak is not, but we would make some money hosting them). BCB will be left stuck playing Afg, Zim, Ireland, Lanka, and Windies from here on out. Only a fool would volunteer for a second tier of Test cricket.

And this will affect ODIs and T20 tours as well.

I actually expect and hope we have to forfeit the 120 points if we refuse to tour this cycle. Its the only way the BCB might learn to value their long term interests over god knows what.

#OneTeam1Dream