View Single Post
Old October 24, 2016, 02:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
I'm not even blaming Mushy for this plan. That plan has Mush AND the coaches hand all over it. Sabbir did not come to plan this, Mushy's OWN freaking word, which is the truth. Sabbir probably wouldve taken all the strike, he's that sort of a player. Hathrui supposed to be the genius one. I'd expect him to plan better.

For someone gets a lot of credit for our ODI's game plans, none of that shows up here. Starting to think it's not a 50-50 deal with Mash. More like it's 90% Mash.
Perhaps Sabbir had little to say here but I am sure team management might have asked Sabbir what he was comfortable with.

In the ODIs even, Mosaddek once gave a lot of strike to Taijul when Rashid Khan was bowling. Now Rashid khan on that pitch was extremely difficult to play. Obviously, Mash was there to send message but Mosaddek and say : "Don't let Taijul face Rashid Khan". Now Taijul did play a decent hand, but then faced Rashid Khan and got out, and Taskin got out the next ball to the same bowler. And we were 9 down.

In both scenarios, I am completely fine with team management's decision to give faith to the tail, Taijul in particular here.

We should stop putting all the blame on Mushy. Mash too has let the team down with some of his tactics, like the one where he decided to go down the ground when team was in trouble at 130-6 or something. He lost his wicket, putting us into greater trouble. I am not blaming the batting ability of Mash, but he too can make tactical blunders. Mashrafe's shot was equivalent to that of Shakib's in the 1st innings. One made us lose against Afghanistan and the other played a big part in the loss.