Thread: Good Rap Songs!
View Single Post
Old September 5, 2018, 08:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Oh boy, you need to go deeper man. You have explained it too simply, making me seem anti-immigrant or something, lol. But one gem I will give you is, people change, and times change. TODAY, it is my firm belief Pac would have changed and come more to the right. So would leaders like Malcolm X. You know, come to think of it, Malcolm had already begun to change, shunning nation of Islam for orthodox Sunni. Dare I say, given more time, he would have shunned that too and embraced something else.

The wisest people do not stay the same man, they adopt with times. But spare your fingers, we can do a pod on this. Because I really want to know what about the right you find extreme and if you condone BLM or not. Will talk soon hopefully.

Cheers.
I think the BC podcast should only be about cricket, lol. Lets keep it simple.

Pac would forget his roots as a poor kid from Harlem and Oakland? I just can't see how that would be the case given that I haven't heard any of the rappers from his generation go that route. Nas, Diddy, Snoop, Dre, the Outlawz, Jay Z are all 2Pac era and apart from Kanye (who's from the next generation) I haven't heard of anyone who could be even close to right wing. Then you have Mos Def, Common, Talib Kweli, Wyclef, etc...

There's just no evidence to support that Pac would do a 180 on policies that affect families just like his own so negatively. Can't see Pac being against welfare or supporting tax relief for big business or suddenly becoming anti-Mexican or islamophobic.

As far as Malcolm X goes anything is possible. He might have become a Hare Krishna, true. But he was primarily concerned with the African American condition and the universality he saw at Hajj appealed to his sense of a system that could work to bring all races together. There is only one other universal religion, and he resented it for making African Americans so subservient to racism. And before the NOI, Malcolm was an atheist (from the chapter titled "Satan" in his autobiography).

#OneTeam1Dream