Thread: An Indian view
View Single Post
Old March 15, 2007, 04:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyinblue
akabir..

first of all...if i am not wrong.. india have played 2 away test series and ODI series with BD...though i think BD have not toured india??

rest all top 7 test playing nations have played one away and one home series...

so its not that other teams have played more series against BD ..they too have played only 2 series...

so its not that india has not toured BD at all..or they do not want to play BD..

and about the matches just after WC...

SA is touring BD just after WC..and there is a tri series ODI in which india is also slotted to be participating...

but india wants to play 3 match series against AUS..as BD had SA to play against ..its just that it will become SA-BD ODI series...

so you need to get your facts right....

india has played as many test matches and ODI matches with BD...as any other test playing nations...so don't under stand this bias against indian team and BCCI...

and india is nbot interested in hosting BD at home..as according to them it will not generate enough advertisement revenue ...where as..if they tour BD...BD board will get advertisement money and india will fulfill its commitment to play matches against BD..

and i am not sure about the BD cricket board..but BCCI is not selected by people...
its the state associations who select the members of BCCI...
I will just try to put it as simply as possible. India did not honour the FTP schedules by ICC with Bangladesh only, however all other teams did. NO matter what you say or how you put it, this fact will not change and this is a major reason for the Anti indian sentiments regarding cricket that runs in BD fans. If other boards ca host us the so should India. The biggest difference in quality is between BD and AUS and it seem a huge mismatch but they could afford to host us. I dont see how India cannot if AUS can being a far more superior team to India and thus making the matches that much more one sided and lacking in commercial interest. The more you try to justify BCCI's wrong doing and bullying attitude the bigger hole you will be digging for yourself because there is no way you can justify their actions with logic.