View Single Post
Old May 1, 2015, 01:13 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
What has Ireland got to do with this conversation??

Are you trying to tell me this pitch isnt flat?? Put Uganda on it and they'll fold for 60 probably, doesnt mean its not flat.
I got an issue with the timing of this thread. That it took until our openers brilliantly batted out the day to open this thread. Not before when Pakistan was killing our bowling. I am sure people on the sidelines would have happily waited to see us fold in the second innings. If that happened this thread probably wouldn't be here. That is my issue.
Ireland is very relevant to this conversation because it shows you comparative strength. Pakistan is a much superior side than us... and based on ranking and past results they should be good enough to beat us. They didnt do that today but tomorrow they may very well do it. The fact remains that we played well against a very good Test bowling attack. The whole flat pitch conversation, the timing of it is annoying to any BD fan who has endured innings after innings defeats in the past. Give us a breathing space to enjoy the moment and pat ourselves on the back for batting well. You can remind us how we did it due to the flat pitch once the test or series is over.