View Single Post
Old January 21, 2017, 04:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Can't wait for this. Historic moment in Hyderabad fizerz home ground away from home! I wish Ind tour had 3 Odis or even 2 t20s!

Here's the XI I'd go with:

1) Tamim
2) Kayes
3) Mominul > (if he is out injured, then Sarkar at #3. And Mossadekh number 7.)
4) Nasir/Shakib
5) Mushy
6) Shakib/Nasir
7) Sabbir
8) Miraz
9) Taijul
10) Kamrul
11) Fizz

Bench: Shanto, Taskin, Sarkar

Hyderabad wicket seemee little more in it for seamers than spinners seeing last ipl, but who knows what will India create for this test. I'm guessing it will be a flat wicket. I don't think India will make a rank turner because we have Fizz, Miraz and Sakib and BD are well equipped on rank turners, having the bowling options available for these conditions. Yes India also has Ashwin and maybe jadeja too but I don't rate Jadeja, but only Ashwin will be threat to me
, our left handers in the top half will deal with Jadeja with ease.

So, if it is flat, might as well take Taijul and rest Taskin cause it will most like be a highscoring whoever bats first. Taskin will be roasted, same with the Indian pacers but only reverse swinging, slow bowlers, cutters (which we have in Kamrul who can reverse the old ball, Fizz has the slow, cutters), will get decent result out of it ( if the wicket is a cemented highway).

I hope they do create a turner. Will be interesting to see, who has the better bowling suited for the turning wicket.

Overall I feel it will be a DRAW. I think BD has got a good learning lessons and confidence gained playing on the bouncy NZ wicket where they been tested with the short stuffs and what not, so I don't think flat low bounce wicket in India should be a worry but thing is with BD its not the condition that is a worry most times, it's the BRAINFARTEDISM (refer to my thread 'Brainfartedism' for more info, on it).

This test, is a test not just in test cricket, but in big ways for BD future gains (getting more series in Ind). If BD do well this test, bcci and it's sponsors who sponsor Ind home cricket/series's will no longer say, "series with BD won't bing them dollars". Long gone are the 00s days.

Last edited by Mas_UK25; January 21, 2017 at 09:51 AM..