View Single Post
Old June 20, 2019, 09:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
@zman well re: ultra gung ho... at this stage a team that must threaten top caliber ones must be expected to manage caution with aggression... even India A
would put up better ballsier fight....we simply didn't take enough chance... fully agree with TE...

I think it's EXTREMELY IMPERATIVE we start local leagues of T10 or Hong Kong sixes, where we need to give our REPRESSED INHIBITED kids, a freedom to ...."throw their hands"...
I don't disagree with you. My problem is some folks make it sound like the solution is to get rid of the current big 4 and replace them with young guns all at once. If we thought we were ready to move on from the big 4, believe me, folks like me, Jadukor, Miraz, Rinat, Al Furqaan, and others would be as excited as anyone. But the point is the juniors aren't there yet, they're nowhere close to being ready. Our best prospect Soumya, who has 4 yrs experience at the intl level and has been giving us decent starts in this world cup is still avg'ing just 22. Litton has showed promise in one innings but let's see how consistently he can deliver. The less we talk about Sabbir the better. Reality is the juniors will take time to develop and I'm talking several years, and the seniors will need to be phased out one at a time. That's how we can maintain steady progress, minimize the risks of a sudden fall ala Zim/SL and eventually get to the big boys level.