Thread: Eat the frog!
View Single Post
Old June 18, 2019, 08:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Angry Eat the frog!

Stoic philosopher Seneca used to eat the frog first thing in the morning so as to brace for impact, as we say in modern parlance...lol.

We need to mentally prepare ourselves for the fact that should we lose, then it is just plain over. We are out. There will be snowball's chance in hell we will move on.

Of course, my first reaction to follow other matches will be: why bother? But we have to move on that there are winners and losers, and Bangladesh although put on a dazzling performance with some stellar records. shots and wickets, they are simply not in part with the big boys: The Big Four, as I like to call it.

It hurts my mind to think that we have to wait three more years, and I don't even know if the team we play next is worth watching it.

But I will grade this world cup a solid A-. We did well. It's just that turning that - to + takes lifetime of practice, or sadhana, as Rubel likes to call it.

I am upset. It's understandable. I don't know how to even cope with this loss. And there are further ramifications in our daily lives when it will lower our motivation.

But show must go on, we must carry on the torch and flame.

Mash: I apologize for that thread. Please forgive me.

I also think we should visualize the headlines we might expect Cricinfo to throw at us:

Australia 401 blows away Bangladesh
Bangladesh falters in chase of 397
Starch skittles Bangladesh to dust
'Ashes be ashes, dust to dust' was Lee's final spell
Warner 194 knocks Bangladesh out
Smith and Warner's 213 partnership sets Bangladesh steep target
Zumpa 9 ends Bangladesh misery
Different side shows up as Bangladesh all out for 92

We shouldn't be emotional and let it affect us. We need to pay our bills and mortgage and if we are depressed dishes will just pile up.

Bookies have the match at 97% percent in favor of Australia, so we are pretty much out.

And also we will be too heart broken to even come up with "What went wrong thread?"

Remember we NEVER defeated Australia in ODI except for one match. Pressure is on us.

And even if we win, we will lose and we will not make the semis. So we just have to swallow this bitter pill and accept that fact we are not cut for it.

There is also a chance rain might play a spoilsport and D/L will favor against us heavily.

It's best we eat the frog now.

Also, we will probably also take a big break after getting kicked out. And I think BC traffic will drop drastically making Nasif homeless.

mao_o_mati will be too shocked to open a thread except for the "Speechless" thread.

Roey will scrawl a "F*** this* banner and storm out of the room slamming the forum with expletives.

Even reverse swing will speak.

iDumb will turn out to be aReallyDumb investor for spending gazillion money touring World Cup for only to see us lose the remainder matches.

NW will be so depressed that even you wouldn't want to play fantasy.

ToBeFair will possibly be the only man happy that his prediction of Trump winning the next term will come true, possibly which is even more dear to him sitting in frikkin Yemen following every details of Mueller report.

Nafi will really break Mash's knees. lol

As I said, eat the frog.

You won't like when you see the coming pictures.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles