View Single Post
Old November 1, 2018, 09:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Agree with simon. Generally a scrap is finished within 30 seconds or 2 minutes max. You don't drag a a fight for 90 years. Make it quick. Make it fast. Make it blitz. Make it smash n grab.

If you go out there with the mentality of surviving or playing out the overs by bowling then you are already in defensive mindset.

I will also again echo and agree with my father. "Test cricket uthaye deway uchit." Some people are so disingenuous and will blindly follow authority - just because so and so said it- or because it some kind of 'stupid heritage or tradition' or that we nincompoops mussn 'get it' if we are against Test.

No. No one watches dot balls after dot balls ad nauseum. At least not out of some effort. If you are in frikkin Dhaba and the tv happens to be on sure you will watch it.

But its not like 'Gee let me skip work or wake up at 4:00 am to watch some boring, yawn inducing 80 dot balls.'

Cricket is all about marketability. What the hell is the point of a sport if no one watches it...

And as someone mentioned. "Oh oh it must be because your team is not doing well." No you moron. Some of us don't like to parrot back authority or mainstream or even majority opinion thinking that maketh it right or true or 'fact'.

Nothing is fact under the sun.

Proust and Joyce are also classics but doesn't mean you will read every single word of them. No self-respecting bookstore w ill devote enormous shelf space for them.

I bet most of the people who tout test cricket don't even watch even regular cricket since they are so 'busy'.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles