View Single Post
Old December 3, 2006, 08:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
If you go on like that then you have to ban name 'Bush', 'Saddam'. Even some common name like 'Aorongojeb' would be offensive to some of our hindu friend. It would become a witch hunt.
I personaly feel this is of bad taste, I objected impulsively when I first saw it. but now I think it is simply unnecessary a cry for changing nick. I remember there was Stalin. No body give a damn about that. As Rubu correctly pointed to some 'Pandit' is bad taste. Even my nick is bad taste to someone. Only Allah is the best. So if someone cry should I would be forced to change nick. And if Rubu demands would Pandit change his nick?
It is more on what he does in the board. There are more bigots in the board with nice nick. You have banned someone with some very nice nick. I think that should be criteria to judge. The name of one Jafar (with prefix Mir) just boiled our blood, but another Jafar (Bahadur Shah Jafar) clamed our blood. So would you also ban the name Jafar assuming that he reminds the board member about Mir Jafar.
Well, we will try not to go down the slippery slope like that. But the choice of the name Hitler (with a pic of Hitler in the avatar to practically enforce a double reminder) shows deliberate poor taste, sets the user up for potential taunts from other members (especially when he engages quite regularly in political discussions), and eventually, raises the amount of unnecessary noise in the forums. Now, not all controversies are unhealthy, but this is primarily a cricket forum, and we like to think ourselves as a moderate community and have faith in the way we handle these things.