View Single Post
Old July 4, 2014, 07:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
James > Neymar. Neymar is a big douche. Tough loss for World Cup's top scorer. I just looked him up to see what club he played for. IDK how things work in that world but I'm guessing he'll get picked up by a big name team after this?

Also nice sportsmanship from the Brazil team.
Yes, right. Unlike Neymar, James didn't get a vertebrae fractured from the knee in his back from Zunigia and thus ruled out of the rest of the WC. This Zunigia is, of course, the same chap who went in, studs up, into Hulk's knee and didn't get carded.

Colombia is an excellent young team, and has an amazing player in Jamie Rodriguez. But they had a fairly easy group to qualify out of, and then faced an Uruguay team with an old has-been Diego Forlan and no Suarez. And when they met a strong team, albeit a strong team playing terribly like Brazil, they couldn't pull it off. Even with the last few runs into the Brazilian "D" in the second half, there were very far too few shots on goal; and it took a penalty to score one.

Frankly, I think Chile was a better team than Colombia, in terms of attacking, high press, and defence. Unfortunately for S. American teams, the bracket ensured that now both Colombia and Chile are out, and Brazil will meet Germany so severely weakened (admittedly Thiago Silva's foul was a terrible lapse by their captain) that they are unlikely to advance.

Perhaps this will indeed be the first WC to be won by an European team on American (North or South) soil.