View Single Post
Old May 23, 2011, 10:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avik
yes, the practice matches are very important at this point of time.

Ekhane sobai bhalo kotha boltese, so i will just add small bits to it.

1) Naeem should be given a try as the no. 4 in the test team. his performance in the national league in the middle order, plus his experience in the test team makes us owe it to him. instead of trying someone completely new, he should be tried out. I just hope the new coach doesnt treat him as a bowler, rather a batsman who can bowl a bit. in test matches, he is very ineffective as a bowler.

2) Junaid has done enough to earn a recall in the test team. he has always been a solid batsman in the test team. while shahriar nafees is playing well, junaid deserved that no. 3 position more.

3) we should look for definite other options than Razzak in test matches. Enamul ke keno team e neowa hoitese na? i do not think throwing a new recruit to zimbabwe is the best of ideas, but anyone who is doing well in first class is better than Razzak in the longer format.
Agree that Zunaed should be in the test team and should be the #3, but I believe Nafees should be at the #4 ahead of Naeem. His test record for a BD batsman is already good and it's less risky then trying out Naeem. Also Nafees is overall a better batsman who has had more reps playing in the top order. On top of that, Nafees has also batted in the middle order in tests before. So it would be interesting to see how it would work out.