View Single Post
Old November 1, 2019, 03:46 PM
Cricket Savant

From his Facebook post:

Quote:
To all my fans and well wishers, let me start by saying that I have been touched and felt blessed by your unconditional support and affection during what has been a very difficult time for me and my family. In the last few days I have realised more than ever what it means to represent your country.

On that note, I am requesting calm and patience from all my supporters who may have felt aggrieved at the sanction imposed on me.

I wish to make it very clear that the entire investigation by the ICC Anti-Corruption Unit was confidential and the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) only came to know about it from me just a few days before the announcement of the sanction. From that point onwards, the BCB has been most supportive and understanding of my situation and I am grateful for that.

I can understand why many people are offering to help and I really appreciate that. However, there is a process in place and I have accepted my ban because I felt that was the right thing to do.

My entire focus now is on returning to the cricket field and playing for Bangladesh again in 2020. Until then keep me in your prayers and heart. Thank you.
https://www.facebook.com/Shakib.Al.Hasan/

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles