View Single Post
Old October 17, 2016, 05:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Shafiul is fine. I'd rather have him over Rubel. And I'd rather they not use Taskin, Al-Amin in tests.
Rubel and Al-Amin should focus on returning for NZ ODI series.

Nasir*
he can do all of that too and proven it. I don't know how Hom keeps finding his way back in the team!
Al-amin has performed better than Shafiul in the last few years, and can at least contain the batsmen if not take wickets as seen in the practice match. This will allow a spinner like Shakib at the other end to take wickets. But Shafiul with his standard medium pace bowling with no variety will offer easy scoring opportunity and reduce the pressure, he is also not a wicket taking bowler.

As for Nasir, he should have been there instead of Hom, Shabbir has been in decent form with both ball and bat, so giving him a try is not a bad idea considering future benefits..

Also, outside of player selection, I am really worried about Mushy's captaincy. He will set ultra defensive field, bring in the wrong bowler at the wrong time and loose the match mentally as soon as there is one long English partnership or we loose few wickets.