View Single Post
Old November 5, 2016, 01:15 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ don't think he's a rubbish coach. Don't be ridic. now. He just has trouble picking the right players. And it's hard to understand his logic at times. The whole reason why I wanted him to be part of the coaching selection so he can goo look at the players and hand pick them to plug them into his plans based on what he sees. He doesn't even go to the games! Then should not be part of the plan. But then I def don't trust Nannu Boltu running the show.

Quote:
TDS: Can you give us hints on your strategies for the New Zealand series?

CH: I really don't want to elaborate because I won't give my plans early. But I can tell you that I have made plans beyond the New Zealand series I have already been thinking about our game plan for the World Cup. For example who might we play in the final or the semifinal of the 2019 World Cup? And then I start thinking backwards from there. What will be the major obstacles for us in England in 2019, and then from there the Champions trophy. And then I come back to the New Zealand series and I try to find out what we can get from this series. I firstly ask whether we have the ammunition to be competitive there or can we win there? When we answer these questions we are not taking risks, but we come to terms with what we have.
Release the squad 52 days early.
Also, I didn't want to say anything about something I noticed on that interview, right after the Eng, because I'd have been the villain, but... lot of "I" in that interview. "I'll do this, I'll do that. I have a lot of plans. Me, me, me." England win got to his head.

Winning with a flawed team only encouraged more flawed selection.