View Single Post
Old October 11, 2018, 11:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Don’t see a need for nurul in short formats when Liton, mushy and mithun are already there and can all keep.

Mosaddek has been unlucky like any other youngsters, he’s been picked in and out of position, been dropped and brought back (although he has had a more consistent run than most in ODIs). I think the bottom line is mosaddek can’t play lower than 5 and preferably it’s higher than that until he develops his power game but the the question is should he be picked ahead of the players being picked in the top 4? I’d say they could’ve picked him over shanto for Asia cup but they didn’t and they brought shanto in so now shanto deserves his extended run. Mosa has had 24 matches and his average keeps going down similar to soumya but soumya actually showed something early on whereas mosa hasn’t done that so far. He’s got one 50 which is a not out which is propping up his average, his strike rate has gone down to 78 when it used to be over 90 (and he’s been playing lower/middle order mostly).

I know I know similar things can be said about other youngsters, Liton looked dire until his ton but difference with mosa is that we all for the most part agree he should be batting top 4 (some are ok with him at 5) but there isn’t really room for him, especially when you consider he isn’t an opener and shanto is very clearly the more experienced #3 and is already around the team combined with shakib having been the number 3 for the team recently, 4 his probably the only place to put him but with imrul coming back there just isn’t really room in the top 4 unless they change something and right now (WC in mind) they should be stabilising the team and finding players for the weak spots rather than rearranging the whole batting order for one player.

Also the imrul issue is should he bat top order or middle, imo middle order if he plays since that’s where he cameback and scored runs, we didn’t like him up top, otherwise he should’ve been in the original WC squad and opening ahead of Liton and shanto once Tamim was out injured.
I hope Liton never keeps for the national team. Seeing him against Pakistan in the Asia Cup was enough for me. He is good on the slips but not behind the stumps.